Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Trading in my old skis for a one ski quiver, Ideas please!

Poster: A snowHead
For the last couple of years I've been taking my X-wing tornados (for mostly piste days) and Volkl Karmas (for a bit of everything) on all my ski holls, but Im sick of lugging both pairs around, and quite frankly I just fancy a change. I've really enjoyed both sets of skiis, but fancy something new (they are both 3 seasons old now) that can handle everything I can throw at it.

In general, I ski 60% piste, 30% off piste, and Dabble in the park every now and again.

I therefore need something twin tip, at least 90mm underfoot, but that will be fine for my lazy piste skiing most of the time. I'm a decent level skier, and want to work on my off piste technique this season. 6'00 13 stone.

Tried some Salomon Lords last year, and quite liked them, but Salomon seem to get a pasting on the forums, particularly for durability! Anyone got some ideas for something suitable?

Thanks.

Jon
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
dont you know you're not allowed to talk about new gear on here.....some people get very jealous.........pssssssst...there's a set of last years mantras on ebay ending soon...looks like they might go for the £230 mark....i think they got ski of the year last year or runner up in fall line...i haven't skied it but they get very good reviews..........

okbye
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've been looking for exactly the same sort of thing, though maybe a little more off piste.

Of the mainstream brands, The Volkl Mantra does seem to be the pick of the crop, but there are plenty of smaller manufacturers that might have something suitable.

I love Volkl's and would be hard pushed to change to anything else.

But will be tracking this with interest.

Good luck.... Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Haha cheers, yeah, I'd heard about Mantras, and will have a good look at them now. I love my Karmas, but they are old and a bit battered now! Also thought about prophet 100s, but thought they may be a bit chunky for my predominant piste skiing....
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Check out Movement Source
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
If the Movement Source is the equivalent to their gladiator from previous seasons, go for that.

Noble Custom (www.noblecustom.co.uk) probably have some old season gladiators in stock for a good price!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Don't you know there is no such ski you desire. 30% off piste, 50% piste, 20% park. You need 3 pairs of skis. My advice get a nice indi ski rather than being a sheep and buying some generic ski made in China like lets say for example... The K2 Hellbent 189. Oh and also, make sure you ask every little question about what spf to use or which goggles to buy on here. Don't make the decision yourself.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Wed 9-12-09 16:52; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Liveezy, bawhahahahahahaha.....i knew you'd bite..........fool........

okbye
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
snowpatrol, bite what? I'm just sayin'
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've looked at the same sort of thing and are going for some Volkl Mantras, via TM Pyrennes. Given that I've just got married, I'm getting some new boots too - so I can get a couple of passes out each winter for some snow. Wink
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If i get married will i also get some new kit!? Im guessing they are a wedding gift. I'm not sure it would be worth it though.haha. Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Spikyhedgehog wrote:
If the Movement Source is the equivalent to their gladiator from previous seasons, go for that.

Noble Custom (www.noblecustom.co.uk) probably have some old season gladiators in stock for a good price!

that's my cue to pop up and offer some movement gladiators Smile Mine are 183, which isn't available from Noble's. PM me for more info
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Rax!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
So which is the 'official' Karma replacement from Volkl ?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Lords and Mantras aren't twintips so they're out. Have a list:

Line Prophet 90's or 100's (I found the 90's too stiff unless charging, but at your weight I doubt you'll have that problem)
Dynastar Sixth Sense Big (lame name, but it's the Big Trouble with new graphics) or Sixth Sense Distorter
Scott Punishers (IMO probably the truest allmountain ski out there)
k2 Obsetheds apparently ski suprisingly well o n piste, or Kung Fujas for more allround
ForeFront MEP (something like that anyway, can't remeber the exact name!)
Armada ARV
Rossignol S5 (I think that's their midfat twin, but I get mixed up with the names sometimes).
Pretty sure Atomic have a midfat twin too, but can't remember the name
ski holidays
4FRNT MSP
snow report
187cm High Society FR of which I just happen to have one pair left wink. Also WhiteDot Freeride One's or Preacher's which will be arriving in a few days.
snow report
clarky999 wrote:

Pretty sure Atomic have a midfat twin too, but can't remember the name

Snoop - I skied them for 3 days and liked them a lot. Very Happy
ski holidays
Rossi S5 would fit the bill nicely, it is also a very good ski.

If you could be tempted to go a little wider underfoot the Ross S6 is awesome, likewise the Whitedot Preacher looks like it has potential too..
snow conditions
 brian
brian
They look like someone's thrown up on them rolling eyes but ....

http://www.sport-conrad.com/index.asp?disp=artikel&art_nr=70001023
ski holidays
Scott Punishers
Line Prophet 90s
Liberty Hazmat
K2 Kung Fujas
Volkl Bridge
4frnt MSP - if you can stomach the cost

loads of choices, I've got the punishers and they are really good fun.
ski holidays
Sounds like the Preacher to me.
snow report
jonboy_21,

www.ripnwood.com FRC
snow conditions
zammo, for 60% piste? Don't think it would be ideal.
ski holidays
would the head monster 82 fit his needs? also ccan anyone tell me if they ridden these?

or the atomic crimsons?? would surely fit his profile? i've only read good things about these

Cheers Andy
latest report
Head Monsters aren't twins though...
snow report
Scott Crusade! Very Happy
ski holidays
Not twins...
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy