Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Meribel 17 Jan - Wanted - Off Piste Buddies

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am in Meribel for a week from 17 Jan staying with a group of friends in a fab Meriski chalet.
I am happy to hurl myself down slopes my mates would not consider ...... so I would like to find some buddies to ski with for a few days.
I am 40 something - skiing a long time and have all my own avy gear. Would consider sharing cost of a guide, but would prefer to explore with a small group .... I know the piste area very well and some of the off piste routes .... I want to do the couloirs du Cure (croix de verdons) and de Burgin off Saulire in particular this week.
Is there anyone interested in teaming up ?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Where are you all ...... 55 views and no replies !!!!
These 2 couloirs are not that hard - just 5 - 15 minutes climb further up the ridge from the Grand Couloir and a little bit tougher ...... opening out to the Combe de Saulire and Stade Descente runs.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
PBJ, If you'd like some challenging off-piste skiing with a mountain guide, why not consider joining us w/c 6 Feb.? We already have 5 to share the cost of the guide and have booked the guide. See http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=57410 or “Deep and Steepish” Freeriding with Mountain Guide – Andermatt w/c 6 Feb.

Sounds as if you like the same sort of skiing as we do. But Switzerland has a reputation for being expensive? - Having skiied the Trois Vallees/Meribel and the top Swiss resorts many times, I reckon the 3V is a lot more expensive than Switzerland! Co-incidently, I'll be in Meribel till the afternoon of 16 January.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I would love to ..... but cannot make it that week.
In Meribel 17 Jan, Val D'Isere 14 Feb and planning a longish weekend in later March.
Nothing sorted for March yet - maybe Chamonix ..... La Grave ..... St Anton ??? prob around 21st March for 4 nights or so. If anyone is looking to do similar stuff then, let me know. I can travel at pretty short notice.
Was considering EOSB but it is a bit late in season to have to commit now ...... I'd rather wait and see what conditions are like.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
PBJ, We never know in advance how the conditions will be!!! The mountains and the snow have their own life!
Go skiing, have fun and if the conditions (snow, weather, visibility, etc) are all right let's ski the different corridors on Courchevel side and Meribel side from top of Saulire. Good luck and keep your fingers crossed. At the moment there is not enough snow for off piste skiing in the 3 Vallées, not enough to ski off piste safely.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi Snowarea ...... you are there and I am here ... you get the pick of the conditions all seasons.
I have 3 ski trips each year (not complaining !) - 2 are fixed and I am flexible on dates for the last one in March ...... so ..... I leave it till Wednesday, look at the snow and the forecast and go on Friday ...... maybe East to St Anton or West to France peut etre ....... we shall see !!!!

Still looking for some off piste mates in Meribel or elsewhere in 3v on Jan 17th though ............ are you up for it ?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
PBJ, I'm teaching from 18th to 20th January inclusive in Courchevel morning only until 1pm. Wish you a wonderful week in Les 3 Vallées.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
hi tfhere i could make possibly make the 17 jan ,have you any room in your chalet /acc to share for one person? if so reply with details cost ect ect ,maqny thanks steve
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
sorry - chalet is full up ..... i was guessing ther would be lots of others out there already !!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
many thanks for the reply theres loads of accomadation but as a lone travler i was trying to keep costs down by possible sharing chalet.but thank anyway ,enjoy your holiday
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Nearly time to go now ..... getting excited.
Anyone going to be there too ?
Happy for a fast piste ski too and a few beers if you are not up for the off piste !!!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy