Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BEST INSURANCE POLICIES

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
BEST INSURANCE POLICIES

Who do you recommend

a) On piste only
b) Off piste cover too
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi

I use Direct Travel Insurance mainly for the off piste cover of anywhere within the resort boundaries and good prices.

Never had to use it,which is good.

Thanks

Johnmac
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ive used gotravel insurance for the last few years, always a good price and is a high level of cover when you look at the £ you are covered up to etc.

http://www.gotravelinsurance.co.uk/
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
1969jma, Been covered many many many times on here before - some threads on the link below.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=travel+insurance+site%3Asnowheads.com&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Depends how long and how often you go.
BMC is my choice I want cover on and off piste and need flexability to come and go as I please so their multitrip works for me.

1/2 weeks a year a normal policy my be cheeper but may not be so good off piste (its a grey area for some companies).

check out www.moneymaxim.co.uk the guy who runs it posts on here as skimark he is very helpful and as a skier himself understands skiers needs. I think a few snowHead's have got insurance based on his advice

Others I know use the one reccomended by gav_in59, and ski on and off piste and are not the type to cut corners on insurance cover.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've used ski club in past, but don't offer longer enough trip cover this season for me. Gone for american express prestige http://www.americanexpress.com/uk/personal/insurance/travel/policytypes/AnnualPrestige.shtml cover, seems pretty good and the annual policy can cover trips up to 120days. Cover on an off piste, probably not as comprehensive off piste as the BMC but was half the cost for me. The BMC is priced okay for single / couple but I need family to cover my son, that sent the premium rocketing, I did phone for a chat about that but they rate kids, even toddlers, as same risk as adults and not much discount on family policy.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
RPF - Many thanks - at the request of a few I put together the different on/off piste rules of the companies we deal with, so that should mean a few less t&cs to pull apart - can't offer 'advice' as thats outside our authorisation status, but happy to come up with a list of companies that meet a criteria. List and phone numbers on the site @ https://www.moneymaxim.co.uk/articles/off-piste-ski-insurance.htm

True - I am a skier but a very unhappy one today as my trip to Zermatt on 26th is now in considerable doubt post BA news!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
johnmac1956 wrote:
I use Direct Travel Insurance mainly for the off piste cover of anywhere within the resort boundaries and good prices.
wink

Only real drawback is trip limit of 17 days (Premier) though it's worth asking.

John.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy