Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

free indoor ski-ing from SCGB

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
queen bodecia, I'll probably be there till 8 at least looking round the other stuff there, probably wearing a bright red soft shell fleece jacket so fairly easy to spot!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
nbt, Good write up. I was there as well and thought it was a great night. Was on the 6-7pm session but also managed to book 2 hours from 4-6 for only £25 for 2 of us.
Chill Factore are doing a 2 for 1 Tuesday deal in Jan and Feb. It was pretty busy on the slopes until about 5.30 when it quietened down. Only downside was I tried out some K2 xplorers and now want to buy them, so the free night might end up costing me about 500 quid. Confused
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We're Tamworth 6-7, I might just take my Dynastar Exclusiv skis, I fell in love with them on a ski demo day and kept them all day before buying my own. I'm taking both kids, big kid will be obvious in a sparkling new white race helmet and a green jacket, whizzing round at speed. We booked the last learner lesson at 7-8 for my youngest son's friend who is getting very nervous about the whole idea.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jane L, We're there tomorrow two. 8pm on slope I think.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Booked in 7-8. Can't miss me - 6'4", blue Lange WC boots.
..and my wife's only 5'0"!! Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just kitted the friend up - he was going to ski in jogging trousers but I've pursuaded him that he would not look at all cool and he's agreed to borrow ski trousers.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm there tomorrow. Aiming to arrive 7 ish since I'm not at work and on slope 8 'til 9. Tallish gal with long reddish hair.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
queen bodecia, I think I remember from the Summer get together. See you later.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sorry didn't spot you queen bodecia, unless it was you sat in the window watching from the bar near where I ate my tea around 7:30. Me just back from some fun skiing on a fairly quiet Tamworth slope and a very nice free evening meal!
Spent my hour skiing on a couple of pairs of demo skis Ellis B thought would be ideal for me based on my experience, did the Tamworth learn in a day in Nov, have been skiing once a week for an hour or two since most weeks. One was a pair of K2 crossfires, described as a good relaxed intermediate ski for on piste and a little bit of easy off by the EB chap, the others Salomon X-Wing Tornados. Might well be missing something but didn't like either of them as much as my charity shop Atomic Betacarvs, both the loaners were OK but neither seemed as accurate or responsive in turns as my pair. Is that what you folks would expect or was I doing something daft and making the loan pairs under perform or did I get lucky and bag some really good skis in the charity shop for next to nothing that outperform new £500 ish skis? Handling wise if the demo skis were the ford focus hire car I had from work today my Betacarvs are like my Alfa Romeo every day car.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
davkt, that probably was me sat in the window around 7.30! My 'slope spot' didn't start until 8!

I can't believe a set of old charity shop skis can be better than this year's demo skis personally, although I've never found Salomon skis much to my liking. You must be a strange skier, lol! Laughing Laughing
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
queen bodecia, Good to see you last night. Very Happy

An excellent event by Land Rover (and I guess the Ski Club) with everything thought out to the last detail - they even gave out 20p's for the locker!

From a marketing perspective, where I can't help thinking that Land Rover missed a trick. It would have been nice to have more opportunity to get 'hands on' with their products. I had a walk around the stuff parked in the car park but the driving section was very slow, it was raining so there were no staff hanging out by the display cars. I wonder how many vehicles they will sell off the back of it.

With hindsight I reckon they would have been better off running the same event in the Summer. Same audience, Lighter nights, better weather (?) more opportunity to get people into their cars.

Tell you what, I had no idea that you could spend £50k on a 'Landy' ! Shocked
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
You too david@mediacopy Very Happy

I agree about the Land Rover stuff. I only had a cursory glance about out there, the weather was vile and too dark to see much. Not that I'd ever have £50k or even £20k to spend on a Landy.

They clearly hadn't spared any expense last night. Free food, free drinks, free ski, locker money. Shame an hour went so quickly, there were lots of demo skis to try and I only tried two. I think my friend Steve was gutted he didn't get to try any more.

Love free nights out. What a great idea! Laughing
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:
Love free nights out. What a great idea! Laughing

Absolutely ! More !
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yep, fantastic night wasn't it? Sorry I didn't say hi queen bodecia, me a bit of a shy sort! Skis, charity shop ones are in good condition, either very well looked after or hadly used, 6 or 7 years old from what I've managed to find on google. EB chap said they were a good carving ski in their day, me not skied enough to know what that means or the difference a piste cruiser to piste carver makes though!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy