Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Atomic B80 Ski Boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey there, thinking of purchasing these boots, just wondering if there's anything I should know? My budget goes to £200 (maybe a little lower but I could stretch), so any other boot suggestions are welcomed!
Thanks.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ben3210, why are you thinking about these particular boots? I had the B90's which felt really nice in the shop, then found after very liitle use (one hour each on dry slope and fridge) that they are actually a wide fitting boot and felt like I was wearing wellies? Pity I didn't know about snowHead at the time of buying - I wouldn't have bought them just because they looked quite nice and matched my skis!

They're a decent enough boot (although a bit soft for my liking) - just make sure they fit PROPERLY!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jon.L, I'm mainly thinking about these boots because of the design and price. I'll be getting them fitted at a proper shop if I did decide to purchase them.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ben3210, the B tech boots form atomic ar a 104mm boot one of the widest shells on the market, it is only right for you if it is correct shape for your feet, ie. you have a very wide foot, the basic problme with all the lower price boots is that they tend to be higher volume wider fittings as boot manufacturers seem to beleive that all lower level skiers want wide boots

the best thing may be to either see if you can get a last seasons boot at a bit of a deal, or prehaps save a bit more cash and get a better level of boot which is the correct shape for your foot (now without seeing your foot it is impossible to say if this is correct or not)

BTW a proper shop would say the same thing, if they are too wide they are too wide, I just wouldn't sell them to you if they were

give a bit more information about your feet, your height, weight and your skiing and i may be able to help you a little further
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
CEM, the problem is that I'm trying to buy a new boot for a ski holiday in January and test it in the Chill Factor e before I go. I have previously purchased a boot which was not wide enough for my feet so I don't want to make the same mistake again. I think tommorrow I'll be going down to the local ski shop to have a look and possibly purchase the boot while I'm there. I also had a look at last seasons model too so it all depends on the ammount of money I recieve this xmas!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ben3210 wrote:
I have previously purchased a boot which was not wide enough for my feet so I don't want to make the same mistake again.

In all seriousness, could you tell us the full story of just how this came to happen?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ben3210, where are you based, if near chill then go and have a chat with Graham at rivington alpine, take the old boots with you and explain the problems,.... it is really easy to make a narrow boot wider, it may not be the boot that is too narrow, just something happening with the position of your foot in the boot.... take the liner out put your foot in the shell, toes touching the front how much room is there behind your heel.... find the centre front to back then lift the front of your foot by 2-3mm and pivot on the heel...how much space is there... give me this info and we can make an estimate if the shell is too narrow

why do people leave it late to do this Little Angel
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
comprex, well, the boot was purchased around 2 years ago (I'm 16 now) and it was a junior boot, they were fitted in the shop and fitted fine but when put to use on the mountain after approximantely 3 hours and I couldn't feel my feet they were that tight.

CEM, I couldn't use those boots again unfortunately, they were a junior boot and now I'm an adult boot size 9-10UK. Purchasing a new boot is pretty much the only option!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ben3210, ok, go see graham if you can get there, he had a few bits from last year and will aways try to help you out

good luck
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
CEM, ok thanks a lot Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy