Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Line quality control

Poster: A snowHead
Help..

Look what i did to my anthem tonight..

I did this at casvegas. I'm pretty sure its a warranty job but i got them in the US and no way am i paying for shipping there and back.
Anyone know a line rep in the UK that can hook me up with a new pair??
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ooh check out the tip rocker!

How exactly did you do it?

If they recognise it as a warranty issue, wouldn't they refund you the shipping costs? When I bought skis from a shop on US ebay, that seemed to be the message they gave.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's in the tail brah. Buyer assumes shipping cost under warranty. If all else fails i will ride again with them on opposite feet. Then remount backwards for a BC jib tool. Seriously can someone with weight help me out here.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
These guys http://www.soulx.com/h/n/SOULX/HOME/ know the Line UK people, I think. They helped me out with some Line stuff a few years ago. Might not be them who helps you but I reckon they will at least hook you up with the right person to speak to.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yep, contact the UK importers for help.

And clean yer freezer for f***s sake!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Mosha Marc, Woah, i didnt know you spoke to my gf!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
........and while you're at it that door hasn't seen a paintbrush for many a year.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
http://lineskis.com/support

How do I warranty a ski?
NEVER SEND PRODUCT BACK TO LINE
You must contact the Line dealer that you purchased it from, including online purchases. If you purchased through our BUY NOW button you must contact the dealer that shipped you the product. The dealer will inform you of your options. If there are no Line dealers in your country then you will need to ship it back to the original shop you purchased it from (all shipping expenses are your responsibility).
What to do if You Have a Warranty Issue

Return the product to the authorized Line dealer where the product was originally purchased if possible.
Bring a copy of your original Sales Receipt (Required!).
Your Dealer will contact Line Skis for a return authorization
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
why send it to line? take it to your local line dealer and they can sort the warranty out for you! your warranty is with Line and not the shop that you bought it from! as long as its within a year old and you have a proof of purchace the line dealer has to sort it out! (as a personal note though...don't bug the person that has to sort the warranty out daily...its a long process and a pain in the flippin ass!)

How long have u had the skis and were you landing a jump at the time? I personally don't see why this is a warranty issue as it is impact damage but that is for line to judge!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
It was the first time i had used them so obviously i was taking care not to damage them. It's not impact damage as i didn't impact them on anything...
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Liveezy wrote:
It was the first time i had used them so obviously i was taking care not to damage them. It's not impact damage as i didn't impact them on anything...

They just bent like that skiing, not landing a jump or anything?? Shocked Shocked Shocked
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Are you sure you didn't buy 333 skis?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Take it to your local line dealer to be sent off to pure fishings warranty department! I warn you it ain't a quick process!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well yea i was jumping but i wasn't landing on the tails. Just nice smooth underfoot landings. I didn't bonk anything or butter them out so.. I dunno, i weigh 95kg which may have something to do with it. Thats besides the point though. They are a park ski designed to be buttered and abused. No way should they rocker that much first time out.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Liveezy wrote:
Well yea i was jumping but i wasn't landing on the tails. Just nice smooth underfoot landings. I didn't bonk anything or butter them out so.. I dunno, i weigh 95kg which may have something to do with it. Thats besides the point though. They are a park ski designed to be buttered and abused. No way should they rocker that much first time out.

Its not us you have to convince dude! As it was your first outting on them I agree there must be something wrong with the ski and I know if the skis were bought in the UK even if the ski wasn't seen as a warranty they would replace them as a good will jesture! BUT as its not a ski bought in the UK and K2/line UK didn't make any money on the skis in question this is less likely to happen BUT if the ski is a genuine warranty (which for you I hope it is Very Happy) they will swap it over if they have any stock!

out of interest has the top sheet creased at all? I can't see much in the photos other than your newly invented rocker!
latest report
Nope. no external damage that relates to the de-lam. A few nicks and scrapes but nothing major. I really hope Line UK does hook me up. I dont want to post to the States ill get but-raped on postage. The other thing is that they only made 400 in this size so they will have to find a suitable replacement. +ive vibes appreciated!

ski holidays
Liveezy, have you contacted Line UK?
latest report
I have, no response yet. From what you guys have said this is going to be a slow process. Which sucks as i'm trying to upgrade my trick bag to Gucci before i head out to Slovakia this season.
ski holidays
Who have you contacted? I'm pretty sure they will just send you to your local dealer so they can get the skis collected bud! may save you a few days anyway!
snow report
Just sent an e-mail through the Line website to Jason and sent an e-mail to SoulX. Also contacted original place of purchase. Should come back to me within a few days...
latest report
ok, soulx? are they even still in business? everything listed on there web site is old stock!!

If you get stuck give me an e-mail at work dan@snowtrax.eu and i can see if I can help but you would be much better off going to your local shop otherwise I will have to charge you for all the postage! If it is a rare length ski it is very doubtful that you will get that ski length back unless you wait until next season! I'm pretty sure there is no anthems left in available stock :-S
snow report
Really, thanks man. Really appreciate the feedback from you and everyone else. My local shop is ellis-brigham. Have tried them but they are too 'busy' to call back. Will wait and see what happens next week. I have heard line are pretty legit so im hoping they will pull through and get a suitable replacement to me, soon!
snow conditions
Liveezy, honestly I'd be very impressed if ellis helped out as you didn't buy the skis from them!
snow report
kitenski, Indeed. wink
ski holidays
I"d be very impressed if the Line UK importer helps out , considering you bought in the USA. and now they are expected to cover the cost of replacement.
ski holidays
Well yea, but im sure they have heard of internal invoicing.
snow report
waveslider wrote:
I"d be very impressed if the Line UK importer helps out , considering you bought in the USA. and now they are expected to cover the cost of replacement.

Its part of there contract too! if they call the ski a warranty...must admit I reccon they are more likely to look for a get out cos the ski not being bought in this country!
ski holidays
Response from one retailer..

There is so much wrong with this response. 1. No rocks in a snowdome. 2. Rocks do not cause this type of de-lam. 3. They are not repairable.

"The problem with skis is that they are not indestructible and can be damaged riding over something hard – such as rock – either on the first trip or the 200th day. We’re always frustrated when it happens to us so soon with a new pair we have bought for our own use. It is also a risk with riding early in the season with lower snowfall – you don’t even notice you have ridden over a rock or whatever until you get back and see the damage.

However it can often be repaired – we suggest you take the skis to a good ski shop or back to where you bought them.

Cheers,

"
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I can't beleive they actually sent that response
snow report
I'd write them a polite response outlining the actual circumstances of the damage with photos to back it up and suggest that they reconsider their "standard" response. If that does not elicit a change in attitude name and shme please.
snow report
Why? Yeah it's a stupid response, but that retailer isn't obliged to help out. Why should they be 'named and shamed?'
latest report
clarky999 wrote:
Why? Yeah it's a stupid response, but that retailer isn't obliged to help out. Why should they be 'named and shamed?'

I guess it depends on the terms of the warranty - if Line offer a global warranty and their first point of contact is with an authorised dealer then any authorised dealer should be obliged to consider a request seriously. If they truly have no obligation to help maybe they'd be better responding as such ratehr than send a dog & pony response about rock damage.

I've had relatively hassle free experiences with Burton, Drake Salomon and Atomic like this and while I'd rather have kit that wasn't defective in the first place I'm certainly not a dissatisfied customer.
snow report
what seasons ski are they? I really don't recognise the graphic, also what length?

and yes if that reply is off the american shop they should be offering to be more helpful, however they are just trying to wipe there hands with the situation! nd prob know that they will get away from it! moral of the story is buy from the uk! lol
ski holidays
They are 178 08-09 Line anthems. BUT they are the limited edition Eric Pollard Octolands. Only 1200 were made in each graphic. So replacement is doubtful...

I will post here again once the issue has been resolved. Good or bad.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Mon 7-12-09 23:37; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
Damn, that's a pretty ski. Hope you get it resolved in a good way (and not just because I'm a Line owner Madeye-Smiley )
ski holidays
Yea its a sick ski, looks good and is super flexy in the tips but solid under foot at 90mm. Im gutted about what happened. I have owned loads of Line Skis and so far they have been great so im hoping they will remain great and i can keep buying them. Sad
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy