Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Parsons Knee & skiing - a question for the medics perhaps?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
OH has been told his horrid puffy knee is something called 'Parson's knee' (a bit like housemaid's but lower down). It doesn't cause him any discomfort unless he kneels on it.

We are planning on coming to the snowHead christmas bash at Hemel but he has an appointment to have it aspirated the afternoon before. Can anyone tell me if he should/shouldn't ski the next day? We are booked for Bardonecchia in mid Jan. and it's more important that he's fit for that so if he has to stay in the bar and watch us all ski in the fridge then so be it.

Any words of wisdom for us? He's pretty anxious about the aspiration (aww bless wink ) I have no comfort to offer him as I've not experienced it myself. Does it hurt? Anything he can try first? We've tried the usual (Ibuprofen & RICE) but is there anything else?

thanks in anticipation of your help.

Concerned wifey, Havant

ps I am sympathetic - honest. I have my own fair share of knee issues.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy