Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

stance related to cramps?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hello first time post here and i have a question about my stance related to cramping.
i have been riding for 3 ish years
i tried to search but could not find a solution to my specific problem.
i live in ohio and the season just started, i have had one day on the slopes so far and after working out all summer i thought my problem with my legs (mostly the inner thigh) cramping up would go away.
for the first few hours out i was good and fresh but after a hour or two of boarding my thighs were knotting up so bad i could barley stand ( even when not binded in)
after careful thought i figured the problem was my stance was to wide and i was trying to force my legs together wile riding.
so i moved my stance closer together one inch and my problem felt better but not perfect.
my stance now after the adjustment is +9 degrees in the front and -6 in the back.
i dont know how far apart the bindings are but i ride a burton love and the bindings are at the two recommended triangles
and i feel the cramps mostly when i stop with my heal edge pulling my toes up.
idono if im forcing my board to do too much and my technique is bad or what.
any input on my problem would be very appreciated.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You don't say if your riding is all mountain, back country or park but your front foot is squarer on the board than most people find comfortable.

Stand on a wooden floor, in your socks. The lines of the floor are the line your imaginary board is travelling along. Bend your knees and jump up, whilst looking over your lead shoulder and land in a boarding stance. The angle of your feet relative to the floor lines and the distance they are apart when you land is a pretty accurate guide for how your feet should be in your bindings.

Set your bindings up at how your feet have landed and see if this improves your leg stamina.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I would have said the same really, your stance seems too straight. Do what bar shaker said and see. You can also try +18 -15, or +15 -15, or my prefered +15 -9.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
general question, what other exercise do you do during the year?

I used to always suffer from cramp in my calves but since having a banana every single morning I no longer do, good old potasium
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
sorry i mostly ride all mountain and its never really in powder because of all the man made snow in ohio.
and i dont think potassium is my problem because i had 3 bananas before i went out riding
now that you bring it up i guess my stance is pretty square so the next time i head out im going to try Gainz pref of +15 -9
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
thepope08, Welcome to snowHead !

Agree with the others that a good stance is important but if you think your legs are too far apart why not bring them in even more? There aren't any rules cast in stone and its better to be comfortable. Then any work on your technique will be easier.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
forward lean and highback rotation will fix that.

either that or your twisting the upper part of your body too much, I bet the pain is worse in the rear leg.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
yes !! rear leg is usually the one with the worst cramps and its always when im using my heal edge
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
at 15 -9 highback rotation isnt going to help that much, you may have too much forward lean going on (the angle the highback leans forwards, try straightening it up a bit.
If its not all that then it's your shoulders. take your rear hand and turn the palm so it faces the direction your ass faces instead of facing the direction your going. Keep it facing the direction your ass is facing, over the rear of the board and go ride, dont swing it around like you're waving to every fcker on the lift. Fixed.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
well that sounds like great advice that i will be trying the next time i head out .
thanks for your help everyone
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy