Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where are all the Easyjet callers now ????

Poster: A snowHead
Probably trying to sort out Christmas flights..............................with Easyjet !
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Smokin Joe, very quiet aren't they.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Smokin Joe, What is an Easyjet Caller ?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Agenterre, to "call" someone is to be derisive about them, to call them names... Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Butterfly, you'll have to excuse him, he's getting on a bit you know wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Personally, I think they're fine. I fly with them often.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
at least they are not on strike
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Michelle wrote:

... well if you were unhappy we would have a problem !!

Congratulations on soon being AH-less by the way ! Toofy Grin

Re:Callers ... Thanks, sorry I can't speak Geordie ... and it is only my body that is old and decrepit ... I am yet to grow up.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Agenterre wrote:
Congratulations on soon being AH-less by the way ! Toofy Grin

Or is it just frying pan - fire?? You applying?? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Michelle wrote:

Agreed.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have often said on this forum that I've always found easyJet very good - I don't fly with them much these days as we always have to drive here, but all my friends and relations come on easyJet and there is very rarely any problem at all. They provide a good value service. It does make me cross when people make stupid snobby remarks about "easyJet Chavs" and I wouldn't be too sorry if the people who have made those kind of comments get their come uppance. Twisted Evil But for all the others - I am very sympathetic and hope they will still be able to have good holidays.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Michelle, But I see we will now both have the same boss - wonder how he'll cope with two jobs... rolling eyes
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Jerry, Shocked best of luck rolling eyes
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
And I didn't know what a "caller" was, either. I thought of "take your partners, dosydo".
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I like Easyjet - I've used them many times and think they provide a good value service. Madeye-Smiley
I wasn't too pleased when they recently confirmed they were cancelling all their services out of East Midlands, but at least they transferred my March Geneva booking to BMIBaby at no cost.
snow report
Michelle, No, I honestly think it's a good thing. I think the strategy will make EJ stronger, to have continued with a massive organic growth strategy would have 'over-stretched' EJ during the last 12 and next 12 months imho and limited your flexibility... there will be lots of opportunities to pick-up 'Fire-Sale' assets (incl routes) over the next 2 years, so why not do it opportunistically at a knock-down price? We all know where the opportunities may/will be.

If I'm approachedI'll tell you straight away so that you can get out while you can! They would have lost the plot! wink
ski holidays
Agenterre, Laughing Laughing Laughing No, I'd stay, but only 'cos I'd be able to take the winter weeks I wanted off Wink
snow report
Agenterre wrote:
If I'm approachedI'll tell you straight away so that you can get out while you can! They would have lost the plot! wink
But at least you could put the new "Barnsley - Geneva - Saltzburg" routes on Wink
ski holidays
Michelle, No! You're getting mine, not t'other way round. http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20091209-701662.html
Actually I didn't even know he was already on the board.
latest report
Or the Newcastle Turin/Grenoble all year round one.
ski holidays
Jerry, oh... shows how much I know.... rolling eyes
ski holidays
Michelle, Jerry, Helen Beaumont, Trouble is I'd say yes ... and that probably says enough.

I know 2 airline CEOs who have opened routes to airports close to their holiday homes though ! Come to think of it where does Stelios live ? wink
snow report
not near NCL or GVA wink
ski holidays
Michelle, Correct ! But very close to an EJ 'hub' !
ski holidays
Agenterre, we don't have a base there...
snow report
I have to say I was a bit surprised to hear that BA cabin crew are the best paid in the world and that they cost more than twice what Virgin etc pay. Shocked no wonder they are usually so grumpy Toofy Grin

All credit to them in securing such good pay and conditions but a little more flexability in tough times may be needed. Certianally a strike a Christmas is no way to win you friends.
snow conditions
Michelle, I know .. I called it a 'hub' wink Flights to Berlin,, Geneva, Basle, Both Paris airports, Ireland, & 7 or 8 UK destinations and Rome and Olbia next year (???) ... I hope he doesnt't move!
ski holidays
Agenterre, Laughing Laughing Laughing So, you're complaining wink ???
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
on hold to customer services? - at £1.50 per minute
snow conditions
Smokin Joe wrote:
Probably trying to sort out Christmas flights..............................with Easyjet !

Like the others, I wondered what on earth you meant by "callers", and asumed you must be talking about peolpe phoning them at first.

But taking what you actually menat, there have been very few of them. The airline which has come in for by far the most criticism on here is Ryanair.

And I have never understood the complaints against either of them really.
snow report
pam w,
Quote:

I didn't know what a "caller" was, either
Nor me.
snow conditions
Smokin Joe, divn't worry pet, ah knew wot ya meant.
snow report
kevindonkleywood, BA cabin crew are not the best paid in the World ... that privilege belongs to those working for some Middle Eastern airlines and most of those in the US, no surprise really I'm sure. Michelle, may be able to confirm but I think AF are probably the best 'paid' in Europe.
latest report
Agenterre, Like I say i was surprised but thats what our BBC radio 4 news was quoting, and they are usually fairly accurate and impartial, but I stand corrected.
snow conditions
Agenterre, I really don't know. What I do know is that the 'old school' BA live off a fortune for doing a few hours work a week (of which they pick the routes) and we get paid one heck of a lot more than Virgin...
latest report
Quote:

Quote:

I didn't know what a "caller" was, either

Nor me.

Nor me! My GF is a teacher so I normally find out about new slang quite early, but I've never heard of this one? I reckon the OP just made it up to see how far it spreads round the internet...
snow report
Michelle, No argument with your points . 'Old School' airlines have many legacy practices in their unionised environments, including 'bidding' systems for fleets and/ or routes. Some consider it fair ... as it enables the more experienced (mothers for example) to choose fleets that are European-based enabling them to have less disruptive home lives than long-haul fleet members. I would agree it is archaic.

The 'worst' (ie least flexible for the airlines) bidding systems are those in some US airlines.
snow conditions
THis is not new slang. IT has been around since Adam was a lad. Us notherners have been 'calling people names' for donkeys years.
snow report
Helen Beaumont wrote:
THis is not new slang. IT has been around since Adam was a lad. Us notherners have been 'calling people names' for donkeys years.

So has everybody else that I know of.

I hadn't heard just "caller" or "calling" before, only the full version.
snow report
Got to say, I new what he meant straight away too.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy