Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I find that people look incredibly ugly in ski helmets

Poster: A snowHead
i wear a bobble hat it's a rather nice blue and black reversible number that i've had since i was 7 (i'm now 28!)

The advantage of beer goggles is they don't wear off until the morning after, with a beer helmet surely its only sensible to take it off before? I bought my 1st helmet today and will get to test it out shortly Laughing
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I like this thread.... I think it is the best helmet thread I have ever read!

I have a 24" long bright orange fleece bobble hat... with a nice blue bobble at the end. If I do wear it I prefer to put a large something in the middle of it so it sticks up 2 foot! Wally... moi???
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Slowphil - Surely the bobble precludes reversibility? I demand an explanation, involving science.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cunners, perhaps it's a klein bobble wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yoda - Surely that's the ultimate compromise. Hit a tree and, though the tree will be inside the hat on contact, your head will be outside and therefore perfectly safe leaving the arboreal menace safely contained.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
The Abominable snowHead, I think my looks are enhanced by my helmet, especially when worn with goggles and a face mask.

Anyway - with lids you get that "beautiful women takes lid off, shakes golden/auburn/strawberry blonde tresses out" moment. snowHead

And wooly-hats with side flaps are just for Dappy and toking-telemarkers.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
paulio wrote:
In the end though, the bobble I made was far too tightly-wound, and really heavy, so we didn't use it Sad

And evidently you haven't quite got over it yet. I remember you posting about it last year, you said the bobble sat on your mantelpiece for a while, and I quote..."mocking you with its high weight to volume ratio".

I like the way you say "we" didn't use it though, it sounds like you had a committee and meetings about it and everything. Did somebody carry out a heavy bobble injury risk assessment?

D

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Wed 2-12-09 15:22; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yellow or blue bobble?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01369/Dog-hats_1369884i.jpg
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I dont think so

http://youtube.com/v/nwlkZG0-DIw

I rest my case my lord
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
At least I'm only ugly in a helmet, not ugly and a prat in a bobble hat Sad

My skiing is soooo bad nobody notices my face anyway
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Deliaskis wrote:
paulio wrote:
In the end though, the bobble I made was far too tightly-wound, and really heavy, so we didn't use it Sad

And evidently you haven't quite got over it yet. I remember you posting about it last year, you said the bobble sat on your mantelpiece for a while, and I quote..."mocking you with its high weight to volume ratio".

I like the way you say "we" didn't use it though, it sounds like you had a committee and meetings about it and everything. Did somebody carry out a heavy bobble injury risk assessment?

D

It's been relegated to a plastic box in the wardrobe now.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'm waiting for the next installment in the paulio bobble story, it's gripping stuff!

stoatsbrother, I've never really thought helmet hair was a good look per se although...

I could be wrong. Very Happy
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Deliaskis, Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I don't wear one but I do appreciate their existance... without them there would be less knob gags on the piste.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
stoatsbrother wrote:

And wooly-hats with side flaps are just for Dappy and toking-telemarkers.

Hey now no need to get nasty and drag in the telemarkers.
snow report
pinhead, do you have a problem with hats?
snow report
laundryman, Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
I luvs me a nice bobble. Anselm Baud is always in bobble hats in 70s photos of loopy couloir first descents, and that's good enough for me!
snow conditions
Here is monsieur, contemplating the far horizon in his bobble hat

Nick
ski holidays
Of all the helmet threads I have read, this one is definately the best!

Coincidently, I plan on getting a helmet, but mostly for my forays into the park.
snow report
What you can't see in that photo is his mittens on bits of string.

being a committed bit of string user myself I'm not suggesting this is wrong, but nontheless, the point stands
ski holidays
queen bodecia wrote:
Who actually pulls on the piste anyway?

Twice Cool
snow report
same here
when I SKI I DONT CARE WHICH IS MY BEST SIDE Twisted Evil
snow conditions
My helmet enhances my looks......when worn back to front!
ski holidays
blockhead wrote:
same here
when I SKI I DONT CARE WHICH IS MY BEST SIDE Twisted Evil

You're never going to get on the cover of falline with that attitude.
latest report
A bobble hat was good enough for Ingemar Stenmark, so it's good enough for me.
snow report
I don't notice what skier's have got on their heads but if they've got those horrid pole straps wrapped over their hands I just want to vomit.
snow report
The OP apparently has never seen me in my giro.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Personally I'm extremely glad I've never seen Frosty The Snowman's back-to-front helmet.
snow report
Cunners wrote:
Slowphil - Surely the bobble precludes reversibility? I demand an explanation, involving science.

My wager is on velcro or maybe a little snap.
snow report
Quote:

I find that people look incredibly ugly in ski helmets

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! Very Happy

I found wolly hat rather silly.

Not that I found helmets any better. They're both look equally silly. Though both does the job of keep the head warm. And helmet has the edge on warmth, plus the slight added padding on the occasion when one's head gets too close to a tree branch.
snow report
I look like a Knob in a helmet , perhaps that why my wife likes me so much !!!!!
snow conditions
I think it could be said that 'I pulled on the piste' Toofy Grin

I actually look OK in most hats and helmets, I recall when I used to have to wear a hard hat on board ship I was one of the few that didn't complain. IIRC somewhere in my house is a great picture of me dressed in builders helmet and survival suit and I think I'm actually doing them justice!! Embarassed
snow report
I'm impressed that people have actually pulled on the piste! I also know someone who pulled on a motorcycle rideout, resplendent in scutty insect-encrusted leathers! Amazing!
snow report
Now THAT'S what I call skiing!

http://youtube.com/v/-lpFWjOFe8w
complete with bobble hat.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Wed 2-12-09 20:30; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
primoz, Seconded! Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
Megamum, IME most tall people look OK in hats. I look like a mushroom in every type of headgear (apart from a beanie, which makes me look as though I've just emerged from brain surgery) but can't say it worries me unduly.
latest report
Hurtle wrote:
Megamum, I look like a mushroom in every type of headgear

If you pulled like that, he would probably be a fungi to be with. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
pinhead, love telemarkers to bits - wish I could do it - just lots of those at JH seem to have a bobble hat and a beard.

.... and then there's the men....

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Wed 2-12-09 20:50; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Oh, for crying out loud Geepee... surely that's a banning offence?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy