Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Comments on St Anton anyone?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Advanced skier looking at St Anton for two weeks over Easter, one of which will hopefully be skiing with Piste to Powder. Interested in comments on piste conditions and congestion at that time. Also any comments on Lech and Zurs? Also, is the infamous St Anton nightlife that rowdy? If I want a quiet time should I stay on the fringes of town? Puzzled Thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
G-Rock, the skiing is excellent, the off-piste is world class. I've never skied in high season so I can't comment on how busy it gets. I was in St Anton last year at the end of March, and the snow was good, although it could get a little slushy lower down. I skied in a t-shirt on a couple of days. Lech and Zurs are nice to visit for nice cruisy runs, and I'm told the off-piste there is really good but I've never experienced it myself. Piste to Powder are a very good professional outfit, I really enjoyed skiing with them last year.

The night-life in St Anton really is that rowdy, but I've not heard of people complaining about being kept up at night before. Nasserein is a good bet if you want a slightly quieter time.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
OUTSTANDING!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
G-Rock, St. Anton is GREAT, but can get a bit crowded in March. Lech and Zuers are a lot quieter, and in my opinion offer just as much off piste as St.Anton, although the piste skiing may be a bit less challenging. You definitely won't be doing anything wrong if you decide for either St.Anton or Lech/Zuers. If you want a really quiet time then stay in Stuben. That gives you direct access to the Albona which is best off piste area in Anton (in my opinion).
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've skiied in Lech and St Anton in early March and both were slushy on lower slopes, St. Anton much more so than Lech. Zurs seemed better, maybe it faced mostly north.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have skiied as late as 25th or so April and have skiied as late as 4:30 and not encountered slush except for last run down from bars. I have skiied slush in St A in Feb. We will see.

As far as off-piste is concerned .. In general the in the know locals in St Anton stay there after a big dump and the locals in Lech stay there. That should tell you something about the equality of off-piste.

The following day they go to Albona. So if you can't get up early on a great powder day you know what to do.

Piste to Powder group was on the back of the Valluga when I was there 3 weeks ago. If they talk about doing that ... do it!

Rowdy. Yes. Don't stay on the main road through town. Most of the B&B's will be OK though.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
G-Rock, As BOOthy says the main drag is busy until the early hours, but off the main pedestrian street was quiet when we were there.
Brooksie
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Stuben is extremely quiet, but I reckon Nasserein is a better bet. Quiet at night, but you can easily walk in to the centre of St Anton if you want to. Nasserein Bahn gives you excellent access to the slopes & there are a couple of quiet local bars in Nasserein if you do want a drink.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There used be a club in Nasserein too (but it's a few years ago since I was there) if that's your thang.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Tom Dooleys in Nasserein is quite a nice lively (but not too lively) pub.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
St Anton main street is busy and rowdy at night. When we went we stayed on that road but about five mins walk out of the main bar area. The Hotels Alpenhof and Rendlhof are a good bet. They are walking distance to the Nasserein lift (10 mins walk) or, as I said 5 mins into "town".
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks ya'll. Yes, I did like the look of Nasserein's location but no reasonable accomodation was coming up in the Tourist web page search engine. I've got a provisional booking at the Pension Pepi Eiter in Oberdorf. Seems quiet enough and close to lifts. Anyone stayed there? What's Oberdorf like?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
St. Anton is the best place in the world.

Great skiing
Great off piste
Great restaurants
Krazy Kangaruh
Mooserwirt
Funk Chicken (Frozen Margharias)

this place is different gravy.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy