Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Oberaudorf..... any one been?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are driving to soll in Jan and plan to stay just outside soll on the Friday afternoon/night so we can get to soll on the Saturday morning. Looking on the map for a suitable place to stop and get a B & B I noticed Oberaudorf, and on google-ing it i have noticed they have a ski area just at the edge of the town. This area also does night skiing, so we might be able to get a pre ski trip ski session in !
any one been here? is the skiing ok? any B & B and restaurant recommendations for the area?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've never skied Oberaudorf but you can see the lifts from the Inntal autobahn. It's a small area. The floodlit skiing (longest floodlit piste in Germany) is on Tuesdays and Thursday-Friday-Saturdays (1830-2100, €12.90), so you could ski if you wanted to. Let us know how you find it!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
daveqpr, I live just up the road from there, but like Espri, have not skied it yet. I go to Sudelfeld more often which is higher and snow surer. I've planned to do the flood-lit skiing a couple of times then it rained! I've used the toboggan run a few times though in summer!

B&B in the area is good and relatively cheap. Other towns in the area with cheap accommodation are Brannenberg and Nußdorf, but neither have flood-lit ski slopes!

You would need to be on the road by 7:30 to beat the locals if it is a weekend though. The road up to Söll gets pretty busy from the Kufstein-Süd exit. If you pay for the 10 day vignette (€7.90) you can quickly drive on to Wörgl and take the fast road directly to Söll. Much quicker and easier to use. I've often saved as much as an hour driving time and slept a wee bit later in the mornings! wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy