Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski hire St Anton and the slide bar ?

Poster: A snowHead
Any recommendations for ski hire early January stopping in Nasserein?
The above bar has also been mentioned if anyone has any knowledge good or bad?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Pretty much all ski hire costs the same (ie a lot!) in Anton due to the 'Anton Mafia' Laughing However most places have good skis, form race to backcountry twins, so you'll be spoilt for choice. Jennewein are nice to the seasonnaires if that matters anything to you, and I believe their shop is right on the piste at the Nassereinbahn for easy end of day changovers...

I worked there last season, but never heard of the Slide Bar, admittedly I spent hardly any time in Nasserein though! Tom Dooley's is cool down that way though.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Maybe you mean the Hospiz Alm in St Christoph which has a slide down to the loos?

http://www.arlberghospiz.at/hotel-restaurant-arlberg-austria.en.htm Puzzled
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
That place is amazing, kids groups always love it!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Oooh the ribs! at the Hospiz Alms!

the slide rocks too

and the toboggan run
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
clarky999 wrote:

I loved it - guess that makes me a big kid! I think you go extra fast down the slide due to the weight of your ski boots!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
skidd1 wrote:
Any recommendations for ski hire early January stopping in Nasserein?
The above bar has also been mentioned if anyone has any knowledge good or bad?

Was in St Anton staying in Nasserein last year.

There are a couple of ski hire places right by the gondola station - as mentioned above, from memory the prices were virtually the same.

Don't remember a bar called Slide though.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
skidd1, as everyone says think you're thinking of the Hospiz Alm in St Christoph. Fantastic for lunch - best lasagne I've tasted and the rinds were awesome too. Enjoy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

Nadenoodlee
snowHead
Location: London- the posh SW bitOooh the ribs! at the Hospiz Alms!

the slide rocks too

and the toboggan run

And you must view the Wine List, it had my lips drooling last Christmas Day.....wines form around the world starting at 25 euros going up to a staggering 8,000!!!!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The Mooserwirt is also ace for lunch - when you look at the menu everything will seem really expensive, but in reality one meal is enough for two people (and I'm a hungry sort of guy who would normally laugh at the thought of sharing a meal!), and v good quality too.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

The Mooserwirt is also ace for lunch

Shocked
Here was I just thinking it did apres cheese
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I can recommend the Kasespatzl at the Mooserwirt.... Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The spare ribs are the best, but forget skiing afterwards. Gulashsuppe is a relatively cheap and still superbly filling/delicious/nutritous lunch thant you can ski after.

Boabski - it only does apres after 3pm, when they close the windows and dim the lights whilst playing 'the final countdown' - 'tis awesome lol
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks for the replies. I had heard the ski hire was pricey
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
skidd1 wrote:
Thanks for the replies. I had heard the ski hire was pricey

It was pricey.

One of our group ended up buying her own board from one of the shops in town - the board (inc bindings) only cost a handful of euros more than renting for the week.
ski holidays
magic_hat, one of ours was stung for near enough 200euro for 4 days at Alber Sports! She'd only been skiing for 1 week before hand
snow conditions
Another vote for the ribs in the Hospitz Alm. The slide down to the bog is ace too Wink
ski holidays
clarky999 wrote:

One of the most fun and most expensive afternoon lock-ins was had by my group in the Alm a couple of years ago, a late lunch descended into farce and as the vis was rubbish we stay and stayed and stayed. Trying to getting home via happy valley to refuel at the Moose was entertainment in itself.

Kids - definitely Laughing
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy