Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scott Crusades - A bit of reassurance

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I just bought a pair of Scott Crusades today Smile but now have a bit of a panic on that they will be too long for me.

I am 13 stone and 6ft 2 inches and ski hard (most of the time) so went for the 189s, its just they seem so long.

Have i made the right choice or should i get them swapped for 179s?

Really can't wait to get them out to Japan in Feb Very Happy

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
capt_tri, welcome to snowHeads!

I'm sure you'll get plenty of views in no time at all. FWIW, I'm 5'8 and when I was considering Crusades I was probably going to go for the 179s...I'd have thought the 189s would be ok. You'll just have to charge everything Twisted Evil
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
capt_tri, I think that the shorter ski would hold you back when picking up speed. The 189's sound fine to me being 93mm underfoot and suiting an aggressive skier. In the powder you may well be glad of that extra float and stability.

I'm 5'10", 11.5 stone and ski a 177 twin tip at 98mm underfoot and am not exactly what you would call an aggressive or hard skier.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Stop being a girl and shred em!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
capt_tri, I'd say they were just about long enough for your stats - remember that twin's ski shorter. For Japan I'm surprised that you didn't go wider underfoot & with less sidecut. Are you on Warren Smith's Japan trip in Feb?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If you're going to Japan you'll be skiing powder, so you'll be glad of the extra float the longer ski gives you.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I am 5 feet four female and ski with last years 169cm.....They are awesome! I am an instructor and have ended up using them for everything. At speed they hold on incredibly well and are balanced. Certainly think you will have no problem with that length. They certainly ski a little shorter than the length suggests. My colleague is 5 9 and skis 189cm (female too). The ski will give you a huge smile...Promise!

Alot of ski school here have been testing them in 2010 model and giving great feedback
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks all,

Seems like I have made the right decision, now just need to get near some snow. I think a few quick days before Christmas are needed.

Liveesy - Good advice Happy i have had a strong word with myself.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
capt_tri, indeed, MTFU.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
As the song says "its easy when your big in japan" go big!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy