Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Looking for ski buddies for St Anton

Poster: A snowHead
I have rented an apartment in St.Anton (it was too cheap not to) for the opening week of the season, St.Anton opens on the 27th of November and I am looking for three or four people to share it with me. So anybody who fancies getting on the slopes as soon as poss for not a lot of money then please contact me..... I have the apartment from 26th Nov - 5th December - that is 10 days skiing and if I can find 4 people to share it with me it will cost 150 Euro each. The apartment has two bedrooms and two shower rooms and is in a central position.... am counting the days down already!!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mornin
had a look for flights but no can do. All the best , a bit peeved after hearing it's good for the après !
Cheers Laughing
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi BFG I have booked with Ryanair from Stansted to Memmingen. The flights are silly cheap!!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mikehawthorn, how far is memmingen to st.anton?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
barthez1980 wrote:
Mikehawthorn, how far is memmingen to st.anton?

Looks to be just over 100 miles and ca 2 hrs by car, 3.5 to 4.5 hrs by train.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
104 miles, Google says. I also looked at flights and found nothing useful.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Tempting ! Ryanair flights from Stanstead to Memmingham are only £16 inc taxes and online check in!. I then starting checking detail & troubles is Stanstead is long way south & east for me so petrol & parking come to over £100. Skis carriage another £80 rtn, a bag £30 for a bag. Transfers ?.
Swiss air Manchester to Zurich is more convenient for me at about £187 with luggage & free skis carriage as standard ,a lift to airport, easy transfer to St Anton make it viable.
Am I brave enough to get permission to go ? Not today! I am about to do pennance in the form of taking my wife for Theatre/ Shopping break to London for disapearing to Tignes 2 weeks back & taking into consideration confessing planned trips to V.D' before Christmas and 3V after. Still got to come clean about Sella Ronda and Colorado.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
That is a shame.....the snow is already falling in St.Anton !!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sounds VERY interesting Mike, would you consider somebody for a 7-day stay, Saturday 28th Nov - Saturday 5th December?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yes I would...... the dates are flex, I have the apartmnet for 10 days so whatever fits with you...... let me know
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hello Mike,

Are there till vacancies for this offer? As i am very interested! I would like to note that i am only 18 and male let me know if u are not comfortable with me being young. let me know
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I am looking for an early season trip but can only do seven days. Are there still places available?
How much of the ski area is open this early on? I went to Verbier two years ago on the same week and they only had two lifts open and they did no piste maintenance so it was a little disappointing. We did get 50cm fall overnight though which made up for it.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
HI Guys

Yes there are still a couple of places, let me know asap if you are still interested and the dates that you would want to come. The apartment is available from 26th Nov - 5th Dec. St.Anton opens on 27th. There is already a fair amount of snow in the resort at the moment and the early weeks of December are a great time to ski. The Rendl side of the resort will not be open but the rest should be including Stuben and Lech / Zurs. Look forward to hearing from you.....
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
CHEAP FLIGHTS. Have just checked the Ryanair flights from Stansted to Memmingen and if you fly out on Weds 25th and head home on Thurs 3rd (6 days skiing) the fligts are a crazy 1p each way including taxes so even if your are bringing your skis it is still a cheap deal. I see from the tourist office site that the slopes open on the Friday morning and there is also the longest slalom race in the world which anybody can enter. The flights are still very cheap if you stay until Sat 5th.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mikehawthorn, might be interested but can only commit much closer to the date. Will follow this thread for updates from your side.
snow conditions
snowman wrote:
Mikehawthorn, might be interested but can only commit much closer to the date. Will follow this thread for updates from your side.

ditto
ski holidays
btw Zurich is very convenient for getting to St Anton, very easy train journey.
latest report
I am very interested but will not be able to give you an answer yet, I know that is very inconvenient not being able to commit but it is a tricky time at work for me. In the meantime I am looking into flight options.
When I know I can make it I will see if you have any places left.
snow report
OK let me know when you guys are ready to commit and we will see what places are left....
latest report
rayscoops, cheers Smile
snow conditions
Sounds good, but maybe too far for me to come from Geneva by car? 5 hours it is saying...
ski holidays
A bit of a drive but not so far !! Especially for cheap accommodation/....
ski holidays
Well let's chat, but likely to stay more Verbier/Geneva/France...
latest report
Well if you have never tried St.Anton before I would say you have been missing out !!
ski holidays
Are you still looking for people? Sounds good if the snow conditions are anything like last season.
latest report
Yes I am .... do you want to PM me....??
snow report
Heh guys - i will be in St Anton then too and have a spacious appartment for the season really close to the centre in a beautiful location (Galzigweg 51) so if anyone gets tempted and wants to come back for the odd week/short weekend let me know as i have a spare sofa bed ..

share rental /food etc only

BTW lots of ways to travel ...into Friedrichsaven is generally better than Memmingham - only 12 euros on train from there and i got a return for 8 euros - but a couple fo changes (not difficult)all timetables are on main anton site...
innsbruck is the best via easyjet...loads of trains from there
watch the baggage charges - ryan air really strict and will weigh your hand luggage even
Zurich also good but check connecting tain times....

btw great choice...Anton is party capital of Tyrol and amazing skiing!

Zoe
snow conditions
Zoe - r u looking for someone to share the apartment for most of the season - may be interested. If so, how much etc.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mikehawthorn, hey there,i'm gonna head out to st anton next tuesday, 24th of november. am really interested in that flat you got there, r u still looking for some people? Cool
ski holidays
zoeamanda, you arrived yet? snow conditions seem pretty poor, give us an update when you get there on chances of lifts opening next Friday.
snow conditions
Just to give you a heads up, but the opening has been canceled due to not enough snow.

If you have a look at the web-cams http://bit.ly/62Ye8K you can see why. At the moment it's not cold enough for the snow canons to run, what you need is about -4 or colder and not too humid, with the right conditions they can produce enough snow in about 48 hours to open up, but the weather forecast until mid next week is not too promising.

Because you already booked the apartment and your flight I suggest go there and wait until the lifts open up.

Hope you will get to ski while you're there.

Cheers
Torben
ski holidays
Hi torbs, good to have someone on location, if they open this weekend, what do you think will be open, maybe from the top of Galzigbahn? or is there enough snow cover in Stuben or St Christoph?
latest report
Hi Peter,

I'm actually not on location yet, in Thailand at the moment, but from watching my usual sources and with 16 season behind me as a ski instructor and guide in St. Anton, I know how it all works.

The first they will open will be Galzig, that means Osthang #5, Kandaharweg #2 and the run down to the village, past Mooserwirt #1, then later St. Christoph #8 and Steissbachtal (Happy Valley), but as I said all depending on the temperatures and the humidity level for the snow making. Stuben will first come later, still very sparse with snowmaking facilities down that way.

Have fun,
Torben
latest report
Hi Torben, they are not opening this weekend, just got word from tourist office.
ski holidays
An Austrian newspaper stated today that St Anton would now open around the 12th Dez. Snow and lower temps are forecast so things might change.

http://www.wetter.at/wetter/sport-freizeit/berg-wetter/oesterreich/tirol/arlberg-galzig
snow report
Hi guys sorry for late reply
yes the start has been delayed to the 11th/12th December although Ishgl up the road is still opening - it seems they have more snow. From my appartment i can see ...erm rather green slopes down to the Galzig, but white peaks at the top - the last lot of good snow was a couple of weeks ago and a lot of that was washed out. But temperatures feel low - about 2 degrees it was icy on my car this morning so heres hoping...

anyone who is interested in sharing for a week or longer in my appartment just send me an email on zoeamanda11@googlemail.com as i often forget to log in here...the rent is a third of the main rental cost as i have the bedroom and the bed is in the main lounge - ive asked the landlord to put in a new double sofa bed....so that should be in in a bout a week. Works out about 150 euros per week share food costs on top, there is a washing machine for laundry and internet WiFi included in price - i have spare laptop.

I'm looking for people who are easy going, social but not crazy party heads, i love to cook i also like to go out to tapas bar every now and then if feeling lazy..its also a really social place. I'm 44 and probably repeat myself a LOT! but still like to apres - Mooser, Taps, Piaccadily, (i love to dance) but only occasionally hit the late scene...! (cant combine that and ski!) i'm also hoping to work part time..i have a very unsuitable VW convertible that sit outside so can get out to innsbruck, bludenz, bregenz etc and do the cheap supermarket runs....etc.

so if you're interested send me an email and let me know about you.....! if you have skype even better!!
latest report
Hi Zoeamanda,
I've sent a pm
Jim
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy