Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

snowHeads trip to Colorado Mar/05?

Poster: A snowHead
Right! This is what I have got back from my contacts.

Based on American Airlines from either Heathrow or Manchester, the
flight-only prices are:
Heathrow - Low Season (2-16 March/25-31 March) £370 per person-
Easter Season (17-24 March outbound) £555 midweek, £579 weekend
Manchester - Low Season £415 per person
Easter Season £415 midweek, £602 weekend.

These are prices for individuals. I have now asked a prices for a group and also for Jan/Feb, but as I have said further up, sometimes these prices rise for a group not fall.
Anyone know if these prices are any good?
The one thing that is good about them is that they SHOULD be bookable by quite a few before they get "closed out".

Comments from them what knows??
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
e-bookers quoting £360 for first week in Feb (BA) from Heathrow. Can't check any later as can olny book up to then.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ssh--its gone a bit quiet here Confused Dont know about the rest,but I'm off Easter week to French Alps.Not long after that the first winter 04/05 brochures will be hitting the shops.Many of us will then face the torture of deciding if to book,or not?
Its well known here that if you go for things like free child places etc,you have to get in early.Thing is,do you think we should be aiming now for some firm suggestions so people can decide what to do.Maybe now would be a good time for a poll;what do you think??
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowskisnow, works for me. I'll start a poll thread for location.

Note: I don't think these same problem are likely here in the States, but no reason not to start! Wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Now thats what I call a quick response Wink nothing for a week then BANG! it all happens at once Shocked Sure you're not messin with them thar internet patches rolling eyes

Sorry about that--I'll go and look at the poll Embarassed Embarassed
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
The flights seem to be starting to appear on BA and e-bookers sites.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just bumping this back up, as I am bored at work

Interesting to see that easter prices from Manchester don;t go up...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Which sites did you check nbt, ? I'm coming up with 550ish returns on e-bookers. BA definitely the most convenient though.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I didn;t check any - just going off the prices quoted above.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
oops missed that one !!! Embarassed
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If any of you are real serious about doing this, you may want to look at either the Copper Season pass or the Rocky Mountain season pass.
http://www.passwagon.com/
You would have to buy it online by May 17, but they will only charge you $29 US now, then the rest would be billed to your card in August. This would work if you plan to ski in either Copper, Winter Park or both for more than 7 days.

If you choose Summit County, you will be about 20 minutes from either Keystone, Copper, Breckenridge, or Abasin. Vail would be about 30-40 minutes away. Needless to say, its cheaper to stay off mountain. The Summit Stage operates a free bus system, so you can avoid the cost of renting a car.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Or if you're *real quick* and happen to be out in the US near Denver (or have somebody who looks very much like you), the Vail resorts Buddy Pass (Keystone, Breckenridge, and A-Basin) or Colorado Pass (adds 10 days at Vail and/or Beaver Creek) can be bought at discount with only USD$29 up front. But only in person in Denver area stores, and only on Saturday and Sunday, and this Sunday 16/5/04 is the last day for that pre-season discount deal.

As a soon-to-be local, I'm really glad I got mine a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately, unlike the Copper pass, if you haven't had one before, you need to buy it in person. The Copper pass can be bought online.

Lodging in the small Summit County towns of Frisco or Dillon would put you in easy reach by Summit Stage free transit, or by hired car, to all of the resorts without the expense of on-mountain or in-resort-town that you might see in Breck, Keystone, or Copper itself.

Hope to see old and new friends there!
Mark
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi MarkXS, snowHead Welcome to snowHeads! snowHead Not many European-based snowHeads up and about at this time (my excuse is that it's an hour earlier here in France)....

Going off topic, I'd be interested to know if any of the new members from across the Pond have skied in Europe, and if so, where?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi PG! Markxs and I have skied at Bormio, Italy.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Noticeable drop in US visitors to France this year! Hope things return to normal soon, the alleged 'bad feeling' is way off the mark, certainly as far as the French are concerned. Let's hope the latest crisis blows over soon....
ski holidays
MarkXS, welcome to snowHead! Great to have you here (and I'm excited that we may get to cross paths in early June!).

It's likely time ot restart this conversation and see how many folks are truly interested in making the trek across the pond. I'm certainly interested in helping to organize it for ya'll!
snow conditions
Sorry ssh, meeting up with friends in Whistler now . Tried to get them to come to Colorado, but it was their turn to choose.
snow report
Sorry, but i'm not going to be able to make the colorado trip anymore. I'm off with the girlfriend to Whistler for the season (it was easier to get a Visa for Canada)!
snow report
Helen Beaumont, WaistDeepInPow, You guys will have great skiing in Whistler/BC, amazing extreme terrain and a good chance of waist deep snow. But don't forget to pack that useful folding device, oh what's it called, it's so long since I left England...oh yes, an "umbrella"!
snow report
Martin Bell, yeah that's what i've heard! I skied Vail last year, in terms of size how does Whistler/Blackcomb compare?
snow conditions
Martin. In your case I assume the umbrella is used to slow down.
snow report
WaistDeepInPow,
Whistler's just got 30% bigger apparently snowHead
http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/mountain/news/
Not sure how it compares to Vail, but it should keep you going for a while - see you there snowHead
snow report
David Goldsmith, no it's in case I'm asked to eliminate any Bulgarian dissidents...as a notorious dissident yourself I'm sure you're aware of such dangers.
WaistDeepInPow, Vail and Whistler are the two top resorts in North America and have a long history of friendly rivalry. The most ardent Vailite would not dispute that Whistler is bigger, and undoubtedly has much more "fall and you die"-type extreme terrain. Conversely, even diehard Whistler fans would concede that Vail enjoys superior weather and snow quality. Here are the most relevant stats:
Whistler 4757 acres
Blackcomb 3414 acres
Whistler Village base elevation 675 metres
Vail 5289 acres
Beaver Creek 1625 acres
Vail Village base elevation 2475 metres
Beaver Creek base elevation 2469 metres
They're very different resorts. The only way to really decide which is better is to try both and then make your own decision.
ski holidays
Martin Bell My thoughts exactly, i was going to apply to Vail Resorts for a job this season but decided that i couldn't go back to a resort i'd been to without trying all the other ones that have been recommended to me first snowHead snowHead

I've got to say that i was absolutely blown away by Vail, i loved the wide open back bowls, and just the sheer size of the ski area. Althought i remeber thinking at the time that it could have done with a bit more steep.

Thanks again for the info. Bring on October. Very Happy
ski holidays
OK, here's some information, which I am leaking...
Next season, the Daily Mail Ski & Snowboard magazine are doing 4 trips...
The first is, as usual, to Whistler
The third is to Sestriere
The fourth, to Val d'Isere.

The second one departs on 27th January, and is going to... Winter Park and Steamboat. Price is from £699 for flights & accomodation.

Now, while it doesn't suit me, it might suit others here who would like to do a snowheads trip.
snow report
Gang, I'm sorry I've been away so long. Literally swamped in a new job at a young technology company. I finally have a day off, so I've taken a little time to check in here.

That said, I would like to recommend that anyone considering this trip seriously consider attending the Epicski Academy instead of or in addition to this trip to Colorado.

I'm still willing to help organize this, but it doesn't seem like the interest is strong enough to create a true group trip. Let me know if you think I'm wrong!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy