Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Baggage reclaim at Geneva

Poster: A snowHead
It's been a number or years (around 14) since I've gone skiing via Geneva airport. IIRC, the skis were wheeled into the baggage reclaim hall on a trolley rather than on the carousel with the normal luggage.

Is this still the case and, if so, any hints on where the skis will appear?

(Flying Easyjet, if that has any bearing on the answers.)

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jtr, don't worry, they're pretty fast at Geneva. You'll see where the skis are likely to appear by the big group of people standing round faffing and fretting. Usually towards the middle of the back (as you look in from the outside world).

Ah - I just realised I only know the regular terminal. If you're charter, I haven't a clue.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The skis come into baggage reclaim on a seperate carousel and then get loaded on a large trolley. You wont miss it. As you enter baggage control from passport control its on your left. Sure there will be loads of others waiting to pick up skis, boards and prams.
Hope that helps. I'll be there in 9 days picking up my skis on the way to chamonix. Little Angel
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
jtr, they will appear on a trolley, with no indication of which plane their from. The trolley will be dumped randomly, with no relationship to the relevant carousel.

It's the same whatever airline you use.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the replies. Sounds like not much has changed.

5 days to go Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
pam w,
Quote:

they're pretty fast at Geneva
Not last time I was there. You'd have thought they'd never heard of skis in Switzerland. Sad Sad
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hurtle, You've obviously had bad experiences there - I meet people all the time and they whizz out in no time. But that's very rarely on a busy Saturday and NEVER in the charter terminal. I wouldn't have a clue how to even find the charter terminal.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pam w, it was indeed a busy Saturday.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w, in my experience, the charter terminal is quicker for baggage than the main terminal. The carousels are fed directly from the tarmac. The main terminal has been never been been dramatically bad for cases for me, but I did once get very twitchy over skis. No-one seems to know what's going on.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
They sometimes seem to lose a luggague trolley on the tarmac for a while, happened to me twice now..
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
i didn't even know there was a charter terminal!! Where is it?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Easyjet to Geneva. Having last arrived Geneva mid november - Passport Control on entry has been moved back nearer the gates used by EasyJet (usually B gates). As you enter baggage Hall go right and ski belt/Trolleys will be on your right half way down baggage Hall (as noted on previous post - at back of Hall as you look from "the outside world"). Not sure EasyJet go to charter terminal and I havnt been to charter terminal for years.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

Not sure EasyJet go to charter terminal

no they don't - it's for charters!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Geneva has to be one of the worst airports for baggage reclaim. They are very slooooow!

The charter terminal was pretty fast, the two times I used it! But think that the main termimal is bad. It could have been just busy Saturdays though.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
As others say - follow everyone else - haven't found Geneva that fast in the past considering how much practice they must have!

By the way as I seem to remember you can use a 2p coin in the trolleys if you haven't the appropriate change!
snow report
jtr, As others have said you need to go to the ski belt, don't do what we did and stand there like lemons waiting for the ski's to come out, there were a couple of ski bags on the belt and we just stood there fro ages and no further ski's came out, there is a sensor on the belt, move any bags out of the way and hey more ski's appear Smile took us about 15 minutes to work that out Embarassed
latest report
On the right at the back by the toilets - one of the easiest oversize bag pickups in the world. Usuall have to lift the stuff off yourself though to keep the belt working.
snow conditions
Dr George wrote:
As others say - follow everyone else - haven't found Geneva that fast in the past considering how much practice they must have!

By the way as I seem to remember you can use a 2p coin in the trolleys if you haven't the appropriate change!

And if you haven't got a 2p coin, then 2 swiss francs does the trick also, but its a bit more expensive if you can't find a place to drop the trolley off and just have to leave it.
snow report
Thanks again for the detailed info. We'll be going mid-week, so hopefully, it won't be too busy.

The Geneva Saturday mayhem in peak season that I experienced up to the mid 1990s encouraged me to try the alternatives and I think they have all been better with the exception of the Lyons charter terminal which I think may have been used as the prototype for Guantanamo Bay Shocked
snow conditions
Quote:

don't worry, they're pretty fast at Geneva.

My experience on loads of trips there, summer and winter, has been in accordance with the above. We're usually pulling away in the hire car (with bags!) within an hour of touchdown, with 40 mins being the record. However.....on a very quiet midweek morning last week our skis took a Stansted-like 40 mins (after landing) to arrive, which felt like an eternity.

We're back for more on Boxing Day Shocked. Flight lands at about 21.00 - so we're hoping that the worst will be over by then......
latest report
My trip in January this year was via Geneva airport (charter terminal). It took over 1.5 hours before any baggage from our flight turned up (and there were no seat in the terminal at all). And for the return leg of the trip, we waited 4 hours on the plane before taking off (yes, we were sitting on the cramped seat on the plane for 6 hours just to get from Geneva to London).

That's why I'm certainly worry about my up-coming trip via Geneva again.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy