Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Breakfast in Banff, how much?

Poster: A snowHead
Right, we are off to Banff again in March. We've always stayed at the Banff Aspen Lodge but this year it works out cheaper staying at a number of other hotels. That said the likes of the Ptarmigan and Caribou don't sell the room on a B&B basis, so could you give me an idea as to what kind of price to expect for breakfast at these hotels? Nothing too fancy, just enough to keep us going till lunch..

Cheers.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I found it wasn't so much the cost as the faff of sorting it out. We, though, were in Banff Park Lodge where it was rattling around £10 each (not $10), which meant that we ended up going out a few times, which was tiresome, when we wanted to get our son to his lessons on time too. We bought cereal (instant porridge) and disposable bowls and ate that in the room. If you're cheap, or want the convenience, that is the way to go.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Caribou gives you a choice of menu or buffet breakfast. When I was there in 2006 it was CAN$10 per person for the buffet. Have you looked at their web sites?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ac505, Caribou was reasonable when we were there a few years ago, as was the buffet at the bottom of the mountain in Lake Louise. Melissa's was good for a big breakfast.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We stayed at Caribou and ended up giving up on breakfast - we were usually still so full from the previous evenings meal Embarassed Toofy Grin Toofy Grin . What Yellow Pyranha, is saying on price sounds about similar. The breakfasts were suitable substantial, so it just got to the point of 'how much for a plate of oatmeal?' that you of course have to wait for. Not that the service was guff or anything, but you just wanted to stuff up and go.

We did have what we called a 'Sunshine Breakfast' at least once at the gondola station caff - Bagel, bacon, egg and cheese - won't do much for your cholesterol but it was blimming lovely with a coffee. Sometimes we recreate it, just for that lovely memory...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm trying to weigh up what best to do. At the Aspen Lodge, as you say, you can just stuff up and go, therei is a good variety to the brekky offered and of course the granola is fab! However it's looking like well over £100 more to stay there. Okay you get an outdoor hot tub which is nice but if I can do breakfast for $10 a day then I'm looking at least a £70 saving.. Every penny counts!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ac505, Have stayed just up the road in Lake Louise. IIRC breakfast at the hotel was approx $10. It cost $12 for a "full monty" up at the ski station lodge.

We thought it was worth the extra $2 because you could sit and watch the place come to life....great views Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Eat at the resort, louise does a great buffet breakfast on the top floor of the lodge. Sunshine does buffet breakfasts at the bottom of the gondola
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
MarjMJ wrote:
We did have what we called a 'Sunshine Breakfast' at least once at the gondola station caff - Bagel, bacon, egg and cheese - won't do much for your cholesterol but it was blimming lovely with a coffee. Sometimes we recreate it, just for that lovely memory...

Oh, yes, breakfast at sunshine was good. And when we were last there, MacD was closed due to plumbing issues, otherwise we would probably have gone there at least once.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Coyotes if you are having a day off. Get in early at the weekend otherwise you won't get a seat. Melissas is good too.

I like the breakfast bagel from Sunshine and the buffet isn't half bad.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I always used to go to Evelyn's, on Banff Avenue, for coffee and muffins: you can either eat in the cafe or get a take-out. (Very handy for the Mount Royal, which is a pretty good value hotel).

- The ownership the business changed a few years ago, when Evelyn sold it, but there are now 3 branches, and one of them's probably pretty convenient for most of the town centre hotels.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Brunos just around the corner from the Mount Royal off Banff ave was good for breakfast about $14.00 for a massive full monty, if I remember correctly, they do have smaller, cheaper and healthier options too. We only did this once or twice as we stayed at the Red carpet inn which includes a continental self service breakfast(Ceareals ,pastries, coffee, toast, orange juice) in the room rate, so this probably saved us $10.00 or more per person per day. link http://www.taximike.com/bruno-menu.html
editd to add link.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
OUr favourite place was B'tf'slpick's (sp??) Diner, but I think someone said it had closed.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Helen Beaumont, closed down Sad
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
On days when we skied Lake Louise, we waited till arriving there ahd had the "all you can stuff your face" buffet.
Excellent and much cheaper than anywhere in Banff.
snow report
Melissa's is the local's choice. If it was me I'd buy a bunch of bagels, muffins & fruit from Safeway, have them made the night and just grab and go for an earlier bus.
ski holidays
fatbob, Melissa's was definitely a good breakfast. Youngest stuffed himself full of Steak and eggs, and was then ill on the plane home.

rolling eyes
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy