Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jasna Slovakia can anyone recommend this resort

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone, we are thinking of going to Jasna in Slovakia next February.

Has anyone been there and could give us a lowdown of what it is like etc etc.

We usually go to the Nordic resorts, but fancy a change this time.

Many thanks. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I went around two years ago. The resort is on the small side but has enough to keep you entertained for a week. There is a large freeride area on the back on the mountain and a large un-pisted area under the worst two-man chair I have ever been on. (Think it's been replaced now). The snow was pretty poor the week we was there but we still had good fun.

There isn't much English spoken but you can get most things brought by hand signals Smile

Lift pass is about £90 for the week! The most expensive beer we could find was a £1 and I paid 20p for a Vodka and Coke. Night life is strange but fun - nothing much at the mountain but the local town is only a 10 / 15 min taxi ride away.

The transfer is less than an hour IIRC - though from what I understand some of the lost cost airlines that fly there have gone belly up - so you may struggle to find a local airport if your not based in the south.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes Smile

Search the forum I have posted loads on it before
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Karlos, I have been there many times, the snow is uasually really good. The winds are too high very often. If they close the lifts on the upper part, and then huge queues are formed in front of the other lifts. The lifts are getting better, this year they built a new gondola.

Jasna is on the northern side of the mountain. Theoritically, a T-bar links to the Southern site. In practice this lift is often closed due to the winds or storms.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the assistance people.....much appreciated.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Only drawback is relative lack of sunshine. Otherwise very good resort.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I was considering going in mid march - has anyone been there at that time? Were crowds a problem?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kerekip, I was stucked on this very chair for about 15 min.,in -18C and very strong wind.Probably because of this i can not remember anything good from Jasna,only excellent goulash and vodka Toofy Grin (this was 6-7 ago,so they are probably better now).
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Draybs74, No problem with crowds at February half-term last year. mil46, Many lifts had obviously only been installed /replaced in the last two to three years.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy