Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which Mountain restaurant does the best Goulash soup?! Mmmm

Poster: A snowHead
Sitting this season out and second to the skiing the thing I'll miss most is Gulaschsuppe. I rate the soup at the Trittalm-Bergrestaurant up the hill in Zurs 10/10, huge portion, loads of meat and almost nudging a madras in spiciness, ideal when you are freezing your knackers off. Worst would be Cabane du-Ski club Tortin in Verbier, watery full of gristle more like Gulagsoup. Your best/worst? Smile
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Gsyfreerider, Will need to try that one. Think the Berghaus in Stuben or Hospiz Alm in St Christoph are my faves so far.
Worst was in Lindau (?) at train station on way to Friedrichshafen

I can make my own now and it's magic - secret ingredient is caraway seeds wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
boabski cool that you tried it at home. When I have it on holiday I always think it would go down a storm back home in a cafe or at a sports stadium in the winter
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I make the best goulash soup, after being disappointed in mountain restaurants decided to perfect the recipe and now have it either in flasks or back in the apartment at lunchtime!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
..........bottom of the blue in Radstadt - no competition.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
My nominations for the Gulaschsuppe Oscars:
Hot and spicy: Rachkuchl - Saalbach
Big and meaty: Alte Schmiede - Leogang, and also Breitfussalm - Hinterglemm
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Fogliettaz, please put the recipe in the snowHeads recipe thread (a sticky.) Thanks! Toofy Grin I leurve gulaschsuppe and I don't have a good recipe.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The Mooserwirt in Anton does v good goulash, plus it's a HUGE portion. Ace bread with it too.

Tatman's Tours - from Kenilworth and doing seasons in Saalbach eh? I'm form Leamington and will be working in Saalbach over Christmas, fancy showing me some of the offpiste roundabout?

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Sat 12-12-09 20:34; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hurtle, 500gr stewing beef, finely diced, 1 red pepper finely diced, 1 med onion finely diced, 1 can tomatoes whizzed up, 1-2 teaspoon paprika, 1 clove garlic, 1 desert spoon flour,

Brown the meat, add onion and pepper and sweat them down add paprika and flour to cook off add the tomatoes and approx 1-11/2 pints water and simmer for an hour or so or better still put in a slow cooker at breakfast, ready for lunch, season to taste, easy!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Fogliettaz, thank you. That's pretty much how I do it out of my head. Toofy Grin I've pasted it into the sticky thread.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hurtle, I should say that all quantities are ish. I fit looks and tastes right, it generally is>
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
This is a 'no brainer'. This is our kids favourite restaurant period, not just in the Dolomites. Madeye-Smiley
http://www.curona.it/curona_eng.htm
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mollerski wrote:
This is a 'no brainer'. This is our kids favourite restaurant period, not just in the Dolomites. Madeye-Smiley

I've skied past it and I will try it next time I'm in Val Gardena, looks quite cosy! Thanks for the heads up! Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Not a mountain restaurant but I had a really good Gulaschsuppe here, it was served as an evening main course for about €11, a huge bowl of large chunks of melt-in the mouth beef in a thick, chunky, spicy sauce with none of the grittiness you sometimes get, plenty of fresh-baked interesting seed breads to mop it up with too.

I notice it's not on the current menu, but I recommend the restaurant to anyone who happens to be passing through the Vorarlberg, the owner speaks excellent English and is a real foodie.

Sidney Reilly reckons people travel 25mins through the Arlberg tunnel from St Anton to eat here.

http://www.roesslebraz.at/index.htm

http://www.st-antonamarlberg.co.uk/eatingout.html
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Smokin Joe wrote:
..........bottom of the blue in Radstadt - no competition.
Agreed Very Happy
snow conditions
luigi wrote:
Mollerski wrote:

I've skied past it and I will try it next time I'm in Val Gardena, looks quite cosy! Thanks for the heads up! Very Happy

Tell Werner that you were recommended by Chris the English guy with lots of kids. Very Happy
snow conditions
Fogliettaz, made your recipe for dinner last night. Delicious!! What an unexpected surprise, Gulaschsuppe for tea in England!

Now the wait till we hit the snow on 3 Jan seems even longer....

Thanks for the great recipe, will be making it again before too long. Very Happy
latest report
Frosty the Snowman, that the one we went on the first day where you finished about 8 people's lunches? Wink
snow conditions
There is a very decent gulaschsuppe to be had in that big restaurant above the Asistz (is it?). That bit of zig-zaggy stuf when you turn right at the top of the Schonleiter on the way to Leogang from Saalbach. Nice area to play in too. Even I tried a little off-pisty stuff there.

snowHead
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, Charlatanefc, yep thats the fellah - Flangsax will know the name of the place.
ski holidays
A cheap and good quality Gulaschsuppe in the bar at Trockener Steg on the run down from the top of Cervinia into Zermatt, just before the roller coaster 'black' starts. You have to go up a small rope drag for 50m or so to get to it.

Best one is in the Curona, though, as Mollerski recommended.
ski holidays
Fantastic gulaschsuppe served up at the Straßalm, Alpendorf/St Johann i/Pongau. All the major ingredients are locally sourced from a co-operative of organic farmers. Big juicy chunks of excellent beef and a spicy soup. Big portions too, with a roll fills you up beautifully! Their veggie option of Käs'nockel (Käse Spätzle for Allgäuer/Germans) is also very very tasty and served in the pan it was cooked in with all the crispy bits of cheese to scrape off the frying pan base! Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy