Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

sort out my quiver (that sounds rude)

Poster: A snowHead
so i cant resist a bargain and i pulled the trigger on a pair of 189 hellbents...i already had made my mind up that i was going with a one ski quiver this season which was black crow navis 186 and dukes, but as i say, the bents were too good to let go...i have also a set of sally sth 14's....my dilemma now is which binders to throw on which skis?...i ski cham mostly with a trip to the states each year and over the next two years, god willing, i will be getting some deepo in japan and india (which is why i'm thinking dukes on hellbents)..so with this in mind, should i throw the dukes onto the hellbents, as when you go into the bc, which is where i try to be 80% of the time, you are there for the deepo, or throw the dukes on the navis's and keep the hellbents for skiing close to resort after a storm? i know a good few of you guys ski bc and cham in particular, so which setup would you go for?...TIA.....

okbye
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Put the pink 'binders' on the red skis, reverse though if you're not wearing white salopettes or in Japan.
wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
allanm, ....hmmmmmn.........so that's the pink bindings on the red skis? .......... gotcha................

okbye
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
mucker do your own research just like i do for every piece of kit that i've ever bought....search function search function search function until information is spewing out of your eyeballs....break it down, analyse the $h!t out of it then make your mind up.....thats all there is to it............

okbye
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kitenski, aw shucks, copying my retort out and using it against me....thank you for the compliment.......BTW...theres a slight difference between googling a watch and my question but i'm not sure you'd understand that......p.s....did you ever sell that avalung after you posted a pic of the gaper of the year slobbering all over it??????

okbye
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
snowpatrol, i still dont get people coming on here and asking advice about high end kit. If you're buying it you should know what you want to do with it. If you dont you should ask and expert, i.e. a reputable gear whore in a shop. Spamming the net about your ski binding options is lame.

and so is OKBYE!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I would say the Naxis will be more suited to all around offpiste, so I'd put the Dukes on those for when it's not ten feet deep and you want to get away from the pistes. Then Hellbents for the super deep days.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Skinning could be interesting on the Helbents with all that rocker and being more like a 194cm. You'll be skinning a long way in Chamonix to get the fresh pretty quickly too!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
kitenski, Toofy Grin Laughing

Liveezy, because this place is like a pub and people stand in the corner chatting about cars they are never going to buy, places they are never going to ski, and seeking advice for decisions they have already made. Anyway I would trust the answers I got here more that from the Saturday part-time bloke in most UK ski shops.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
stoatsbrother, yea i suppose so. I just cant help but think he's bragging. and I didn't say shop boy..a reputable gear whore in a shop. Besides I trust my own informed decisions above anyone else's.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Liveezy, if you read my post you will see that i had my quiver sorted.....then i get deal of the century on the hellbents so i snap them up.....i didnt really need them but hey....i have a spare set of sallies in the garage so i'm good to go....now, all i'm asking is peoples thoughts on what they would do, and based on that and my own thoughts, i will decide what setup to go for......simple as that.....no need for anyone to get uptight.....
clarky999, those were my original thoughts but i'm thinking with japan next year will i regret not putting the dukes on the bents!?
scottishskier, yeah a few guys on tgr said it was a pain skinning on the bents but manageable for an hour or so which is about the range i'm looking at...i'm thinkin the down will be worth it....then again the navis is probably the better choice for the dukes all things considered and use the bents in cham until the pow gets tracked out....or maybe not Puzzled .......

okbye
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Liveezy, i knew thats what your problem was....that you get upset that someone has a decent bit of kit.....f*** what a pu$$y.....my thoughts are that if someone works their nuts off all year, they can get what the f*** they want, i'm happy for them....tell you what though, at least you came out and said what your problem is....now go see someone about it.....

okbye
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Easy solution... buy another set of Dukes!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowpatrol, wow we are in the presence of a psych. I'm not really jealous, i have skiied the HB's and they are nice but I have got my own kit to be playing with. I just dont feel the need to be asking people which ski i should put my dukes on or what colour panties to get.

The OKBYE this is lame and old too.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
snowrider,believe me, the thought had crossed my mind!

Liveezy, i have absolutely no problem picking what panties to wear....when i do, i shall go on to a relevant forum to help me with making that decision.....when i'm deliberating what binding to put on what skis, i shall ask for opinions on a ski forum...........p.s. what does "not really jealous" mean?

okbye
snow report
snowpatrol, well, not really in the sense that i would quite like a pair of HB. But i went for a different option so not really jealous. I think you should put dukes on both sets. If you insisist on letting others make your decision then HB's aren't really touring skis but then Dukes aren't really touring bindings so yea, slap em on...
ski holidays
My €0.02 anytime you're likely to be using the touring set up is going to be a couple of days after a snowfall. By which stage what you'll be skiing is highly unlikely to be perfect powder. So the added advantage of the Bents over the BC's is likely to highly negated. They'll also be a royal pain in the donkey to tour on what with the rocker & size. Either just put the duke's on the BC's & be done with it or cough up for another set of duke's. Putting on the Soli's on the BC's would just be counter intuitive.
ski holidays
Liveezy, at last, a bit of input....see that wasn't hard at all was it......

okbye
ski holidays
Yes it Be Nice please! was.
snow report
Honestly I'd keep dukes on black crows for ultimate versatility especially as a touring day in europe can include all types of mank and dodgy hardpack. If the Hellbents prove to be hella fun consider dukes on them later for Japan/US etc but I'd use them as a "hike to" not a "skin to" ski.
snow report
Quote:

which binders to throw on which skis?

Tough one. As far as I know, a binder is a piece of agricultural machinery, so I'd be inclined to keep your skis away from them altogether. If you really must attach some, I'd recommend you get an expert to nail them on properly, as otherwise I imagine they might well fall off. Hope this helps.
ski holidays
snowpatrol, do you post as racoonface on tgr?
snow conditions
Liveezy, i know it was!

fatbob, solid advice as usual...... and probably the safest option....

Lizzard,oh yeah that helps plenty..... know any good nailers for my binders?

okbye
snow conditions
DaveC wrote:
snowpatrol, do you post as racoonface on tgr?

No, he is just copying Racoonface, who also copies Highangle. So here we have a group of JONG's
ski holidays
What none of you know is snowpatrol is my sockpuppet... wink
snow report
Dukes on BC's and then ditch the Sth's and pop a pair of P18 XXL on the Bents Laughing Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Liveezy wrote:
[b].......I didn't say shop boy..a reputable gear whore in a shop......

There's no such thing.
snow report
spyderjon, arent you a gear whore? Don't you own a shop? I would ask your opinion on gear whoring any day.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
kitenski, Laughing
ski holidays
Liveezy, I think it's the reputable part he's referring to. Kind of an oxymoron a reputable & gear whore in the same sentance.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy