Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Beginners Lift Pass in Soll?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

I am organising a trip to Soll at the beginning of March and I have 3 beginners coming along. I don't really want them to have to fork out £170 for a Ski Welt lift pass that they will only use 10% of. I have looked at the points system but this doesn't seem to be anymore cost effective. Does anybody know a way that the beginners can get hold of a cheaper lift pass for their needs?

Thanks in anticipation.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sorry, I forgot to say that 2 of them are complete beginners and the 3rd has done a week's skiing.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wardster00, There really isn't one without getting one of the TO "beginners specials" (and I'm not 100% sure they have those in Soll).

You find most of the multi-village lift passes in Austria only have "local" passes for one or two days or less - 3 or more days and you have to buy the whole area pas. But the Ski Welt doesn't even have local options for 1-2 days. You always have to buy the whole area pass, or rather expensive points options.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
IIRC if there is snow down to the village level there are some free tow lifts near the base of the main gondola that beginners use. This would mean that if they are complete beginners they won't need to buy a lift pass for the full week. Unfortunately when we went in 2007 there wasn't any snow at village level so everyone had to take the gondola to the top.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You need a lift pass to use the t-bar on the nursery slope and the tow bars are for the kindergarten.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I sympathise with your plight but agree with the other contributors. I have long believed that regional passes are the result of "linked" villages making the most of their resources. Many areas such as Ski Welt, Amade and Arlberg offer few options for local passes because they know they have something of a captive audience. You could always try talking to your hotel owner and ask if they know of any alternative options.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have looked into this and it seems that the cheapest option for the beginners in the group will be to buy a 100 points lift pass for €32 and see how they get on and they can then purchase further passes if they need them. These points maybe used up pretty quickly if the snow isn't all the way down to the valley, as each trip on the gondola to the middlestation is 20 points. If the snow is down to the valley this pass could last all week as the beginners drag lifts only use up 5 points each time. I hope that this is of use to somebody else.

Only 10 weeks to go!!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy