Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TR: Resort Z last weekend - international invasion

Poster: A snowHead
Americans living in Switzerland, two Brits from Bristol and this Romanian who drove from Brussels met in Resort Z to share some turns.

The playground, Saturday morning:

We'll need to return to explore the backside:

Wildstyle tries out the fresh powder:

Wildstyle turns on the style:

Hayduke:

I'm also enjoying low-angle pow:

We spotted a white bird walking around - does anyone know what is it?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 8-12-09 14:47; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 brian
brian
horizon, in the alps it's a lagopède, ptarmigan (silent p) in the UK.

Snow looks typically appalling, don't forget to mention the tiny area and creakingly old uplift including some quite literally hellish t-bars.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
looks good, was the freeride area open??

Also don't forgot to mention there is no apres ski, and it's a dead end valley with no where else to go...

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Tue 8-12-09 11:58; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
brian, I wish he would.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kitenski, the draglift for the freeride area wasn't, but we traversed and did some turns there when we ran out of fresh tracks closer by.

Snow was excellent Saturday, getting slightly heavier Sunday but still not bad at all.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
brian, achilles, ouch, have I unknowingly stumbled on Resort X or something like that?

It's true, loads of draglifts and the area is too small. Stay away, everyone.
latest report
 brian
brian
kitenski, good points.

It's murder to get there as well, the road up from Sierre is a right pain in the ass (look at the grimace on his face).

snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
i think i'm going to cum.......nice work.......................

okye
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
horizon wrote:
..It's true, loads of draglifts and the area is too small. Stay away, everyone.

Exactly.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Effing ell - the secret is out. Thought it was only me and a few Swedes that went there Shocked
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
How did this thread slip past the mods? I call for it to be deleted as it contains eveidence of actual skiing rather than bickering about helmets, bootfitting, lift pass prices etc.

Resort Z is clearly pants I don't see a single nice groomer in your gallery.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Nah - it 's not worth the trip - completely rubbish compared to the mega resorts. And all those lonely trips on the ancient chair lifts and t/bars not to mention the ancient cable car that is well past it's sell by date. Health and safety issues to consider - best to stay away Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ha ha

looks superb
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
horizon, looks pretty good for early season, surely the location is wrong, it's off the back of Verbier where you were? any hidden rocks/core shots???
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
brian, I believe hoist and petard are the words usually employed Sad
snow report
Lovely jubbly Cool
ski holidays
 brian
brian
Yoda, rub it in why don't you? Crying or Very sad
latest report
Really guys, what have I done here? I feel very guilty and I don't know why...I've even removed the resort name from title and thread.

kitenski, there were hidden rocks indeed. I got a coreshot in a place which I had self-repaired...
snow report
If I'm not mistaken that black and white photo was taken in March this year - snow reliability is another big issue to consider. There is a strange sect of people living in this area like the Amish people over in America, they do not like strangers even been known to be downright hostile at times. That is one of the reasons why tour operators don't go there.
latest report
Looks strangely familiar; if it's where I think it is, it's true - a nightmare to get to, and a real dead end...
snow report
horizon, how could you - the shame.

You're in for it when JT gets here wink
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
He even put it up on TGR Shocked
ski holidays
norris, that wasn't me, it was wildstyle.

Everyone, please PM me with all your favourite resorts, stashes, etc. This way I can make sure I don't inadvertently disclose them to the wider world Toofy Grin
ski holidays
horizon, I am only kidding - its hardly a secret these days!
snow report
norris wrote:
horizon, I am only kidding - its hardly a secret these days!

But discretion is always welcome. Move along now everybody, nothing to see. You know you really love France. Can I recommend the 3 Valleys? It's a lovely area. Pop yourself into Meribel and you'll feel right at home. Lot's of lovely pistes. Fairly good food. Or Val D'Isere has a lot to recommend it. Off you go now, stay on the pistes, be safe and enjoy yourselves. You're worth it.
latest report
FoulNative wrote:
Looks strangely familiar; if it's where I think it is, it's true - a nightmare to get to, and a real dead end...

The first nega- pimp hits snowheads. How are you doing, been following your serialisation in fall line with interest?

The rest of you blame this bloke not horizon, he's been writing about it for years wink
snow conditions
Things are beginning to click I thnk?

ski holidays
fatbob wrote:
FoulNative wrote:

The first nega- pimp hits snowheads. How are you doing, been following your serialisation in fall line with interest?

The rest of you blame this bloke not horizon, he's been writing about it for years wink

My reader! We look forward to seeing you here sometime. Enter the Fall Line comp, or via Ellis Brigham & Scott skis and you can win a week in March, with some guiding thrown in.

As for spreading the word, I own up, I have been writing about the place from time to time, including a recent blog in the Times, but honestly, I don't think it makes much difference. Anyway, my theory is that a manageable number of punters keeps the ski lift prices down without putting a dent in the powder.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Those are fantastic pictures - what kind of camera?

ps. I hate you
snow report
Shimmy Alcott, all but the one of me are taken with my brand-new Panasonic TZ7 (ZS3 in the US). I'm still learning the settings.

The one of me - Canon 450D, with the kit lens I think.
ski holidays
horizon, I'm seriously impressed with the Panasonic shots - for such a simple camera
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
horizon, fantastic pics. The one of the lake is stunning. Looks like you hit it at the perfect time!
latest report
There was a fun mini bash day there last season for a few of us.
That day I found out that kitenski has a user name derived from kites and skis and not kittens (as I had presumed). Smile
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy