Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

FREE Mammut iPhone application -Inclinometer/Altimeter/Compass

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Check this out!!

Found this after receiving my "official" remeinder to upgrade my firmware on the Barryvox Pulse.

Mammut have launched an iPhone app to provide relatime avalanche and weather reports, together with an inclinometer, compass and altimeter. The really good news is that it's free!

http://www.mammut.ch/en/safetyapp.html

I'm installing now to start roadtesting Cool Cool
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It needs a data connection, I presume?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hyweljenkins, "super-snowHead
"
pre-ski Wifi or 2G/3Gwith roaming for the reports, altimeter from the inbuilt GPS but the inclinometer is fine on a stand alone basis, so potentially a useful tool. I think a lanyard for the phone would be a good idea as I really don't fancy using my iPhone which would sink without trace in a metre of powder!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jivebaby, Thanks for that, looks useful. Cool
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Good find Jivebaby, I'm just installing now. I did put on a free inclinometer application for just this purpose, but having the altimeter built in as well will be nice.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Jivebaby, Is this the app that is also a tranceiver? Just be careful because the "tranceiver/beacon" app is said to interfere heavily with your actual tranceiver...obviously a bad thing!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Glad to see you're up early vermont powder, Nope it just what is says on the tin, although making the phone into a transceiver or at least a beacon if you don't own a tranceiver is better than nothing.

What tranceiver do you have BTW? Cool
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I don't have one yet I think I'm going to get the Tracker DTS. It looks kind of crazy though. I like the Peips one but I can get a really good deal on the Tracker and it's rated about as high as the Peips so...we shall see what I decide.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The App is optimized to run on the mobile Apple devices this all new Mammut Safety App aims to help snow sport enthusiasts in assessing the local avalanche risk: It features a clinometer to estimate the slope angle, a compass to determine the slope exposition, and an altimeter.Mammut strives to increase the safety of all snow sport enthusiasts through innovative products that meet the highest safety standards, the transfer of expertise as well as specific training.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Jivebaby wrote:

pre-ski Wifi or 2G/3Gwith roaming for the reports

Data roaming is a really bad idea (financially) and should be turned off before leaving the UK. Otherwise you can expect an ugly bill when you return home, without any warning other than the standard network SMS warning about roaming costs. Wifi is okay though, especially when free. If it's a paid service you'll be prompted for payment up front, so no hidden cost.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy