Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help!!! Womens Gloves, I can't find any good ones

Poster: A snowHead
Evenin' all.

Well after a very frustrating day Christmas shopping I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

The dilemma is the wife needs some new gloves and so I'm gonna get her some for Chrimbo.
My theory on ski equipment has always been even though I can't really afford it, get good gear that lasts instead of buying twice.

I've been to Brighams at Castleford today and to be honest I was a bit disappointed and left empty handed.

The womens range mostly consisted of what I would describe 'fashion' ski wear as opposed to high performance well made stuff.

Last year I bought myself a pair of 75 quid Hestra Army series and they are superb. I pondered whether to get her those but they didn't have a size small enough and the shape is designed for a male.

So the question is can anyone recommend some high performance practical gloves that I can get her.

They need to be waterproof and warm like my hestras... I aint bothered about fur trim and bling!!!!!

Cheers

Dom
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.edgeandwax.co.uk/acatalog/Hestra_C-Zone_Powder_Glove_Black.html
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
what's wrong with 'unisex' gloves?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Because sometimes we like to be girly and not just wear black gloves

and so we all end up with black or white ones

the biggest problem for me is that girly ones tend to be small and so I can't get them anyway Puzzled
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mine are red Laughing

Reminds me of a comment made by the assistant a few yrs ago when I was buying some kit in resort (may well have been the gloves) along the lines of only the English try and get everything the same colour. And she was right. So now have yellow jacket, red gloves, dark boots etc. That's why the continentals look more stylish I guess. They don't try as hard Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I love my women's Hestra gloves they're a perfect fit and my hands are always warm and dry. Helen Beaumont,'s link looks good and a good price for decent gloves. Good luck.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
martinm, absolutely nothing wrong with unisex, its just that my wife has quite small hands and I fear that the unisex Hestra gloves may not fit her correctly - they're still quite bulky.

Helen Beaumont, thanks very much for that link, just what I was after - I'll probably use them, so many thanks!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dom74, guy who owns the shop is a SnowHead. I bought my helmet from there last year (after trying it on somewhere else), really fast delivery, ordered Saturday morning, and delivered Monday I seem to recall.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dom74, Mrs Radar, loves her Salomon kokoon womens gloves, she has them in black. leather nice and warm and practical
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
martinm, women often have longer and more slender fingers/hands than men, so unisex gloves are mostly too wide and leave us with that 'webbed fingers' look.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Dom74, S&R at Sheffield Ski Village had quite a range when I dropped by there last week.

queen bodecia, I generally find women's glove fingers too short too rolling eyes
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
How about here:

http://www.sports-outlet.co.uk/epages/es122229.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es122229/Categories/Gloves
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Cheers everyone, brilliant response and why I love this website.

Thanks to Helen, I'm going with the Hestras on edge and wax - hope she likes 'em!!!

Thanks again.

Dom
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Butterfly, yes, I have that problem too and I currently have mittens. However, they are cumbersome and often far too hot.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Butterfly wrote:
Dom74, S&R at Sheffield Ski Village had quite a range when I dropped by there last week.

queen bodecia, I generally find women's glove fingers too short too rolling eyes

Me too, although I have (had unless I relocate the misplaced one in my house!) a pair of Reusch ones from TK Maxx that fit properly. I don't own many gloves that fit my fingers and the webbed effect is really uncomfortable!
ski holidays
browse through the kids section, they are warm and go up to about size 7.5, big enough for most women.
latest report
hi i dunno if youve found any yet but try. mandmdirect.com. they got phoenix goves for women for about 8 uid and i paid 25 in blacks for my girl friends.

hope this helps
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy