Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

where could I locate a rottafella papper jig..

Poster: A snowHead
yep as the topic says...anyone got any ideas?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've tried - there's a thread on TGR with a whole load of templates saved but never had any joy opening the attachments which are in some odd format.
Chilli and Cobra are different templates. NTN will be different again

http://www.linken.com/
has some templates for the older front plate.

Also ask the customer where they want them mounted - the alpine line is not necessarily the answer nor is the old pin line.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hmmm maybe if I follow this thread I will find out what a rottafella papper jig is.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
ccl, I was thinking just that! Laughing
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ccl, Hurtle, it's a papper jig for a rett trapp of course. rolling eyes
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Right - said thread:

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153971
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
comprex, oh right, that explains everything.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hurtle, I submit to you that the original poster asserted himself as both familiar with context and adequately supplied of ingenuity, and implicitly requested respondents to be -more- so.

On that level, you are correct, there is absolutely nothing left unexplained; anyone qualified and ingenious and crafty enough to reliably use a paper mounting template for telemark bindings should have been set as of fatbob's post, using the principles contained therein: a) identify which Rottefella mounting pattern is called for and b) use a template supplied by a different maker if the patterns match.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
fatbob, thanks very much! the templates on that site are not to scale :-S so back to the drawing board! Yep I heard that telemarkers are fussy on there mount point, its going on a punisher as well so makes it even more complicated being a twin tip so i hear!

I've phoned every rottafella dealer and none of them have any paper jigs avalible and there is no uk supplier Sad always makes life complicated!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
dansmith, interestingly I emailed rottefella asking for a paper jig a couple of weeks ago- no reply. I found the TGR thread but was unable to open the attachments.

Mountain spirit and Breamar Mountain sports both sell Cobras though.

Those nice people at telemark pyrenees might help?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
dansmith, have you tried contacting them direct ?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
dansmith wrote:
......the templates on that site are not to scale :-S so back to the drawing board......

Yes, but you simply enlarge/reduce the template on a photocopier until the actual measurement matches the check/scale measure on the template - exactly as stated in TGR's instructions for using the downloads.

Alternatively just measure off the actual bindings - I've mounted a few pairs of rotts that way - you can always do a dummy mount on an old ski or piece of wood first. It ain't rocket science.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
do a dummy mount on a piece of wood or old ski as spydy said use any jig with a centre hole as your starting point then make your own jig..simples
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
D G Orf, as Ed says they don't seem to reply! in fairness I've only given them a day to reply so far so should wait for a bit! and cheers spyderjon, the old ski root is our tech's last resort as It takes so long and we have a work shop full of skis to be serviced!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
dansmith wrote:
fatbob, thanks very much! the templates on that site are not to scale :-S so back to the drawing board! Yep I heard that telemarkers are fussy on there mount point, its going on a punisher as well so makes it even more complicated being a twin tip so i hear!

The instructions also say to use the Linken or G3 or Voile or Black Diamond templates depending on -which- Rottefella pattern you're trying to mount.

-sigh-
snow report
dansmith, there is or was a jig on bay - from the US
snow report
For tele mount position on flat tail skis it's pin line on the chord centre. On twins you then move forward to adjust for length of twin tip. For the length of the Punisher tail I'd go forward 3cm.
snow report
spyderjon wrote:
For tele mount position on flat tail skis it's pin line on the chord centre.

Only if that's how you ski them.

BoF over CRS seems to work better for me.

That's the problem with telemarking.
ski holidays
dansmith wrote:
fatbob, thanks very much! the templates on that site are not to scale

Are you, err, positive about that...

PDF is supposed to be printer independent for scaling - but it could be that you've got "fit to page" or some other scaling option set on your printer...
ski holidays
FlyingStantoni wrote:
dansmith wrote:
fatbob, thanks very much! the templates on that site are not to scale

Are you, err, positive about that...

PDF is supposed to be printer independent for scaling - but it could be that you've got "fit to page" or some other scaling option set on your printer...

I'm pretty sure! there was no hole near any other hole...and yes i was using the semi right jig when I was checking!
ski holidays
FlyingStantoni wrote:
......BoF over CRS seems to work better for me.....

Alpine position eh. Best take a lesson wink
latest report
This is a bit like a round of Mornington Crescent. Laughing

comprex, trouble is, pomposity and humour aren't brilliant bedfellows.

For the record, I had no idea this was about telemarking but, like ccl, was happy for the thread to develop and enlighten me. Happy freeheeling, guys - I've seen some of you doing it and it's beautiful.
latest report
the ideal mount for tele skis can only be divined after a pilgrimage to the sacred Mt Kailash- and then only if clothed head to foot in home kitted llama wool.
latest report
Best place to look would be:

http://www.telemarktalk.com/phpBB/
snow report
dansmith, I see you are in Ringwood, there is a ski shop in Christchurch Ski Centre along Matchams Lane perhaps you could ask in there.
ski holidays
ed123 wrote:
the ideal mount for tele skis can only be divined after a pilgrimage to the sacred Mt Kailash- and then only if clothed head to foot in home kitted llama wool.

A true telemarker would first buy a baby llama...
latest report
spyderjon wrote:
FlyingStantoni wrote:
......BoF over CRS seems to work better for me.....

Alpine position eh. Best take a lesson wink

I am, of course, now going to have to check that assertion with my alpine skis!
snow report
Boredsurfing, I work there! so a customer thought exactly the same thing! lol
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
dansmith, I was going to suggest Filarinski's in Havant Toofy Grin wink
snow conditions
dansmith, Do you mean the paper mounting template? If so, I don't know about Telemark bindings, but for other Rottafella stuff, the mounting instructions and paper template have always been in the box the bindings came in.

Failing that, there are some on the Rottafella website:

http://www.rottefella.no/english/start_telemark.htm

Two UK suppliers listed there too.

If I have completely missed the point, and that isn't what you want, and they don't reply to emails, maybe you could phone them? Emails from unknown senders sometimes fall victim to spam filters.
snow report
Boredsurfing wrote:
dansmith, I was going to suggest Filarinski's in Havant Toofy Grin wink
Naa he is just as useless as me when it comes to telemark stuff!
snow conditions
nordicfan, thanks for the help bud! I've managed to locate a template for the correct binding which makes life a little easier through a friend of a friend! its not what you know its who ya know eh?

After this though....I'm never setting up a pair or realisable telemark bindings again! It may not be rocket science but its a good 4 cuppa's
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy