Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is there such a thing as a cross between sunglasses and goggles?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
arv, good point, well made, lol! Laughing Laughing
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I was the same, never wore a hat or goggles, just flipped up the hood on my jacket while on the lift. However I found My Giro is even better. Actually pushes air through my hair while sking and keeps me cool. On the lift it keeps me warm. If its really cold I can shut the vents. Its so comfy I forget its on. I have even been caught walking around in the hotel with it on cos I forgot it

Also The speaker in the helmet is far more confortable than an earpiece for the PMR Radio. I also used to hate goggles because of the tension around my head from the strap. With the Giro on I wear goggles all the time now, very comfortable, no watering eyes at all, no steaming up and no pressure on my glasses under the goggles. Also cant loose the goggles when you wipe out cos they are attached to the helmet (and neither my glasses)

I think like most things, there are good and bad goggles and helmets. Bad ones will put you off, good ones will make you wonder however did you cope before. For me the combination of a G10 and Bolle OTG goggles works well.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Goggles do strike me as uncomfortable without a helmet - the elastic is never in the right place and it always tangles in hair. That said I learned indoors and helmets were compulsory for lessons, so I am used to wearing a helmet for skiing, the same as I always wear a riding hat on a horse and feel wrong if I don't put my seatbelt on in the car, even to reverse down the drive!

I only really wear sunglasses on terraces or walking round the resort - quite happy to stick to goggles for skiing - well unless they are terminally steamed up due to tears over a mogul field anyway!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
queen bodecia wrote:
Now I know what I'm looking for, the budget end of the range is available too!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Professional-Sunglasses-Anti-Glare-Detachable-Elasticated/dp/B002OROJ18/ref=sr_1_22/279-6903679-4134059?ie=UTF8&s=sports&qid=1260014691&sr=1-22&tag=amz07b-21

Thanks folks!

Thanks for the link, I just got a pair of these, don't think I'd have paid the seventy quid rrp for them but for the asking price on Amazon am well pleased with em!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy