Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Theft of £40K's worth of Ski Jackets has tragic consquences...

Poster: A snowHead
Robbers ram-raid store and nick Jackets
Robbers use quad bikes to getaway with the loot
Robbers use main railway line to avoid CCTV / Passing Cop Car (as if!)
Robbers get hit by a train.
2x Robbers die..

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article6950084.ece
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
bertie bassett, hmm did you notice the comments below? One guy blames the security of the shop Shocked

I'm pleased that the train driver is ok though sad he went through such an ordeal.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Fly with the crows and you'll be shot with the crows.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
double post

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Wed 9-12-09 19:44; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dangerous things those quads. Crying or Very sad
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Candidates for the Darwin Awards?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Not sure its in any way 'tragic' if only more people who committed such crimes were hit by trains (or other similar objects) as they try to escape. Cant believe some of the comments to that article blaming security & the police etc...

If they hadnt gone and robed a shop, and then even more moronically decided to trespass on a railway, they would still be alive. Sounds rather simple to me.....
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I like a story with a happy ending.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Next thing they will commission a study and decide to ban quad bikes

or decide to spend £,£££'s on ad campaigns warning of the dangers of doing daft stuff.... Puzzled
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
This is my favourite ever comment on a Times article:

"people like u frederick think its easy to get a job but its cos people are coming here taking our jobs it is hard. the dole dont pay enough for my girlfriend and our 3 kids so how do you think people can survive? these bois were only doin what they could to put food on the table for their familys at xmas.

its difficult when youve got no money and your kids want the best toys like all their mates. doin without is not exceptible either, you try telling that to an 8 year old that wants to play call of duty on his ps3 cos all his mates have one.

its not greed its survival. but you people with jobs and money dont no this."

Somebody get that man out of the gene pool.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Or buy him a quad bike Toofy Grin
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Live teh life before you condemn it.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
arv wrote:
Or buy him a quad bike Toofy Grin

cause all his mates have one Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Lizzard, that could be a brilliant spoof. I'd have been proud of it anyway!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Surely even if you're a cock riding along a railway line on a quadbike, as soon as you see/hear a train you'd just get off the tracks while it went past?!

Frankly, it sounds like Darwin is carrying on with his good work to me. Shame for the train driver though.
ski holidays
Yep, why be there at 4am unless you're a)stupid, b)up to no good, c)both

Very sad for any one to go like that but they've only themselves to blame Mad
ski holidays
non of this would have happened if they had used snowchains and worn a helmet. Toofy Grin
latest report
Quote:

if you're a cock riding along a railway line on a quadbike

Arhhh but quad bikes are very noisy especially going over sleepers and the train hit them from behind.....and they we’re almost certainly cocks

You see if they nicked ski helmets and put them on it would have been a different outcome.. EDIT Noooooooooooo someone got there first
snow report
kevindonkleywood, cfc5mu0, Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
bertie bassett, seems to be karma in action to me. A couple of scrotes break the law, then natural justice is applied.
latest report
laundryman, Lizzard, That has tp be spoof post.....

Not sure Nick Wever would really be reading the Times online. I fancy one of those PS3 thingys......
snow report
Lizzard wrote:
This is my favourite ever comment on a Times article:

"people like u frederick think its easy to get a job but its cos people are coming here taking our jobs it is hard. the dole dont pay enough for my girlfriend and our 3 kids so how do you think people can survive? these bois were only doin what they could to put food on the table for their familys at xmas.

its difficult when youve got no money and your kids want the best toys like all their mates. doin without is not exceptible either, you try telling that to an 8 year old that wants to play call of duty on his ps3 cos all his mates have one.

its not greed its survival. but you people with jobs and money dont no this."

Somebody get that man out of the gene pool.

Whether genuine or not, it's pretty representative of the feckless' attitude of blame. It REALLY winds me up.
latest report
Completely with you there, Chasseur.
snow conditions
anyway call of dutys an 18+
snow conditions
But....."The boys were just out having fun"
ski holidays
I don't think they did too bad!
They pulled off the robbery....just messed up slightly on the escape. Think 'The Italian Job' - umpteen times on that getaway when it could have all gone tits up, and they weren't exactly too clever driving the flippin' bus off the mountain at the end...but nobody suggested that they were Darwin candidates.
I think these guys were just a tad unlucky. The train was unscheduled, don't forget.

Anyway, spare a moment for the real victims here - I was looking forward to a couple of nice, cheap jackets Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
2 more thieving scum off the streets... Only a generation to go! Good riddence I say! Feel for the poor train driver who has to live with that thought for the rest of his life though! Personally, I'd buy him a medal and a pint!
snow report
mustdash, a generation? rolling eyes
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Na 'onest da didn't fall off da back od a Lorry mate, it were a Quad bike.
ski holidays
beequin wrote:
Live teh life before you condemn it.

I did - but I never had the urge to rob anyone

I went out and got a job

The entire experience left me in no doubt as to how the system is broken and geared towards keeping people dependant on the state with no concept of personal responsibility.
snow report
Boris, well done, I was hoping that somebody would reply in that vein. I couldn't, because I really haven't lived that life. Like to think, though, that I wouldn't ram-raid a shop even if I were very poor.
latest report
Hurtle wrote:
Boris, well done, I was hoping that somebody would reply in that vein. I couldn't, because I really haven't lived that life. Like to think, though, that I wouldn't ram-raid a shop even if I were very poor.

been majorly poor 20 odd years ago, not nice, every day was a red letter day and not in a nice way. wasn't quite at the point where i would steal, but having a young kid if it got to that point i may have. difficult to say.
but seemed to get lucky and evetually ended up with my own business for my sins.

that said i have no compasion for crooks (unless it's against HMRC Smile send poles and czechs, least they want to work.. the x factor chav lot are no good for anything
snow conditions
Boris, I am not convinced that you did and if you did and escaped then excellent. But, there will always be those who don't, sometimes can't - often by dint of their native intelligence (lack of) and the influences on them. The influences and background of these lads may be much worse then your own (their parents' reaction suggests this). Roath is not a part of Cardiff which is easy to live in. And there is an element of bias - perhaps a Pole knocking on doors for work will get it when a local lad won't.
So, I do find the tone of the condemnation here excessive, even celebratory in one or two posts - whether tongue in cheek or not I can not judge. Is that compassion for crooks - no, as I do not condone their actions but I can not bring myself to the same state of indignation as some.
latest report
beequin, I don't disagree with any of your last post. I - erroneously, it seems - thought that you were condoning their actions, or at least not condemning them. I agree that there are often mitigating factors, and also degrees of condemnation/indignation, some of which are unacceptably harsh. But then I'm a wishy-washy liberal... wink
snow conditions
beequin, sorry but that's just middle class, liberal left, clap trap.

My Nanna and Grandad were poor, very poor. Lived in a very rough area of Grimsby and didn't have two ha'pennies to rub together. Always worked when they could find it but always in very low paid jobs, no minimum wage or wage supplementary benefits then. They also weren't helped when Hitler flattened their home and every possession they had when they had four small children to bring up, no insurance then to cover that. What they did always have was a warm, welcoming house and food on the table. They also had impeccable manners and drummed into their children and grandchildren right from wrong. They had it tough but didn't complain out loud just got on with working hard (when possible) and doing their best for their family. I'm in no position to comment about hardship but know exactly what my Grandad would have said and on his behalf my heart goes out to the train driver, his family and the owners and workers at the business that they tried to ruin for their own selfish greed.
snow conditions
Grimsby Ranger,
Quote:

just middle class, liberal left, clap trap
Oh dear, QED! Embarassed
snow report
beequin, these people weren't stealing to put food on the table. No doubt nature and nurture placed them at a disadvantage to many others and in some sense "made" them do it, but every time we make excuses for such actions, others are "nurtured" to follow suit. I'm afraid I can't be too distressed that their DNA is out of the gene pool and that they won't be nurturing any others.
ski holidays
Roath is not a part of Cardiff which is easy to live in.
I could very easily live in one of those mansions overlooking Roath park lake. BTW the thieves/ram raiders/train spotters/line dancers, or whatever where from Rhumney.
My feeling was when they saw trespass on those jackets they nicked, their first thought was lets go and play on the railway.
ski holidays
Grimsby Ranger, I don't mind being described as middle class, liberal and leftish, but there are lots of us with worthy working class grandparents.
Crime is wrong. So is a failure to understand some of its origins.
latest report
arv, Unfortunately we now have the next up and coming generation of work shy and feckless coming through.....

beequin, Are you a politician by any chance? Its people like the two in the article that make the lives of people a misery. I've never heard of the area in Cardiff referred to, so cant pass comment, but living in a bad area / having a tough upbringing / whatever, is not an excuse! I work in a fairly rough and deprived area, and about 90% of the people I have to deal with are decent and hard working. Unfortunately its the minority that cause the issues - and its that same minority that that dont have any inclination to work, drink / smoke all their cash, then commit acquisitive crime to fund their plasma tellies etc..... People make their own choices on how to conduct their life - some choose the path of crime, others dont... Those that dont - live by the sword, die by the sword..... Your comment about a "Pole knocking on doors will get work when a local lad wont" seems a bit racist IMO... No better than the comments on the Times page concerning "they come here and take our work"..... These people should get off their backsides and attempt to get a job (admittedly harder in the current climate, but it hasn't always been so). The society we live in these days rewards the work-shy with all sorts of perks!

Grimsby Ranger, You've proved my point above - people make their choices and make do with what they can - they dont feel the need to deprive others for their own gain!

** RANT OVER **
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy