Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne

Poster: A snowHead
andyrew, we were in Les Coches last week (coldest was -16c) , pistes were fine (firm snow and the occasional icy bit where scrapped) , use the Stade Buffett to get home at night , normally says closed for competition(ignore) always in great nick and probably one of the best runs in Les coches. Depending on where your are staying , if it is Finlays , it is a traverse over an ice field to get to Plain Bois , they really could do with new snow , but we still had a great week and in Les Coches and surrounding area with loads of 'off piste' (tracked out) and can choose Les Arcs or La Plagne for the day , we often skied both in the same day. Have a great week
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
andyrew, oh it looks fine, I just thought as it's not snowed for so long they must be in need of a freshen to cover the icy bits - and lets face it a bit of fresh off-piste powder can't be beaten!

Overall though it's looking great on the webcams. Can't wait!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

oh it looks fine, I just thought as it's not snowed for so long they must be in need of a freshen to cover the icy bits - and lets face it a bit of fresh off-piste powder can't be beaten!

Too true!

I think we'll have to be content with softened spring snow - still, plenty of that on offer Very Happy

Thanks for the route tip Scot_Ski, I'm in the Maeva at the right hand side I think (Hameau de Sauget).

It's looking not too bad for the week now, not exactly a sparkling anticyclone, but lachainemeteo seem to be downgrading the bad weather forecasts all the time:
http://montagne.lachainemeteo.com/meteo/la-plagne---montalbert/alpes-du-nord/prevision_meteo_la-plagne---montalbert_alpes-du-nord_station_146_0.php
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
andyrew, I think we'll be fine - have a great time!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Scot_Ski, We're off to Les Coches 27th, stopping in the same place as andyrew,
Its suggested to be up by the ice rink.

Do you know if its easy to walk down to the main centre, or easier to catch the free bus Puzzled
Roughly how long would it take to walk?

Is there any free WiFi in pubs or restaurants?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Looks like from web cams that its been warm and sunny for the last few days.
http://www.montchavin-lescoches.com/www-webcam-849-HIVER-UK.html
Snow has disappeared off roads and roofs.

How are the pistes lower down holding up Puzzled
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Llew wrote:
Looks like from web cams that its been warm and sunny for the last few days.
http://www.montchavin-lescoches.com/www-webcam-849-HIVER-UK.html
Snow has disappeared off roads and roofs.

How are the pistes lower down holding up Puzzled

Awful just awful
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mouth, what do you mean by
Quote:
Awful just awful
Puzzled

Is it disappearing or just slushy?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
They said the weather would be bad today, well they were wrong again. Yes it was windy up top so when we tried to get on the Bellecote gondola in La Plagne, we just arrived as they shut the glacier, but never mind we still found some good spring snow in other spots.

The places we found the best snow in La Plagne were from the top of Roche de Moi to Le Tounge area, out of the wind some places were very good. Then over into the Verdons Nord area and more good snow. Had lunch down in the forest above Mont Albert.

Tried to beat my old time back to the VE but failed. Will do it again next week. Must say that most pistes as we crossed over La Plagne and back today were in great condition considering all the wet weather and NO queues. There have also been many slides near or over some pistes but all seemed safe today.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowcrazy,
Quote:

Tried to beat my old time back to the VE

45 mins?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I was well out, I thought with the new lift it would be easy, but I blame those I was with, am going to do it on my own next time. Watch this space.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
snowcrazy, If you are still around immediately after Easter if so I'll join you snowHead
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Boredsurfing, you are very welcome and yes I will be until the very end I hope.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Fantastic conditons in La Plagne today. At least 30 cms of fresh power at Roche de Mio today and excellent conditions throughout La Plagne. I had intended a trip to Les Arcs to watch the football at luchtime but ended up playing in the powder around La Plagne. A few pints of Peroni in the spitting feathers in Plagne Bellecote at lunchtime whilst watching a 1-0 win over the Dingles has capped a perfect day
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
On the webcams La Plagne looked as though it was shut all day today! Had to leave on Sunday after masses of snow fell. Gutted is not the word.
ski holidays
I'm off to La Plagne 1800 on the 10th - is there anyone there at the moment who can provide an update of snow conditions on piste?

Many thanks. Phil
ski holidays
Simple, they are very good almost everywhere in the morning but slushy lower down in the afternoon. Does depend in the slope direction as to how fast they change during the day, even higher up. Hope that helps.
snow report
Good spring conditions in La Plagne over the weekend, skied the Ruggéri couloir on Bellecote on Saturday morning in variable snow, but the pistes too & from were in great nick (obviously a bit slushy of an afternoon). Short video of the day at
Ruggéri couloir from Simon Christy
http://vimeo.com/10874528.. enjoy..
ski holidays
http://www.intersport-paradiski.com/webcam/mega.jpg Cool snowHead
snow report
I'm sure this is a highly estimable resort, but why are there two threads with people posting identical things on them Puzzled
snow conditions
La Plagne/Paradis Lift Pass prices
http://www.la-plagne.com/en/winter-holidays/ski-area/lift-pass.html
Tariff guide here
http://www.la-plagne.com/images/stories/SAP/Guide_des_tarifs2010-2011.pdf
snow report
One of the best but lesser known pistes of La Plagne, Mont de la Guerre, is a superb piste but often closed and so is being 'improved' to enable it to be opened more often. The piste leads all the way down to Champagny and often has deep powder, Mogul fields and hard packed ice along it's length. Presumably the 'improvements' will allow the entire length to be pisted by machine and thus although open more often perhaps not as much fun.

The piste between Aime 2000 and Plagne 1800 is being improved with the old road crossing piste bridge being replaced with a new one.

Details from RG's excellent La Plagne users site here
http://www.perso-laplagne.fr/News.htm#30_09_10
snow report
Boredsurfing,
I was out in Champagny last weekend and they were working on the bottom end of the Mont de la Guerre piste that leads into Champagny village. That part is normally quite tricky, either due to ice, difficult moguls or lack of snow as it is around 1250 metres and South facing.
From what I could see of they were widening the piste and I would assume levelling out the rocks and bumps. It looked like they were also installing snow cannons but I couldn't see how far up the mountain they were going with them.

When we were out in August I noticed they were carrying out work on the hari kari piste down to Verdons Sud, I think it has some pictures on RG's user site. I also read somewhere (can't remember where) that they intend to replace the Verdons Sud chairlift in 2011 with a new faster 6 seater.

I saw plans for a new leisure area by the outdoor swimming pool, I will add the details to the Champagny thread when I have more time.
latest report
skichampcouk, There is a whole thread on RG's forum about the Verdons Sud replacement! His forum is mainly in French (there is an English section) but Google translate will attempt to turn it into Franglais if needed Toofy Grin
ski holidays
News of the creation of the new piste du Dérochoir in La Plagne, once again in Romains website
http://www.perso-laplagne.fr/Actualites.htm#06_10_10
snow conditions
This thread now continues on this thread
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1602985#1602985
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy