Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Sunday BBC2 - Starting now............

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
For those who missed it like me its on the BBCi Player. http://bbc.co.uk/i/pfvg7/
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
crazy_skier_jules wrote:
Because unless the need for decent ski race coverage is shown, and if everyone just turns off, the BBC will assume no-one wants decent ski coverage, won't bother spending money on it, and it'll get canned.
But, no matter how much we don't like it, skiing is a minority sport and seen as a posh kn0b rich kids occupation, or just confusing and scary, by those who don't do it.

It was actually Ski Sunday which was at least partly responsible for me starting to ski.

I was watching it (as usual) one weekend, when my wife suggested that if I enjoyed watching, perhaps I'd like to try it, if I wanted a ski trip for my Christmas/birthday present.

The rest is history. snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think they could make a far better show of it by incorporating a bit of "look at what the racers are doing" in slo mo. Some of the moves Ligety and Walchhofer pulled were very athletic (if not pretty) and there would have been a lot for the watcher to understand if they'd taken the time to explain them like the pundits do during/after a football match. So a bit too much crap build up with Graeme Bell looking like an irritating stalker and not enough knowledge of the subject matter demonstrated.

Roll on the Winter Olympics with Claire Balding's irritating chummy patter on snowboarders' baggy trews and a complete lack of technical appreciation for what is going own while half the BBC present an extended travelogue from their 5 star hotels in Vancouver and Whistler rolling eyes
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
fatbob wrote:
while half the BBC present an extended travelogue from their 5 star hotels in Vancouver and Whistler rolling eyes

Fair do's, crazy_skier_jules has to get a trip to the snow somehow! wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
alex_heney wrote:
It was actually Ski Sunday which was at least partly responsible for me starting to ski.

Ditto. It looked cool and the school trip was on offer.....I got completely hooked.

Ski Sunday used to be a fantastic programme way back when. After the 'sabbatical', the split format (SS/HA) worked but now they're just trying to cram everything into too short a programme. Either they split it again or make it at least an hour long....and making use of the super slo-mo to show what the racers are doing, as fatbob suggests, is a great idea.

Bring back David Vine, I say. Oh, hang on a minute.....
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
bar shaker,
Quote:

I am sure I saw a programme about the prep work that goes into a downhill or GS piste. They sprayed masses of water on it the day before so it was all ice

I'd heard or read somewhere that they use some kind of adhesive Puzzled to help keep the snow base together - or did I make that up Confused
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
halfhand wrote:
bar shaker,
Quote:

I am sure I saw a programme about the prep work that goes into a downhill or GS piste. They sprayed masses of water on it the day before so it was all ice

I'd heard or read somewhere that they use some kind of adhesive Puzzled to help keep the snow base together - or did I make that up Confused

They use spit...... have you ever licked a metal pole when it was cold? Sticks like superglue
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy