Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Toughest liftie job in skiing

Poster: A snowHead
Must be a re-run (and a shameless x post from TGR and poach of a old Warren Miller idea) but still entertaining - fixed grip chair and first timers.

http://youtube.com/v/2vWusfUiI5g&feature=player_embedded
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
fatbob, it is indeed a re-run, but I never tire of it. A classic. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Talking of shameless, it's watching some of the bigger people that had me smiling wryly, watching their awful attempts at 'helping' their (probably much more capable) smaller counterparts off the chair when they themselves should have spent another day or two in lessons on the nursery slope. Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Excellent - almost as funny as Kevin from the clssic 'On the Piste' Laughing
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
"...the crucial thing is to keep the disembarkation area clear for the next person."
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Grief, that's carnage - have never seen anything as bad as that before!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
This is the all-time winner
http://youtube.com/v/PJt36f4XCDM
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There was a classic in Soldeu a few years ago. Can't remember which chair it was but, the exit was too high, so people were struggling to stand up. People were falling from nearly every chair.

I wish I'd had a video camera with me, as it could've made a fortune from You've Been Framed.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
andyph, I didn't watch the one in the OP until you posted this, because (Seeing Hurtle's response) I thought that was the one fatbob had posted.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
andyph wrote:
That's the one - brilliant!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
andyph wrote:

Correcy!!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Maybe it's just me but i don't get what's so funny about watching beginners fall of chairlifts?

Now this however is funny http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2009/0106091vail1.html
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
frank4short, Thanks, you have made my day
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
frank4short, Niether do I... but it is!

adrian
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
frank4short, if I imagine that these really are beginners falling over, it's not funny really. But if I imagine it's a set-up (surely!?) then it kills me. Belongs at the top of the practical joke thread. Toofy Grin
snow report
Toughest job? looks like it's the guy in the yellow helmet is the third pic!
snow report
I've seen the 2nd one before. It's not until you tangle with one you realise just what unstoppable objects ski lifts are and how much weight can be in them. Anything from Poma & T bars to full blown 8 seater chairs seems able to do you a mischief. In fact at the risk of mentioning the H word, it's been mistakes on ski lifts (partic. chairs) rather than any other form of ski accident that make me see the wisdom in wearing one - I've taken more than a couple of really solid cracks on the nut from lifts that I've misjudged and think that wearing a H has probably saved me from some rather nasty bruises, possible knockouts and gashes.
ski holidays
Yep the WME (probably in the days when it was still Warren himself) is the classic but I've always suspected that the off ramp was specially iced for comic effect on that. the Mt Rose just illustrates the sheer number of problems a fixed grip chair gives and my amusement is in the lifties running around rather than the fallers after all we've all been there ( & in my case still am when on a snowboard wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy