Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Hire - French Rip-Off?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
<span> I've just pre-booked lessons for my two kids with Oxygene, x1 is a complete beginner package (ski hire inc helmet, lift and mornings instruction) for Euro 319, x1 is 2nd week skier Euro 189 for lessons + 40 for ski hire. Advanced & expert skis for me and wife are 75.50 & 87.50 respectively. Downside is Oxygene are not at 1800 but in Plagne Centre - not a problem for us.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
n1ckster, I believe that Sport2000 are run on a Franchise basis, so each shop is different, and even different Sport2000 shops within one resort don't necessarily carry exactly the same range.

But being such a large international business, hopefully they make sure their franchises are run to a reasonable standard.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
narc wrote:
Lechbob wrote:
don't hire skis through the T.O. as you are in a better position with cash at the hire shop to haggle & can take it or leave it.

Totally agree with this. Avoid the crowds and the crap the hire shops save for TO hire 'deals'.

You can haggle in hire shops? As in, on the price? snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Skola wrote:
narc wrote:
Lechbob wrote:
don't hire skis through the T.O. as you are in a better position with cash at the hire shop to haggle & can take it or leave it.

Totally agree with this. Avoid the crowds and the crap the hire shops save for TO hire 'deals'.

You can haggle in hire shops? As in, on the price? snowHead

Everything is negotiable. Especially if you have a group of people wanting stuff. Everyone's in business, and unless they're the only shop in the resort, the gear is going to sit on the rack instead of earning them money.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm not keen on the pay in advance on line deals. Having already got your money they can give you any old cr@p.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

I'm not keen on the pay in advance on line deals. Having already got your money they can give you any old cr@p.

In the case of Sport2000 you 'only' pay a nominal deposit, and the balance in resort, but I take your point.

Nick
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy