Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tips for cheap Eurostar/TGV/SNCF tix?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I need some thrift.

Are there any sneaky tricks, like the Holiday Autos voucher code (which I always always use thanks to this place!), for Eurostar and/or French railways?

Tesco Clubcard don't seem to do any Eurostar offers any more, which is a shame (or do they?) so does anyone know of any affiliate schemes or corporate discount codes etc.?

I'll love you forever if you do. Physical love if necessary.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
D'oh, I didn't see this thread. That link on the first page is a pretty nifty starting point.

Tum te tum.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Eurostar/SNCF have £99 return to Grenoble from London throughout the winter
I change in Lille on the outward and in Paris on the return.
It goes on sale 90 days before your travel date(note 90 days before your return date is the first date you can book it)
As seats are very limited at this price it is necessary to get in there on the first date that bookings are open.
We got it for the last 2 years, and Transisere bus has connections to all the main resorts in the region eg Chamrousse 11 euro return.
Smile
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nice Dan, thanks.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Book as soon as possible, i.e. 3 months in advanced to the day. Get on the web at 7am and book up. I got a single from Paris to Bourg St.Maurice for €20 by doing that.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Christopher, What kind of train is that on, and which day/time? That's a good price!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ChrisWo, Saturday 6th March I believe the train leaves around 12:50 and arrives at 17:33. I got up at 6 in the morning to book them up as SNCF's pricing system seems to work by selling a certain amount at different prices. TGV second class. It is currently €38, so by booking early thats approx. a saving of £15.

On the same day the 15:40 from Paris arriving in Bourg St. Maurice at 21:27 is €25.

If I can get a cheap train, I'll will be able to get myself to the Alps there and back for £120 to very close to the foot of the slopes, which when you consider the price of flight and then transfer.

Eurostar cost £35 single, £70 return at 8:00 in the morning giving me an hour and a half to cross Paris.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Christopher, thanks - I'm a fan of the train to Bourg, always good to know what the cheap options are Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ChrisWo, No problem. I have never taken it before, looking forward to my adventure. For someone who still only holds a provisional lisence and is under 21, I can't hire a car. Therefore I reckon its the most conveniant way of getting to the slopes for myself unless I wanted to use a tour op.

Spread that cost over the three weeks I'm going for, I think is bargain. In the UK a single off peak day single to London from Oxford is £20, so for the TGV travelling much much further than the mere 60 miles of that journey.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy