Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

USA 2006/2007

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

New Boy here wanted to say hi...... and throw something into the melting pot!

I started to get all excited about my ski holiday for next year (2006) as I wanted so desperately to get back to Vail (was there in '98 ) and thought I could do it but when I sat down and worked the numbers out for a family of 4 plus mountain tubing/snow biking/ice skating etc... etc... the cost was prohibitive... so I have resigned myself to next year being in Chamonix (if resigned is the right word!) with the family for a week (still almost £2,000 but better than the £5,000 plus I had worked out for Vail.

Anyway..... I'll get to the point soon........

I have a very understanding (non skiing) wife who was with me in '98 so knows why I'm hankering to get back. She suggested that i could afford to get back there if I went alone, which she wouldn't have a problem with!

So... here's the something thrown into the melting pot.... 2006 is now taken care of, 2007 therefore would seem to be the year! I know it's along way off but... would anyone else out there be interested in forming a party to go out to the USA (Breckenridge/Vail) for 2 weeks (long way to go for 1 week) in 2007 (I could probably do it in 2006 along with Chamonix if truth be known!)

I'm a good intermediate from the North East (started skiing at 16, now 39 and lived/played/raced at Rossendale for quite a few years mid to late 20's ) who will take on anything except VERY steep mogul fields (just need to lose a few pounds, get back in the gym and grow some hair!!!!! well..... 2 out of 3 ain't bad Very Happy ).

Cheers
Paul
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Vipa, welcome to snowHeads!

Yes, well, um, how about Utah in 2006 with a bunch of us? (click the link in my signature, or look at the thread about the ESA on here)
Also, if you're thinking of 2007, I'm sure I'll be going to the US, not sure exactly where though. There are many places other than Vail! (saying that, I'm off to Vail tomorrow)
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I would be interested but I have an eye on a trip to Chile as well but as a single skier its a problem for me sometimes I just tried to rebook a trip to Canada and the tour operators want nearly £400 more for the same trip as this year because they have added a single supplement that they didn't apply last year.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Fri 18-03-05 11:49; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Here's a bit of the story of the ESA on here:
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=1819&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=40

Russell, be like me, don't use a TO, but go DIY!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There is something (I don't know what) tugging at me to go back to Vail.... It's the only US resort I have been to and I'm sure there are others... probably better but....... it's been 7 years now and I still get butterflies/well up just by looking at the photos (yes it had that big an effect on me.... almost spiritual some may say!!!! others might just say 'sad'!!!! Toofy Grin )

I'll have a look at the Utah link... in the meantime... enjoy Vail... I'm soooooo jelous!

Paul
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Russell wrote:
I would be interested but I have an eye on a trip to Chille as well but as a single skier its a problem for me sometimes I just tried to rebook a trip to Canada and the tour operators want nearly £400 more for the same trip as this year because they have added a single supplement that they didn't apply last year.

Russell

It's early days yet.... if it's gonna be 2007 then plenty of time to plan, organise, make decisions etc... If it's gonna be 2006........................ I'd better get my head down and earn some money Shocked

Looks like I've been thrown into the catagory of lone skier/traveller (for the more exotic stuff anyway) thanks to my lovely wife so need to find new friends/ski buddies in the same boat as me!!!

Paul

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Fri 18-03-05 11:43; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Wear The Fox Hat, Thats what I'm looking at now but need to do the research
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Vipa, Next year I was looking at Canada again and Chile in 2007 but I could do the US as well costs permitting of course
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Russell wrote:
Vipa, Next year I was looking at Canada again and Chile in 2007 but I could do the US as well costs permitting of course

Sorted already!!!!..... a group only needs to consist of more than 1 snowHead

Let's see what other interest comes in and take it from there (cost etc) obviously the more the merrier, mainly down to the fact that with a largish group we could probably get a luxury chalet for the same price 2 of us will get a 2* room.... either is good though!.... (the butterflies are starting again!!!!)

I'm only an hour from Leeds too so we could get together at xscape!

Paul
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I doubt very much that you could book any flights for winter 2006 let alone 2007 . The airlines dont publish there schedules that far in advance plus they are saying Oil will be going up form $50 to $80 a barrel in the next couple of years, so theres no way the airlines will gaurantee you a price right now.

Anyway, I like your advance thinking Very Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi Stanton

Not the booking that's important... that can wait... my goal here is to get the group interest so that when the schedules are released the hol can be booked.

BTW.. skideals.co.uk are already taking bookings for 2006 hols and if memory serves the airlines publish routes and availability up to 340 days into the future!

Paul
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy