Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

skiwelt

Poster: A snowHead
Bit of snow forecast for tomorrow hammerite, hope it improves for you.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Was snowing heavily for about an hour from 3-4pm on the tops, but was a bit damp at the bottom of every lift. Was still snowing whenwe came down so hope it's carried on for a while. Up until lunch it was really quite warm and quite a bit of slush about.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The snow on Thursday didn't amount to much, but the conditions yesterday were no worse than Thursday. It has snowed a couple if centimetres in the village, so it will have freshened things up a bit, according to a parascender who jumped from the Hartkaiser last night it was snowing heavily up there, so things should be fine for a couple of days at least.

It was all perfectly skiable anyway, just a little harder going! We've had a great week anyway. Hope anyone travelling out today also has a great time.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
anyone in the Skiwelt this week ? we're not out till Feb 6th but you know how it is........
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
mikeh, I go to Soll saturday, will report conditions when there, If I get the chance.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
mikeh, Rookiemark, I was in Westendorf yesterday and had a very good time and am skiing in Scheffau on Friday with Alex_Heney and Espri.

Yesterday it was cloudy but cold (-10 at the top of the Choralpe) with a good base (very hard but not icy) It is snowing lightly all day and dumped over night (I live 2 valleys away to the north). Off piste was a bit sparse and any significant new snow will raise the avalanche level for sure - it was at level 2 yesterday.

There seems to be a slow but steady supply of snow over the next few days one way or another.

Sue wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Samerberg Sue,Thanks for the update. We're going to Westendorf 1st. week in March. It's our first trip to Austria so we're watching this thread with interest. We usually head to the Haute Savoie(sp?) and it's a long time since we've stayed at 700mtrs.

Haven't finalised travel plans yet but think we'll drive out. We're going to stay with a family that sold up here in the N/West and bought a nice looking pension in Westendorf. Looking forward to checking out the Skiwelt Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy .
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Seems to have snowed overnight looking at the increase in snow depth on their website, webcams look fantastic at the moment - 6 weeks on Saturday and it can't come soon enough!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Samerberg Sue, Exellent news, thanks for the report.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for the update Samerberg Sue. We'll keep watching the web cams
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
mikeh, Rookiemark, I'm skiing in Scheffau and Söll on Friday so I'll post an update Friday evening! We have had a lot of new snow in the "Flatlands" here near Munich since Sunday so with luck a few flakes may have hung around and improved things wee bit in the Ski Welt.

GeorgeVII, Last year we had the best snowfalls in March - there are some photos in the Media Zone from Alex_Heney and Espri which show you how good it was. Don't worry about the 700m - Austria is a whole different ball game to the Haute Savoie.

wink
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
only one more day till we fly to austria ( soll) anyone know how the snow is in soll??
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
welshlady, reports say 85cm top 35cm bottom, we're off on saturday too, see you there Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Arriving in Soll wednesday night next week, will post report also if I can find a pc!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'm off to Scheffau today for a day's skiing - I'll post an update this evening. we are due more snow on Sunday according to all the forecasts but as to how much? Million dollar question!

It will probably be a big dump as I have to work on Monday through to Wednesday rolling eyes

I've arranged to go skiing St Johann im Pongau/Alepndorf tomorrow! So I'll report on there as well tomorrow evening.

Toofy Grin
snow report
As promised an update on Ski Welt. We started at Scheffau and moved around the whole area to the west and south of Scheffau (so no Ellmau, Going, etc!).

The three of us had a fabulous day - blue skies and continuous sun, reminiscent of early March but an icy wind and the temperatures in the shade soon removed any thoughts of spring skiing! It was -10°C at the top of the Brandstadl at 10:30 this morning, despite the sunshine!

All the runs were open as were most of the lifts. The resort was not too busy and we had a pleasant lunch at the Riggi sitting outside and trying to decide how far we could actually see. No real queues to speak of, except at the Osthang 4-man chair in the afternoon.

The pistes are in excellent shape with a good base. They are very compacted of course but with good edges and technique no-one should be too bothered. Tomorrow is forecast to be the same again. We managed to ski around to Brixen, then Hofgarten, Söll and back to Scheffau.

Great day out and well guided by Espri who seems to know the area like the back of his hand! I think Alex_Heney had a really good week skiing mostly with Espri and making good use of the Kitz Super Ski Pass. I missed the powder day in Kitzbühel Sad as I had to work Monday through to Wednesday but somehow I have to fund this expensive hobby Toofy Grin

Tomorrow I'm off to St Johann-Alpendorf in Salzburgerland where I'm skiing with Robboj. I'll do an update for the conditions there tomorrow evening.

We are scheduled to have more snow as of Saturday night (maybe) and Sunday, but how much is always a questioned answered best after the event! I just hope that it does not continue into Monday again as my commute into work last Monday was a bloody nightmare taking more than double the usual time due to people being silly rather than the roads themselves!

wink

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 15-01-10 19:54; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Samerberg Sue, Thanks for the report looking forward to getting there tomorrow and skiing sunday, If i can find a computer to use I'll report conditions on here when I get there.
ski holidays
In Scheffau right now. Upper slopes are quite nice, almost perfect. Lower slopes patchy. The whole place could do with another 50cm (via SMS)
snow report
Anyone out in the Skiwelt this week who could give us an update? wink
snow conditions
Heading out to Soll in 3 weeks can't wait any reports on how its looking over there
snow report
GeorgeVII, 1873Chris, I'm about 30 minutes north of the Ski Welt which is 2 ranges away. We've had a good 30+cms of new snow this week and it is snowing quite heavily outside right now. Probably a good 10cms here at 800m since I parked the car last night.

I may pop over to Scheffau/Söll tomorrow if it isn't snowing too hard - hate skiing in flat light these days! Nice to be able to be so picky about my ski days!

Toofy Grin
snow report
1873Chris, 4 weeks today for us, counting the hours!!! Very Happy
latest report
sharon1953, there's only hours left before I head out - 4 of them! Wink
snow report
slipper, Have fun Smile
latest report
Just back from soll. Top resort and 3 snowfalls this week. Yesterday we skiied ellmau and it was superb with snow falling most of the day. We just had 8 days of mostly good skiing with a few off days with icy slopes, but mainly they have been cosistently good. We covered all parts of the area and though we stayed in soll on some days we drove to the different resorts so we could do as much in each area without worrying about getting a link back. Also done night skiing and that was fantastic on freshly groomed slopes with about 13 km's of runs.
It's a long drive home , in fact we have just got off the ferry now and are on the m20, we skiied yesterday till 3pm. There is snow on the ground as far back as Brussels and some hefty snow showers in Germany today. We stopped in a mountain range near Stuttgart last night in a great little gastoff. There was about 10 cm overnight. A great holiday and a pity to be back

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Mon 1-02-10 17:47; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Skied the Ski Welt last Wednesday, had snowed the previuos day, everywhere was in good knick, as daveqpr says, it snowed again latter in the week so great conditions at the moment.
ski holidays
Skied in the SkiWelt last Friday, from Westendorf over to Söll and back. Conditions very good with only occasional icy spots, though it clouded over in the afternoon. I was surprised how quiet Söll was. Here's a photo, looking up at the Hohe Salve from near Rigi.

ski holidays
. After beautiful blue skies yesterday there was a good dump (about 10cm) overnight. Plenty of powder to be found if you were up first thing but it got tracked pretty quickly. The day has now opened up to blue skies again, and it isn't too busy. Slopes are quite cut up though and need a bashing. (via SMS)
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Snowing heavily today and the wind is up. Made the mistake of going to the top of Hohe Salve and could hardly see three metres around me. The Soll area is relatively sheltered and is therefore quite crowded. It will be an early day for me today. (via SMS)
ski holidays
Going out to Soll on Saturday - anyone skiing there next week ?
latest report
deerman wrote:
Going out to Soll on Saturday - anyone skiing there next week ?

Could do (except Tuesday). Been snowing heavily most of today.
ski holidays
I'm wondering how come the snow depth on the SkiWelt website was 160cms on the mountain yesterday, but 130cms today, where did the 30 cms go when it's been below freezing, did another resort nick it? Puzzled
snow report
Hows it looking out there i'm heading out on saturday and really cannot wait Very Happy
latest report
Snow softer today but plenty good. Should be new snow coming Friday-Saturday.
snow report
espri, the temperatures are looking worryingly warm though, just hope it cools down again, off on 27th so keeping fingers and everything else crossed - leave us some snow!!! wink
snow report
I'm all packed and ready to go in a couple of hours Very Happy

29 of us heading to Soll just hope the weather holds up for us snowHead
snow report
1873Chris, have fun
ski holidays
Forecasts seem to changed in a very positive way, dropping temperatures after Tuesday, in fact very cold - amazing how the forecast can change so much in 48 hours! And more snow on the way - one more sleep (well pretend sleep...taxi at 04:00 Madeye-Smiley ), all packed and very excited...oh the anticipation is killing me!!! Very Happy
snow conditions
Had an awesome week in Soll just back last night and the temperatures were amazingly high only time i wore my jacket was doing some night skiing Very Happy

They could be doing with a freeze now and some more snow was getting pretty slushy at the end of the week

Still for my first week skiing in europe it was amazing plus being there with 29 nutjobs made the night time pretty awesome aswell
snow conditions
Just got back today from a week in soll and the last 2 days of the week had a lot of snow, making for some good conditions on and off piste. When we left this morning it was still snowing and did't show any signs of letting up.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy