Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing from Geneva

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I am flying into Geneva a week on Monday and arrive at about 9.30 and leaving at about 5 Friday evening. I want to do some skiing on Monday afternoon and Friday morning so looking for a resort that is 2-3 hours from Geneva. Before the recent snow I had Zermatt in mind, but this is a bit further away.

I also have a friend in Crans Montana, but not sure if they will have any good early snow.

I am thinking of hiring a car and waiting till quite late to make my final decission, but can anyone suggest anywhere that is close to Geneva and will/does have good early skiing.

Cheers,

Oli
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The following will be - or already are - open - Espace Killy already has 30 odd runs open:

Grands Montets (Chamonix) - 1.25-1.5 hrs.
Tignes/Val D'Isere - 2.5 -2.75 hrs
St Martin de Belleville (3 Vallees entry point) - 2-2.25 hrs.
Saas Fee - 2.5 - 3hrs hrs
Taesch (for train to Zermatt) - 2.5 - 3 hrs hrs

And, by the way, the Skiclub GB website (updated today) says: "Crans Montana (20/80cm) opened on Saturday. One lift was opened on the glacier but this is closed during the week. They should start daily skiing with more lifts running on Saturday 5th December and then have the full area open by Saturday 19th December."
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for your response. If Crans is not fully opening until the 19th, I think i will give it a miss.

I also think Chamonix is not an option, I always seem to end up there.

Thanks again,

I will let you know what I decide.

Oli
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
olisav, Morzine, Avoriaz, Les Gets and general PdS ski area?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
olisav, My understanding is that "Chamonix" is only opening weekends until the 19th. Likewise Morzine-Avoriaz-Les_Gets (locals there may be better informed). Diablerets or Saas Fee might be your best options...but probably too far to drive.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Olisav, Verbier?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Les diablerets / Glacier 3000 , couple of hours from Geneva
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Think i am going to head to Morzine for 4 nights in 2 weeks, any one been? Is it good place for short break.?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
olisav, It's unlikely anywhere will be fully open so I wouldn't rule out Crans Montana. I'd say your best choice in Switzerland will be to drive to Le Chable and get the gondola up to Verbier. It would take you 1h 30 mins driving from Geneva airport. Zermatt should also have a fair bit open by then but is probably more like 2h30 by car and then you need to park and transfer onto the train for the last 20 minutes up the hill.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Gstaad is 2 hrs 30 by train from Geneva Airport, so you would get there by 1pm Change trains in Montreaux with the Goldenpass up to Gstaad
Worth it for the views
It had 45 cm of snow yesterday
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
dan2000 wrote:
Gstaad is 2 hrs 30 by train from Geneva Airport, so you would get there by 1pm Change trains in Montreaux with the Goldenpass up to Gstaad
Worth it for the views
It had 45 cm of snow yesterday

It was sunny all day yesterday Puzzled It got a decent amount on Monday but its warming up here, Gstaad is low and he's not coming for 10 days.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy