Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boxhill opening dates......

Poster: A snowHead
Snowing quite heavily in Dorking right now. Could we see a repeat of lasts seasons fantastic conditions on Boxhill and an even earlier start to the season!!???
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I can't believe it's only settling NOW. I'm so worried about snow conditions in Surrey for the trip I have booked for Feburary half term.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bother Bother Bother.

I used to live in Pixham. Never had skis when it snowed there.

Send some up here will you.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Still falling and more predicted for thursday and friday, could it be the place to be this weekend? If not enough to ski, it's always fun to mtb in the snow.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
hey, i live in dorking. did any one actually ski at box hill? you gotta be kiddin me!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Its looking good for Thursday and Friday..pity there is no chairlift up Box Hill and I have boots but no skis!

Can't believe how many snow heads there are in this area!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
In the great dump of January '09 much skiing was done through the trees, some allegedly making it from the mountain restraunt (formerly the NT cafe) down to Ryka's! I missed that one i'm afraid but did manage a few turns on the Nower!
If the snow keeps up I don't think the kids will be too keen on a family shopping trip to Guildford!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I was desperate to get down when it snowed earlier this year, but my wife got stranded at her folks so I had no transport. Be great if it was covered this weekend -i'd definatel try and get down there.

The answer would be get a group of people together and hire a taxi driver for the afternoon and just get him to do shuttle runs up and down the road next to it. Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I remeber people skiing from the back of the cafe when I was a kid. Major snow of the late sixties I think.

Down to Ryka's ? Errr, across the road ? The Dorking Ad was scandalised when we sledged over it way back.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I remember skiing down the open hill back in the 80's, Richmond park was another fav, steeper but shorter so less climb back up
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
if it snows like it did last year....count me in!!! i lived in bookham last yr but now in dorking.. we were stranded, i even considered skiing from bookhm all the way down miklham bends!!

oh and i have spare pair of skis!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
madmole, I skied Richmond Park last year, the north end from Pembroke Lodge down towards Petersham. It didn't really have enough snow to make it really worthwhile but it was good fun nonetheless.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sadly yesterdays snow has all melted and its sunny at the moment. Maybe it will all change later...
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Upate - the snow is returning!! Maybe Boxhill skiing will be on after all! A large hailstorm at preseent.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I think it will be open for a short time today. Not as much snow as expected here.
snow report
I skied on Box Hill when a foot of snow fell in early Feb. Was fantastic, true powder skiing (still some tufts of grass poking out though!). Only did two runs though, it's a tiring climb back up.

Don't think it'd be worth it with less than about 6 inches of snow, which is a shame because such an event seems to happen about every 20 years.

I heard there used to be a portable ski-lift installed in favourable conditions in the 80s?
snow conditions
Enough snow in Boxhill today?
latest report
Yes, there was a portable rope drag accasionally in the 80's. I think it was a home made job, I seem to remember lots of car tyres as part of it
ski holidays
About 10cms of snow in Dorking (at least there is on top of our guinea pig hutch!). If it stays cold and keeps snowing (which is the forecast), it may well be skiable on Boxhill tomorrow
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy