Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Budget Skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
OK.

After looking at Ellis Brighams catalogue and laughing at the prices, I have seen one or two places selling skis at much more reasonable prices.
One place in particular seem to have very good deals. The main skis they sell are Elan and Rossignol. Are any of these OK or is it better to steer clear????

I know some may say they are rental skis, but I've always skid on rental skis at a pretty good standard with no problems.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Rossignol and Elan both make good and bad skis, and have/do made/make a lot of skis, so you're gonna have to say some models rather than just the manufacturers Laughing

Although IMO a genuinely budget model is likely to be a false economy, but would be very different from a good ski at a bargain price.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ski warehouse? Decent prices on low end or "old" model skis. I'm sure a lot of the stuff is fine & I once bought a couple of pairs of very decnet socks from them at less than half the price of EBs so can't complain they ar epoor value/
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
To be more specific:

Elan Mag 5 or 6

Dynastar Cruise X

Rossignol X fight 3

And yes fatbob, it is the warehouse. What a place!!!!
Their boots as well - Dalbello's - from what I've found out, they're really big in USA and Canada but because they're not that well known over here, they're cheap!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
shootingmike, I just got something sent from here www.sierrasnowboard.com and the fedex postage (2 days!) was only $39. Yes there will be import duty to pay of 3.7% and 15%, but they have k2 apache strykers at $199 (no bindings) which is really cheap for a good intermediate ski

http://www.sierrasnowboard.com/K2-Apache-Stryker-Skis.asp

and watea78's at $249 (which are an excellent ski)

http://www.sierrasnowboard.com/Fischer-Watea-78-Skis.asp

no association, just a happy customer
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy