Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Another "which skis" request for help - sorry!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My OH wanted to buy me boots and skis for a significant birthday. I have bought the boots (not tried them out yet) and am debating on skis. Can anyone give me any guidance? I am female, 154 cm, about 50 kg, and enjoy skiing blues and reds. I can tackle blacks but don't particularly relish the experience. I like to make good progress but would describe my skiing as cautious rather than reckless, I am happy to cruise along and enjoy the view rather than be the fastest. I definitely have no desire to go off piste. Last time I skied I was given 150 cm skis, however, my daughter was given the same, although she is a good five inches taller. I visited Snow and Rock and they suggested Salomon Emerald Origins or K2 Sweet Luv or True Luv. Any comments or other suggestions gratefully received. And how do I know what length to go for? Many thanks in advance.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Check out the atomic clouds also! really nice looking ski (especially the cloud Cool and are incredibly smooth piste skis. also I really like the dynastar skis, I like the fact that they design there skis specifically for females, they look where the bindings are set and put a wedge under the foot as the ladies centre of gravity is different to men! The Sensations are prob going to be the ones that you will want to look at, although I reccon you would be able to cope with the active quite happily and give you some thing to progress on!

We are offering 10% online discount on skis at the mo PM me for a code Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I am replying on OH's user name. Having read your post you sound a very similar skier to me. I got a pair of K2 Sweet Luv's last year and have never looked back. I am 156cm female and 55KG. My K2's are 146 (although I could ski on 150's) I am really happy with them. I will never win any medals for my skiing but am happy to ski down blacks in the right conditions but really enjoy challenging reds and love cruisey blues. Another bonus is that they are such light skis I even carry them myself occasionally! Cool
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy