Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Center of the ski to center of the boot question

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
I have changed my boots and gone down one size 25 to 24, My skis are Rossi B2 , the only the rear binding adjusts. Therefore the center of the boot is around 10mm forward of the center of the ski. The forward binding would be difficult to move as the new holes would be too close with a risk of pulling out.

Question will I notice this slightly forward position?

Cheers

NJL
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
njl1968 wrote:
Hi,
Question will I notice this slightly forward position?

Yes.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
OK , how much of a problem ?, Snow and Rock were not keen to move the binding.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ski them and find out. Many people ski better with the binding slightly forward of the manufacturer recommendation anyway.

From Jons Ski Tuning (http://www.jonsskituning.co.uk/content/view/33/48/):
Quote:
Use of the present standards for aligning the boots and bindings on skis by utilizing the manufacturer's mid-sole mounting points typically positions many skiers, and particularly women, too far back on their skis.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
njl1968, 10mm is not a small distance, are your new boots almost 20mm shorter than your old ones?

I take it they are -not- keen on drilling new holes for the heelpiece either?

'F'so, there's a chance you could get used to this in ~2-3 days skiing and even come to prefer the new position. Even if you hate it at that point, you haven't lost anything and can ask for a remount then, esp. one done with epoxy/steel wool fill of the old holes.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Do you mean 10mm forward of centre or 10mm forward of centre of boot mark which for an alpine ski will still be rear of centre so narc is right - ski them and see.

10mm in a full shell size is not that unusual after all mondo is length of foot in cm.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
fatbob,

Quote:
10mm in a full shell size is not that unusual

if the toe is not moved, and the midpoint is x mm forward, then the overall length change is 2x mm.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
10mm forward of actual centre of ski will probably feel like a pregnant hippocroccopig to ski. 10mm forward of the mark on the ski may not make too much difference?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
comprex wrote:
fatbob,

Quote:
10mm in a full shell size is not that unusual

if the toe is not moved, and the midpoint is x mm forward, then the overall length change is 2x mm.

Fair point - in my defence I'm concentrating on Spooks and lazily posting so agree 20mm in a shell size is big. I wasn't factually wrong in my statement but it wasn't really on point. wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
fatbob, I can see ~18mm if the old shell was a recreational shell from around 10 years ago, and the new one is more performance oriented.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi All,
Thanks for the replies, think consensus is to ski them and see.

Measured it accurately and its 7mm from the position marked on the ski, to the line on my new boots.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
njl1968, go ski them for 3-4 days and make sure the boot problems are sorted before you change anything else.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy