Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Next wkend (19/12) - La Rosiere or La Plagne?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Off to Bourg next weekend (arriving Friday morning), and wondering which resort to head to. I think Val D'Isere has a women's World Cup race on (and loads of uni trips), so at the moment we're leaning towards La Rosiere (quieter?) or La Plagne (better snow?).

Has anybody got any thoughts on current snow conditions (the Les Arcs thread seems worryingly downbeat...), or recommendations for/against either?

Ta!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ChrisWo,
Quote:

(arriving Friday ),

Yep me too. I am going to La Plagne Montalbert snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ChrisWo, not really downbeat, just telling it as it is. No frills.

Check out todays a little better news. If other places were more honest I think it is much the same all over. I am visiting other resorts in the next few days so may well post abouth them as well. Then people can compare.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowcrazy, wink Sorry - that wasn't a dig at you, I appreciate the reports (and last season, when we ended up in Les Arcs). I was just annoyed that the pictures on the Tignes thread looked so damn good, and I'd already mentally ruled it out Evil or Very Mad Anyway, keep up the good work and if you do get to any other pleaces then let us know what they're *really* like Very Happy

Boredsurfing, cool, I'll try to remember to post here if we do end up in La Plagne...keep an eye out for a guy and a girl mooching around in worryingly similar looking green jackets snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Right, have pulled the trigger on La Ros...mainly because it works out a fair bit cheaper (*how* can La Plagne justify charging more for a 3 day lift pass than Espace Killy?). Only read snowcrazy's snow report from La Ros afterwards, but it's all good...just sounds like I'll be needing my carvers Cool
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ChrisWo wrote:
Right, have pulled the trigger on La Ros...mainly because it works out a fair bit cheaper (*how* can La Plagne justify charging more for a 3 day lift pass than Espace Killy?).

Paradiski does have quite a lot more KM of piste c.f. Espace Killy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
bertie bassett, true, but I was talking about just the La Plagne pass! It's outrageously expensive...presumably to encourage more people to buy a Paradiski one. rolling eyes
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

If other places were more honest I think it is much the same all over

I'm sure that's right. This area has all had much the same weather (and the resorts are not far from each other, as the crow flies). Of course Tignes is better because they didn't have such a horrendous thaw as lower places - and far less of the rain which washed lot of snow off up to about 2400m.

But it's very, very, cold so resorts can make snow and here, at any rate, they're doing a great job of getting as much as possible open for Saturday. But pistes with no artificial are either very thin (between 1600 - 2000m which is what we are here) or practically bare at lower levels. We skied some of the snowiest pistes (ie the slopes that have the best aspect and hold their snow well) here yesterday and they weren't fantastic. One concern I have for next week is that everyone from lower resorts will be invading our space because there'll be nothing much down there. Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
la rosiere is a reasonable enough base to ski la Thuile for 3 days, a weekend skiing in Italy should be great.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ChrisWo, you should be staying here mate - Primrose Hill is going to be epic tomorrow
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy