Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

hotel recommendations for zermatt feb 2010

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
just started planning first trip to zermatt, want to go in early feb before half term, and was after a good 4/5 star hotel recommendation, that will keep my non skiing o/h happy for a week Very Happy

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 7-12-09 18:00; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Neilski, Hotel Sonne is the only 4 star one I have been to there.

Nice rooms, good Spa, good food - at least it was 4 or 5 years ago.

I am sure you are going to get lots of feedback on this - but might be worth altering the thread title to include "hotel recommendations"
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stoatsbrother, thanks, could you advise how to change subject title thanks
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Neilski,

Hotel Alex is very good with a good size pool. It used to be that if you booked with them direct it was about half the TO's brochure prices. Bob Geldorf and family where staying there the last time we were at Zermatt though whether that increases or decreases appeal...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I stayed in the Ambassador about 3 years ago, which is handy for the Gornergrat railway. 4* if memory serves: large rooms (though not particularly luxurious) and pretty good food. Nice lounge area and bar. Good ski/boot room. I might be more tempted to stay nearer the Klein Matterhorn lift another time though.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If you want 5 star, the Grand Hotel Zermatterhof is the one to go for. Glad I'm not payong for it tho Wink
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hotel Julen is a 4* Superior. We stayed there a few years ago and it really is lovely. Its got a beautiful spa area and a lovely lounge area where you O/H could relax. There is also a stube and a restaurant. The bedroom we had was large and really pretty it was at the back of the hotel and had a balcony which had some sun in the afternoon.

Papperla's is just across the road from the Julen which means you can both easily meet for a drink after you've finished on the the slopes.

Its a quick walk across the river and down some steps to the ski bus and a short amble to the main street.

Wherever you stay, Zermatt is a great place... which is why we keep going back - in fact we're off there this Saturday for an early season warm up... Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
booked Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy hotel mirabeau 27/2/2010 here i come
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy