Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serre Chevalier info

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A friend has the opportunity to ski Serre Chevalier, a week halfboard, flight lift pass etc all included

Does anyone have a run down on the resort?

Which airport is she most likely to fly into Grenoble or Geneva (hopefully)?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
1969jma,
Quote:

Which airport is she most likely to fly into Grenoble or Geneva (hopefully)?

Turin is the most common and closest.

Use the search function for general info, there is a lot on this site about Serre Che.

It is a popular resort amongst snowHead 's though has the occasional detractor. It has extensive skiing for most skiers plenty above and below the tree line. Predominantly north facing and holds the snow well. It's my favourite area.
Lowish base height at the bottomend of the valley (briancon) means that you sometimes need snow cannons to keep the return runs open though these are plentiful.
Quite a few different villages along the valley bottom, which are distinct from each other and any of them can be used by people skiing the area so your friend could be actually based in any of the villages some are livelier for apres than others most visitors enjoy all of them.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
1969jma, very unlikely to be Geneva,transfer is quite long by car, so will be much longer by coach it is usually Turin. There were some charter flights to Grenoble, and I have heard of Chambery being used by Crystal, but I think they have stopped that now.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Great area for cruising intermediates. Lots of long runs away from the lifts.

The thing I like about it best is that all the different areas end up at the same road that runs along the bottom which is well served by a ski bus. So it doesn't matter which village you stay in - you can ski down anywhere and catch the bus home.

I've never really been much of a fan of its Apres (after all - it's France). But then I haven't been there for a few years so things might have picked up a bit.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Like T Bar, and Helen Beaumont, say it would most likely be Turin, but we did do a Lyon one once or twice on packages [that was a while back]. I have also heard of Geneva transfers with one TO but again that was long time ago.

Great resort for intermediates - good tree skiing when the weather closes in, and great sunny bowls for playing when is good. For non-ski days [if there are such things] there are lots of other things to try - the tourist offices are very helpful. Briancon is a nice old historic town that is worth a mooch around if you have time - hot choc on the grand gargolye mmmm.. Toofy Grin

Apres is quiet by most resort standards IMO but TBH have never really sought out the club life... Shocked

It is great.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Pretty much agree with what has been said above.

Great skiing area for all abilities.

Why do you hope she is flying into Geneva?

Turin is the nearest airport at about 1 hour 45 mins away. I have used the airport about a dozen times and have no qualms with the place, unlike somepeople who have had bad experience with luggage reclaim etc.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
1969jma, which tour op? If we know , we may be able to tell you which airport it is.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Equity, Rocketski
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
1969jma, looking on the website http://www.rocketski.com/engine/res_offers.aspx flight is to grenoble from both Luton and Gatiwck, but
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
1969jma, a word of warning, there may be school parties staying in their hotels, but the booking form usually asks you to acknowledge this.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Serre Chevalier is a mega size resort with 250km piste! On its own that is bigger than Tignes (without Val D) or Les Arcs (without La Plagne).

It is a bit further away from the major airports and motorways but definitely a place to be with less crowd around. L2A and LDH are at the front of the valley and the Miky Way is at the rear of the valley so plenty of skiing for everybody.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

school parties staying in their hotels

should be masses of fun then Skullie Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Have a look at the `official` website, ... www.serre-chevalier.com
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy