Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Helmet Ski Camera's Help

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
HI,

I will be travelling to Alpbach on Boxing day, then off again to Mayrhofen end of Jan and thought it would be nice to record some footage on a helmet cam (rather than a normal handheld with my hand freezing!).

I have found two which catch my eye, both on http://www.actioncameras.co.uk/Activity/Snow?gclid=CICB9smgu54CFQdl4wodLUlCmg

X170 & Contour HD 720p

Can anyone give me any help in regards to a decent camera along these lines or even one of these. There was a thread in 2008 but all of the links have expired.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Morgan
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have the ContourHD from VholdR and love it Smile I've borrowed various cameras and spent the last 2 years researching everything that came onto the market. After trying some I wanted an all in on unit with no wires and this thing fits the bill perfectly. the 130 degree wide angle means you don't miss anything and the lasers help line it up. its VERY light and very well made. Does 60fps for std res (giving you some nice slo-mo if you play it back at 30fps) and 30fps for 720p.

IMHO, you can't go wrong with it Happy I bought the Snow package from dogcamsport with a 16gig card, 3 batteries and an extra goggle mount.

Si
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If your handheld cam has an analogue input you may want to have a look at http://www.rfconcepts.co.uk/helmet_cameras.htm
I bought my kit off of these guys and it's worked great for about 7 years now for about £100 to work with my old Sony Handycam.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
fishslice, Nice to hear that. Santa has purchased the same package for me... Toofy Grin
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Contour HD its a neat simple package with easy mounting options and is fairly discrete. Its also in a nearly bombproof housing that is only about 100grammes.

Very simple to use and quick to get into to dump the data/ change the card or battery. Would reccomend getting a couple of spare batteries (they are nokia phone batteries)

http://www.youtube.com/user/kevindonkleywood#p/a/u/0/tKeGKEukaio

A short clip (ok ok....fairly lame! )from a big fridge with the cam in HD mode. Remember to click the HD button on youtube or you will just view sd quality. Cam Also does SD at twice the frame rate. Audio is fairly sensitive so expect lots of wind noise, although it is better than some in that respect.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
contour have the new 1080p version out now
great little camera
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kevindonkleywood, fancy levelling lasers and you still can't get it straight. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

fancy levelling lasers and you still can't get it straight.

Thats my head thats on wonky....
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
kevindonkleywood, Where is that "big fridge"? rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
george owen, Ski Dubai.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
george owen, if you look below the clip before you play it...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy