Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

It's snowing in Europe

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
According to snowHeads around Europe, there's great news, with lots of snow falling - even in the Lake District! Here's more weather news from snowHeads...

bobinch

Switzerland:

rob@rar
In Zermatt rob@rar says that: “It snowed overnight, all day and is still snowing now, with more forecast for most of tomorrow. At a guess I'd say 30cm or so at resort level, and more up top although it was a windy day so God knows where it will all settle. No photos from on the hill, but this tree is outside my hotel and was entirely green yesterday”
In Verbier Fifespud reports that “it has been hooning down all day. God knows how much we have had. Obviously horrendous visibility today, but tomorrow should be fantastic!”

Austria:
Carolyn says of Niederau that “Yesterday we woke up to a covering of snow and this morning it is zero outside and looks like there has been a bit more. We are due to open on 19th so looks like the snow is right on time.” In The Arlberg thread, RobinS says that “according to the website St Anton are starting opening on Friday 4th” stanton goes on to say that “it snowed all night”. In Obertauern waynos says: “had email from friend just as he finished some ski touring at Obertauern a few hours ago and said around 20cm fresh and still falling.”

France:

jezzy
In Chamonix firebug says that there’s “50cm in the garden now and it's still snowing lightly.” thefatcontroller says that it was a “bitch of a day today, at least 1 foot of fresh snow and its still snowing really heavy” in Tignes. boardiac says that “snow was bucketing down even below Bourg...”
In Serre Chevalier snowangel. reports a “nice white valley at last! about 10cm here at 1400m”
In the Three Valleys “Big fluffy flakes at 800m in Bozel this morning” says offpisteskiing.
snowandtrek happily reported on Monday that “It's all white in the village this morning!" In Morzine. "At last winter here we come...yipppeeeeeeeeee”.
Les 2 Alpes: I think that jezzy’s photo says it all!

firebug

bertie bassett received a text from a friend in Plan Peisey: “OUI OUI OUI LA NEIGE EST ARRIVÉE”!
Alpe d’Huez is also cheering at the snow falls as is boredsurfing in Montalbert La Plagne.

Italy:
luigi says that “Snow has fallen heavily across the Dolomites in the last few days and the season is just getting underway” he goes on to say that “The latest Val Gardena snow report shows that up to 70cm of snow fell in the recent storm, add this to the earlier artificial/natural base and there is currently 100cm of snow depth on the mountain and 20cm in the valley, more snowfall is forecast for later in the week, webcams show that grooming is now taking place and piste conditions should be excellent for the anticipated lift opening on Friday 4th December, great for any early season skiers heading out before Xmas”

Canada:

rob@rar
wbsr reports that Whistler Blackcomb had a bluebird powder day for its opening, whilst whistler24.com said that they were due a storm this past weekend and DrE says that they had an awesome day over the weekend: “Made it there for pretty much the first lift up Blackcomb at 8.15am, watched the few people that made it up before us whooping down the "groomers" which were covered in a good layer of powder. I was practically jumping off the lift to get after it thinking "nooooo stoooop skiing all my fresh powder! I needn't have worried, there was plenty untouched left for my first run down - was one of the best ever, got to charge down some untouched hero powder with a nice groomed run underneath - awesome!
greg66 has given some stats which include the fact that Novembers record for snow “smashes the snowiest month … there in the last 28 years, which was Jan 06 with 469cm” wow!
JB007 says that Tremblant will be opening this coming weekend and happily states that “It is snowing here.”

U.K. :
Peter S says that in The Lake District: “looks like the Lakes and Pennines have had a decent dump tonight. Still snowing here in North Yorkshire. Could be some good build up on Raise and high up in the Pennines by Friday.” Johnboy reports a “Dusting on Sperrins this morning”
Winterhighland says that "the Ptarmigan Tow Was open on Saturday morning “with the Ciste Tow coming on at lunchtime. All Top Basin runs open and complete with fantastic snow/cover on the Ciste Fairway, really well drifted in with the fence lines loaded for opening day.” roga says “Looking at the Winterhighland Glencoe webcams it looks like it's snowing heavily in the West right now and the BBC are forecasting "up to a foot" of snow overnight on the Grampians so hopefully Cairngorm will get it too - fingers crossed!”

Ski Guide
Finally for this week, the Pyrenees:
Ski Guide “Woke up to snow falling in the garden (630m), more forecast for later and tomorrow with about 20cm of new snow at 1800” on Sunday morning. metalhead123 says that “Big Dump yesterday, affecting the western Pyrenées, accumulations about 80 to 120cm of fresh snow, in this part. In the rest of north side of the range, 40 to 50cm of fresh. And other zones such a eastern Pyrenées, and south face, have also recieved 25-30cm at least.”

As always, we can't do it without you providing your photographs here and snowReports here. Thanks everyone!

enjoy the snow, and be safe!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi,

I am newbie to these forum and i read all the suggestion you give,wow that's very helpful and thanks for that,that's very nice and i apologize for my bad English too hope that you understand it!!!!!

Thanks and regards!

''Lin''
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi,

I am newbie to these forum and i read all the suggestion you give,wow that's very helpful and thanks for that,that's very nice and i apologize for my bad English too hope that you understand it!!!!!

Thanks and regards!hypnosis downloads

''Lin''
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy