Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs next Jan

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello! I'm new here!

Next Jan (26 - 31) we(family) are planning a trip to Les Arcs(1950), (first time) and I'm looking for information that could help us to get on the right way! We'll have just few days to enjoy the mountain. Many questions...

1) We'll need ski/boots, so where you guys think will be our best choice(prices/good set)?
2) We also will need, at least, one day of instructor, any tip?
3) Looking at the Paradiski map I can't figure out the limit borders for the domains - Les Arcs, La plagne. Things as: Is Villandry included in the Les Arcs's lift ticket? Or just in the Paradiski ticket??

4) We are intermediate skiers (able to run in USA blacks). I intend to purchase just Les arcs domain lift for the first and second days, since the place looks as huge as we'll be able to play around, and Paradiski for third and fourth -. What you guy think about it?

5) Are RF radios(walk talky) reliable and permited to be used there?

6) please, feel free to send us any kind of information you think important

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Eduardo
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
beised, You will be going to Snowheads favourite resort!

I cannot answer 1 or 2 having never stayed in 1950.
3) Vallandry is in the Les Arcs domaine
4) The Paradiski pass is eye wateringly expensive, and you will find plenty for your whole week in Les Arcs. You can buy a 1 day Paradiski extension, but after that its cheaper to go for the whole week on a Paradiski pass (Lift tickets are hands free electronic, and cheaper bought for the number of days you are going for)
5) yes and yes, although only in the same valley because of the height of the mountains for reliability of reception.

6) Have a look at BertieBassets extensive trip report for lots of useful tips
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Haddoc,

"... You will be going to Snowheads favourite resort! ..." Great!! Madeye-Smiley

You know, it's a hard job to chose for a place to ski in France, toooooo many options Mr. Green

Sorry, but I think I don't understand it "...You can buy a 1 day Paradiski extension, but after that its cheaper to go for the whole week on a Paradiski pass..."

Yes, great post from Bertie Bassett, tons of good information!

Despite the fact we'll be going to 1950. Any tip for ski/boot rent?

Cheers
Eduardo
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
beised, Hi

Glad you liked the TR.

1) Don't know any specific ones - but don't rule out getting kit hire from Arc 2000 - it's just a v. short bubble ride away so if you get a great deal from a shop there, won't be a problem and the lift (cabriolet IIRC) is open early/late.

2) Spirit1950 is the main school in 1950 and generally gets good reports from other snowheads.

3) answered above

4) The pass I recommend you get is the 'discovery pass' this gives you full access to the Les Arcs domain +1 day in La Plagne - if you then wan't to do additional days in La Plagne you can pay an additional 'upgrade fee', but if you're only there for 4 days I think Les Arcs will have more than enough to keep you occupied.

5) Don't use them myself.

6) Keep an eye on the snow reports thread - often also used for details of meet-ups and other latest news such as events happening in the domain that week http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=55986. Make sure you go to the top of the Aiguille rouge and ski all the way to villaroger (if you can do it without stopping that's great). Have a good go at some of the blacks around the 2000 bowl.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bertie,

I would like to say THANKS!!

Yes I really liked the TR.
I'm trying to read the tips about the pistes/restaurants, beside looking at the map and setting the way points on my old brain and not so good GPS inside Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I think I've saw some good prices at Intersport at 2000. You may know if they allow us to pick up the skies/boots in the night before??

I agree, we probably take the 'discovery pass' and maybe +1 day in La Plagne.

I'll pay attention on the snow report thread, for sure.

I'll try " Make sure you go to the top of the Aiguille rouge and ski all the way to villaroger" seems to be Goooooooooood!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again!
Eduardo
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
beised, Have a good time in Les Arcs, i am in Arc 1950 right now for the flim festival. It is a ski in ski out resort so you will find it very easy to get around. It is expensive to drink in some bars. Average price for demi 3.50Euro, ouch!! 'O chaud' bar, but the others are also very similar. You should do your shopping down in bourg at the superu and bring everything you can up with you.

There are some nice places on the mountain to eat and not any more expensive than eating in 1950. Arc 1800 and 1600 are cheaper. Arc 2000 is nearly the same, a little less, but not much.

If you are only there for a week get the discovery pass with the one day in la plagne it is all you really need. If you are there for two weeks, it is worth getting the paradiski pass if you like covering the distance and not skiing the same place twice.

For ski hire etc. Go to our Les Arcs 2009 / 2010 thread under snow conditions to hear all the latest about everthing that goes on in les Arcs. I try to keep that up to date every day. Hope to soon post news about ski hire purchase.

If you have any other questions I might be able to help you with, please post them on the les Arcs thread or PM me.

Might see you in George's Wine bar in 1950 when you are out. Hope you have a good trip. Toofy Grin
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi Snowcrazy!!! Thanks !!!

Fantastic!! This is for sure the best website to get good information about France resorts!

Yes, who knows we can meet at Les Arcs, next Jan 26 to 31 for a glass of wine!!! Orr for some good runs!

Yes, good advice! We'll coming by car to Albertville and going to shopping before heading to BSM/1950.

I'll PM with questions thanks for the offering!

BTW who else coming to Les Arcs next Jan 26 ???

Cheers
Eduardo
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi everyone - just registered with the site. I'm looking forward to our trip to LesArcs, 23-30 Jan. (We stayed in Plan Peisey 3 years ago, this time it's Arc2000)
Howard
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
beised, Hi, there's this -> http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=54318&highlight=
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks Alanm!!!!!!!!!!

Howard, keep in touch!

Cheers
Eduardo
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Well,

After read several great posts in the forum and, since our trip is just around the corner!!!!! Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley

Looking on the piste maps, I need to say I'm a little confused about it. I know I know I'll figure all the thing out just wen I put the eyes on it. But...
I would like to ask you folks who knows those pistes at Les Arcs, some clues about it.
We'll be at 1950, and think in something as: long and ease ones for the first day to warm up the skull Toofy Grin
Some more difficult for the day #2 and #3 etc. etc. etc

Thanks in advance!!!
Eduardo
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi Eduardo - Les Arcs is divided into two main sections - Arc 1950 (and arc 2000) is in the main bowl area, and you can cross over a ridge at l'Arpette or Grand Renard onto the slopes running down to Arc 1800, Arc 1600, Vallandry and Plan Peisey.
For your initial warmup runs, I would suggest Marmottes, then on to Arcabulle. For a long easy run, you can take one lift up (Boid de l'Ours) then ski all the way over to Plan Peisey. For the route back, I suppose it's up Peisey lift, then up Derby, then head for the mid-point station of the Transarc.
(I stayed in Plan Peisey 3 years ago)
Plan Peisey is of course the link to La Plagne via the Transarc lift - depending on the lift pass you get, you may have a day's access to the other resort, or all week.
Howard
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Does anybody know which pass the UCPA give out in Les Arcs?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Howard,

Thanks! Good tips! I'll keep it in mind for sure!

Regards,
Eduardo
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy