Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

fed ex (or whoever)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
has anyone thought about fed-exing their ski's and boots to destination and the associated cost.
i used to do similar a few years back when i went to kittery in maine and would mail back boxes of clothes.

woonder if sending clothing and kit to hotel would be cheaper than paint michael flatley..
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

paint michael flatley
mugen, do you mean "pay Michael O'Leary"?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bode Swiller wrote:
Quote:

paint michael flatley
mugen, do you mean "pay Michael O'Leary"?

yes but i was using poetic license.. oh the life of the pedant
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
mugen, I saw Michael Flatley in a filling station on the A30 a couple of years back. He had a very nice shiny Bentley and an even nicer pair of tight leather trousers and a figure hugging satin shirt - I did a quick riverdance in the payment queue but that didn't impress. He's a bit different to the rugby-shirted bloke from Ryan Air I can tell you. Would I paint either of 'em? No.

Anyhow, to answer your question, no, you'd have to be mad(der).
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bode Swiller wrote:
mugen, I saw Michael Flatley in a filling station on the A30 a couple of years back. He had a very nice shiny Bentley and an even nicer pair of tight leather trousers and a figure hugging satin shirt - I did a quick riverdance in the payment queue but that didn't impress. He's a bit different to the rugby-shirted bloke from Ryan Air I can tell you. Would I paint either of 'em? No.

Anyhow, to answer your question, no, you'd have to be mad(der).

why would i have to be mad, whats your reasoning?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
mugen, painting Michael Flatley would be waaaaaay more expensive than paying ski carriage.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bode Swiller, Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
mugen wrote:
has anyone thought about fed-exing their ski's and boots to destination and the associated cost.
i used to do similar a few years back when i went to kittery in maine and would mail back boxes of clothes.

woonder if sending clothing and kit to hotel would be cheaper than paint michael flatley..

Answering the underlying question seriously, no it would be considerably more so send them by courier.

I just priced up a pair of skis from UK to Austria at 10Kg, 180cm * 25cm * 25cm by Fedex - £95.18 (economy). DHL come in about the same. DPD work out at £82.50 (volumetric charge comes out at 28Kg equivalent).

So even the cheapest of them is still twice the £40 that Ryanair charge.

You certainly wouldn't get your other gear for less than his charge, if the rest of your gear comes in under 15Kg.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

Answering the underlying question seriously
I thought I did.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Have you seen how couriers treat their cargo? I wouldn't want to take the risk. Plus £30 ski carriage is hardly going to break the bank. Yes, it means I have to carry them myself, but it's easy to park the car, grab a luggage trolley first, then load luggage from car into trolley.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
queen bodecia, It is £30 with Thomsonfly (TUI group packages), but it is £80 (return) with Ryanair, which is what the OP was talking about.

And the airport baggage handlers aren't any more gentle Sad
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy