Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Niseko, Japan - Season 09/10

Poster: A snowHead
Big 45cm dump last night, now up to 7.2 m of snowfall at village level in Hirafu this winter.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Another big dump over night!

Skiing the north face from the peak down into Jackson. Using a ski that was 139mm underfoot was necessary!!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just back from Rusutsu - half an hour from Niseko, waist deep turns the whole time off piste.
In all my years skiing I've never seen so much snow and the quality of it is excellent.
Back riding in Niseko tomorrow, its gonna be awesome!!
Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm getting really excited about my trip there next month now. So much so I nearly forgot I'm off to La Tania in the morning, yay!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
sparkzter wrote:
Just back from Rusutsu - half an hour from Niseko, waist deep turns the whole time off piste.
In all my years skiing I've never seen so much snow and the quality of it is excellent.
Back riding in Niseko tomorrow, its gonna be awesome!!
Very Happy

Great to read that Smile

Hokkaido is magical
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Taking measurements from Niseko Now, as of 16 January 2010 Hirafu is up to 8.3m of snowfall at village level so far this season.

The January snowfall is 3.9m and there's still another half to go Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We are all just back from Hokkaido.

After 10 days of non stop riding, .... i have never skied anything like that before!! truly unbelievable.
Big thanks has to go to Black Diamond Lodge, Anyone thinking of going out, these are the guys to go too, really good bunch of people.

Off to Val thorens this friday...... dont really know how it is going to compare...... might just have to come back to Japan very soon!

Also for anyone traveling with JAL ( if they survive) we had a big hype about our weight allowance, and were hearing horror stories about people be charge excess £600. This may have been a fluk, however, we checked out bags in at edinburgh and got them put through to our Tokyo flight and they didn't seem to care at all about the weight. It was the same for our sapporo flights and Return flights to the UK.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Great Smile

As of 23 January 2010, 9.16m at village level so far this season (taken from Niseko Now).

Lots of great snow accumulating by the sounds of things, but be careful out there.

Couple of people taken for a ride out of gate 5 yesterday.

From what I've heard, partial burial for one person.

Bruises, a few teeth knocked out, and a knackered knee from the three that got caught in the slide.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I was in Niseko with Matt,

What can I say! Everything you read/watch/hear about is true. The powder was amazing and dry, we had about 2 -2.5 metres of snow fall during our 10 days at the black diamond lodge.
There is some great terrain to rise in Niseko but I would also recommend taking day trips out to some of the smaller resorts where seriously you can lap freshies as no one else is riding back country.
The locals are all really friendly and will do anything to help, the food is great (if you eat Japanese) and if you are careful it isn't as expensive as people make out.

Staying at the Black diamond lodge was awesome for us, it gave us quick direct access to the mountain and is in Niseko village ( a much less busy area of Niseko, Hirafu being where all the shops, bars and eateries are) The lodge has a cool, relaxed vibe about it, you can get food there and the bar is great with some awesome staff around to look after you.
When we were there it was packed with europeans who were there for the powder goods, was great to see everyone staying there down for breakfast at 7.30 am to get out for first lifts!!

Big thanks to Clayton and the crew at the BDL.

Thanks to Mike Pow for the inspirational shots last year which really in the end made us book Japan (you should get a fee mate!!)

So people, get yourself out there, it is seriously worth the journey. Its one amazing country!

I'll be back in 2 years, the French alps is gonna be a struggle after riding waist - chest deep pow all week!!

Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
domo
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
sparkzter, Great Post! Can't wait to get out there, T - Minus 11 days 12 hours 14 minutes! Cool. Once the letjag / time trip is over can you post a few pics ? Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
scootsman1,
I'm not the best with the camera but some good shots from my mate who was with us here http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisarmada/sets/72157623269465778/with/4297993553/

Ps - I'm the snowboarder in blue

You are gonna love it out there.
Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Looks rubbish Wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
yeah, don't go folks, just give me your tickets, you'll all hate it out there! wink
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
sparkzter, Great Pics buddy! Razz
ski holidays
Hi all,

It's still snowing, the temps are a little warm at the moment but it's meant to get alot colder by the end of the week.

Conditions yesterday were a bit rubbish, but today has been much better i'll be off for a night ski to hunt out some powder later.

Great pics sparkzter! I remember seeing your green and blue suit around the mountain, you always seemed to be buried head 1st in the snow though wink
snow report
Elliot_Simcock,

Ha that will def have been me!! I was checking the snow depth. wink

Stick up some pics when you get chance.

Very Happy
latest report
A video from last week......I think the landing had enough snow.

latest report
Taking measurements from Niseko Now, as of 30 January 2010 Hirafu is up to 10m of snowfall at village level so far this season.

Remember all the hoo ha about Whistler getting 5m in November? Well you won't hear too much about Niseko getting over 5m in a month because quite frankly it happens most winters. The January snowfall is 5.6m with one day to go Wink
latest report
Those pics look awesome!! Clearly I need to get my sorry ass out there soon. Will reaslistically only be next season though.

You guys reckon January/February is the best time to go?
snow report
Definitely.
latest report
Thanks Mike Pow, Better get myself saving then!
snow report
Apologies for the crappy picture quality as they are screen shots off a movie, but you get the idea.

These were taken today.....Me skiing the powder & a friend doing the drop.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Sat 30-01-10 18:32; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
There are never crap powder pics, some are just better than others.
latest report
Ten days.

Ten slow days.

Ten slow, painful days.

Then I'll be there snowHead
snow report
30cm of fresh snow last night and today, they are predicting a while lot more over the next 2 days. It is really cold here at the moment so the snow is keeping in amazing condition!

I have my BASI level 3 (ISIA) technical coming up when the season ends, quite concerned because all have skied this season is bumps and powder, my piste skis have been used once!
snow conditions
LOL! Madeye-Smiley Elloit... "Don't you worry....... abou a 'ding"...every 'ittle ding gonna b all wight" Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley You will show them things that they only dream about! Shocked Shocked Shocked See you next week! snowHead
snow report
Snow is still fantastic due to the super cold weather that we have been having. There has been about 30cm of snow over the last 48hrs.

The word on the street is that we are due a dump of 40cm over night!

I'll try and get some more powder pictures up tomorrow.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Elliot_Simcock, how cold is "super cold"?
latest report
-39 with windchill at the top of the ace quad.
snow conditions
Shocked

Maybe I need a long sleeved T-shirt wink
snow conditions
it was only for a few days, back to -6 at the top of the ace quad today....

The peak has not been open for a few days now so I'm hoping it will be good tomorrow as long as the 90kph from yesterday winds haven't blown all the new snow away!
latest report
NIce one Elliot_Simcock,

Good luck with the Basi 3.

Speaking of cold I'm just back from a week in Val Thorens, air temp at 3200 metres was -26. Wind chill - 35!!

I've never been so cold, and no where near the same sort of pow we had in Japan.
latest report
12 cms last night and still snowing this morning!! Very Happy
ski holidays
around 30cm of new snow over night and it's still falling, i would describe conditions as pleasurable!

Very Happy
snow conditions
Today I officially entered "the White Room" and a fantastic room that is too. Very Happy Remind me to take a snorkel out with me tomorrow! Laughing
ski holidays
Taking measurements from Niseko Now, as of 12 February 2010 Hirafu is up to 12.1m of snowfall at village level so far this season.

And the February snowfall is already up to 1.7m
snow report
Phenomenal.
snow report
over the last 48hrs we have had around 40cm of new snow, and it's still falling as we speak!
snow report
right, that is it, I am heading out to Japan Very Happy ..... when does the season finish ?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy