Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Suunto owners - what colour face do you have?

Poster: A snowHead
I'm considering getting a Suunto Core, but I'm not sure wether to go for a light background and dark numbers (meant to be easier to read in bad light), or dark background and light numbers (meant to be easier to read in good light).

Considering skiing could both be in very bright light as well as overcast, I'm wondering what other folk have???

Cheers,

Greg
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Black.

It just looks heaps cooler Cool
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mine's got light numbers on black background. Easy to read all conditions Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Black, very easy to read in bright sunlight, not so easy to under artificial light.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Flesh - caucasian sort of colour. Occasionally redish tinge after heavy exertion......

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Mon 7-12-09 16:50; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
i have the core in black with the orange strap......cool as.....................................

okbye
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ok black seems to be the favoured colour, now to find a good deal on one!

Looks like some ok prices on ebay from the USA, but adding in VAT & importy duty is going to take the prices close to UK ones ...

Anyone know of any good deals?

Cheers,

greg
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kitenski, wrong on both counts....black with orange strap is coolest plus getting it in the states is still cheaper, even with the duty.....ebay.com is where you want to look....

okbye
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have a Suunto Vector model in Black and Dark Green. Fantastic bit of kit, now nine years old with no problems whatsoever, bomb proof construction.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowpatrol, ok, show me some links?

This one on ebay is £135.44 + £12.07 shipping = £147.51

Add on import duty 5%??? £154.55
Add on VAT at 15% £178
Add on handling/clearance fee in the UK £8 £ 186

facewest price: £194.44
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have a Core light green which has black numbers on a silver face. Very easy to read and looks a bit less Timex, IMO.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just checked the Facewest site and the black Core model retails at £179.99p plus they have a loyalty scheme that gives you 10% off your next purchase. So if you go on to buy a jacket for example you wil get £17.99p off. I have used Facewest quite a few times and have always been pleased with their service - at the moment you also get free shipping within the u.k.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
kitenski,....there ya go.....you save £8.44....that'll get you a pint in chamonix (just about)..... mucker do your own research just like i do for every piece of kit that i've ever bought....search function search function search function until information is spewing out of your eyeballs....break it down, analyse the $h!t out of it then make your mind up.....thats all there is to it............

okbye
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowpatrol, thought you'd managed a couple of posts without abuse...
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Shimmy Alcott, yeah i'm sick of it already.............nice is pants..................

okbye
snow conditions
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Suunto-Core-Watch/dp/B0013NAH7O?tag=amz07b-21

£165 in black and yellow. I had the light green for £150 or so about two weeks back. Looks like that deal has been pulled.
ski holidays
I have my Suunto Altimax for 7 years now. Not had a single problem. Mine has a light background with black number and I never had a problem in very good or very poor conditions. In fact, I was in one of the worst storms (total whiteout, driving snow, wind etc) that I have ever experienced at 6500m (mountaineering) and my trusty Altimax came in very handy. Personally, I reckon the numbers are easier to read in poor conditions when they are black.
latest report
It depends on how much Genepi I have had. But as for my watch, it has a black face which becomes luminous green when it lights up.
snow conditions
snowpatrol wrote:
i have the core in black with the orange strap......cool as.....................................

okbye

Hope it matches your poles Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Shimmy Alcott, Laughing .........let him settle his own fights!.............

okbye
snow report
snowpatrol, ...I would...but orange...isn't that just for gay boys?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy