Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Menuires 2009/2010

Poster: A snowHead

@jonhm, RachelQ , stevew, Hurtle, pam w, SteveM, allthegiants, Frostythe Snowman,

Thank you for your kind wishes! I will be airlifted to The Netherlands on next Saturday. According to the doctor in Courchevel i will be on skis, running and cycling after 150 days.

I always though this things happen when you are a beginner and not when you have an experience of nearly 40 years.

Do have a good season and enjoy the snow

regards

123_456

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 26-01-10 17:20; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Good luck with the recovery!
You'll be back in no time at all, I'll look forward to your photographs next season.

Sparkz
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
123_456, How did it happen?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
123_456, How did it happen?

We were skiing Saturday at about 14.45 on the piste Lac Creux in Courchevel. About halfway this piste makes a sharp turn to the left and changes from a broad rather steep piste into a flat narrow path. In this turn it was icy and I touched a piece of ice, lost control of my right ski, try to recover but fell to my left side on the ice. I feeled someting at the backside of my right knee and thought this is not serious. Due to my speed I tumbled over 3x to right side of the path in deep soft snow. Afterward I had no pain at all and try to stand up to climb out of the deep snow. Then I noticed that I do not have control over my right knee. The securite de piste arrived in a short while and they brought me in the "barquette" to the doctor in Courchevel 1850. First diagnose : nothing broken, ACL teared off, possible damage of the meniscus, MRI necessary. The right leg is now in a brace and I can walk around. I will be airlifted on Saturday night from Chambery to Rotterdam. Total cost only for that afternoon just less than 1000 euros.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Wed 27-01-10 13:56; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Good luck with your recovery, 123_456.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
123_456, yikes! This is not the way to stumble upon this thread! Hope you make a speedy and pain-free recovery!

Just about decided that we're going to do Reberty this season - looking at the third week in March currently. So here is where I'll make my home in anticipation Smile
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
123_456, it's strange, but because I don't ski anywhere particularly extreme and am also quite cautious/like to ski in control and within my capabilities, I'm not scared of spontaneous injury, only of collisions on busy pistes. But your experience has highlighted for me - particularly since I know Creux well, and love it - how easy it is to hurt oneself badly, even if the circumstances are rather mundane and not at all dramatic. I expect you thought much the same. Sad Do get well soon.

PS Is that you in the blood wagon?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hurtle wrote:
123_456, it's strange, but because I don't ski anywhere particularly extreme and am also quite cautious/like to ski in control and within my capabilities, I'm not scared of spontaneous injury, only of collisions on busy pistes. But your experience has highlighted for me - particularly since I know Creux well, and love it - how easy it is to hurt oneself badly, even if the circumstances are rather mundane and not at all dramatic. I expect you thought much the same. Sad Do get well soon.

PS Is that you in the blood wagon?

@Hurtle

I am always skiing in control and within my capabilities. The first 7 weeks of this season I have skied every day without falling. So I am still suprised that this happened to my. Just like you I see coming more danger for other skiers and boaders who are out of control or making strange and unpredictable movements on the pistes.

Yes it is my in the "barquette".
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
speedy recovery 123_456, thanks for all the great photos this season and previous ones too. i guess your last one is the one none of us wants to see.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
123_456, Sorry to hear that, and wish you a quick recovery. We will miss the great photos!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
123_456, how shall we keep you amused on this thread? Would you like to see others posting photos of the 3Vs here, or would that make you more miserable? It would be nice to keep the thread alive for you, as you while away the next few months. Do keep us informed of your rehabilitation, anyway. And maybe post some non-skiing photos here? I expect you will continue to take wonderful images wherever you are, even hospital wards in the Netherlands! You could re-name the thread to suit your circumstances - and continue to re-name it on a regular basis, as Masque has done with his trucking blog. Over to you! The season won't be the same for snowHeads if you just disappear. Smile
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.

Since last week I can walk slowly without ctrutches and brace. It is 100% sure that that the ACL has been teared off. MRI of the knee has been made yesterday, but the pictures say nothing to me. I have to wait untill 16/2 for the results and possible further treatment. Three times a week a fysio therapist tries to make my knee more flexible. Every hour I do my excercises and day by day I can bend my knee little bit more.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
123_456, is that your next Christmas card? Laughing Laughing Glad to hear you're getting a bit more mobile.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
123_456, so sorry to hear about your accident.

Sounds like you're working hard with your knee and keeping positive.

I'll miss your daily pictures but it is great to hear from you and how you are doing.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

Take care and best wishes to you.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@sparkster, the flying snowplough, fast eddie, rogg, patch, hurtle, snowaddict

thank you for your kind reactions!
Both sides of the menicus are damaged. A keyhole operation will take place on March, 3. Recovery will take 6 weeks.

@hurtle

please keep this thread open so I can post my progress!

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Thu 18-02-10 13:42; edited 1 time in total
snow report
123_456, good to hear from you. I'm sure nobody's going to close the thread! Do hope the surgery goes well. Six weeks from 3 March will still be before the EoSB in Val Thorens in the last week of April, so maybe we will see you for a little gentle skiing then? Hope so.
latest report
Sunday 25-10-2009, last day of the season 2009 in Whakapapa Village, New Zealand

Monday 26-10-2009, view on Mount Ruapehu from the south near Ohakune

for more pictures go to : http://www.flickr.com/photos/123_456/sets/72157622807446120/

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Fri 12-03-10 12:06; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Lovely. But I can't face the long journey - too much still to see and do nearer to home.
latest report
Hurtle, ditto - am very much looking forward to adding to this thread with my pics from Reberty in 3 weeks time, though!

Good luck with the surgery, 123_456 - I'm sure you'll be good as new in no time Smile
ski holidays
Hurtle wrote:
123_456, good to hear from you. I'm sure nobody's going to close the thread! Do hope the surgery goes well. Six weeks from 3 March will still be before the EoSB in Val Thorens in the last week of April, so maybe we will see you for a little gentle skiing then? Hope so.

I think you are to optimistic. Not only my menisicus is damaged, but also my ACL is broken. Total recovery time will be 5-6 month.
snow report
123_456, ah, sorry, I had forgotten about the ACL, how stupid of me. That's a long haul. Such bad luck. Sad
latest report
123_456, sorry to hear about your ACL, don't get too down about the injury though: 5-6 months sounds about right. kristof off here did his in the first week of Feburary last season and was fine to ski this December.

Make sure you follow the physiotherapy fully (and that the therapist is used to aiding recovery for skiing after a snapped ACL). Positive vibes for a full recovery.
snow report
How is the recovery 123_456 ?
snow conditions
I miss the incredible images posted by 123_456. Get well soon.
snow report
Timberwolf wrote:
I miss the incredible images posted by 123_456. Get well soon.

Same here...

123_456, hope to see you in the 3V next season snowHead
ski holidays
And me. Hope the recovery is proceeding well.
ski holidays

back in Les Menuires as a slow moving pedestrian for 4x times 10 minutes a day

see all the pictures of Wednesday, 31-3-2010 at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/123_456/sets/72157623617912253/
snow report
Good man - and photo fix complete Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
123_456, good to hear from you.
latest report
Timberwolf wrote:
123_456, good to hear from you.
Indeed. Very Happy
snow report

see all the pictures of Thursday, 1-4-2010 at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/123_456/sets/72157623749212360/
latest report
This one is so beautiful!!
latest report

see all the pictures of Friday, 2-4-2010 at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/123_456/sets/72157623756318012/
snow conditions
Joyeux Pâques/Happy Easter 2010.

see all the pictures of Sunday, 4-4-2010 at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/123_456/sets/72157623643060779/
latest report

see all the pictures of Monday, 5-4-2010 at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/123_456/sets/72157623652996533/
snow conditions
123_456,

Good to see you back Very Happy
latest report
greetings from Val d'Isère

see all the pictures of Tuesday, 6-4-2010 at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/123_456/sets/72157623789802000/
snow report
Quote:

back in Les Menuires as a slow moving pedestrian for 4x times 10 minutes a day

123_456, sounds like hard work. Sad
latest report

see all the pictures of Wednesday, 7-4-2010 at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/123_456/sets/72157623795536790/
ski holidays

see all the pictures of Thursday, 8-4-2010 at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/123_456/sets/72157623681771003/
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy